Teresa Alvarado, 54, of San Jose, has been appointed to the California Water Commission. Alvarado has been San Jose director of SPUR since 2016. She was deputy administrative officer for the Santa Clara Valley Water District from 2011 to 2016 and executive director of the Hispanic Foundation of Silicon Valley from 2006 to 2009. Alvarado held multiple positions at the Pacific Gas and Electric Company, including charitable contributions program manager from 2005 to 2006 and governmental relations representative from 1999 to 2005. Alvarado earned a Master of Science degree in civil and environmental engineering from Tufts University. This position requires Senate confirmation and the compensation is $100 per diem. Alvarado is a Democrat.
More on The Californer
- Garcia & Artigliere File Suit Against Manor Care of Fountain Valley for Alleged Abuse
- What to Expect from myGEKOgear at CES 2020!
- 626 acquires the leading injector service solution provider in the Healthcare Technology Management space
- Governor and First Partner Induct 13th Class Into California Hall of Fame
- Cucamonga Valley Medical Group's compassionate care extends beyond patients, into community
Matthew Swanson, 51, of Turlock, has been appointed to the California Water Commission. Swanson has been president and chief executive officer at Associated Feed since 1998. This position requires Senate confirmation and the compensation is $100 per diem. Swanson is a Republican.
Phil Ginsburg, 52, of San Francisco, has been appointed to the California State Park and Recreation Commission. Ginsburg has been general manager of the San Francisco Recreation and Park Department since 2009. He was chief of staff in the Office of San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom from 2006 to 2008, director of the San Francisco Department of Human Resources from 2004 to 2006 and deputy city attorney in the San Francisco City Attorney's Office from 2000 to 2004. Ginsburg was an associate and partner at Carroll, Burdick and McDonough from 1993 to 2000. He earned a Juris Doctor degree from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law. This position requires Senate confirmation and the compensation is $100 per diem. Ginsburg is a Democrat.
Latest on The Californer
- Trans Actor Jesse Todd Tapped for Lead Role in Upcoming Film "Pink Moon"
- Helene Udy to Direct First Installment for Vendetta Vette (c) 2020
- BitVPN Assures Users of Data Privacy following Recent Accusations against TikTok
- Plump! Announced As The Winner Of The Create The Writers Room Initiative For Diverse Writers
- Zbones Discovers Additional Eardrums In Humans!
- Homocysteine Lyase Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric)
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 12.10.19
- San Francisco: Mental Health SF Legislation Approved Unanimously by Board of Supervisors
- Aldo Dinelli, Houston's Top Celebrity Jeweler - Talks Diamonds
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Announces Gun Buy-Back Event
- Don't neglect your overall health – advice from cosmetic surgeon Mitchell G. Cohen, MD
- Inland Products celebrates 30 years of manufacturing all-American Identification Tags
- Pierpoint Introduces Recruitment Resource Outsourcing (RRO) To Accelerate Recruitment Timeline
- Web Series "I Hear You" Screens In Front of A Celebrity Filled Audience
- Santia Deck Makes History; Signs Record Breaking Deal With Highly-Anticipated WFLA
- Saturn Vehicle Warranty Alternatives Available from autopom!
- Dbvisit Announces Release of Dbvisit Standby Snapshot
- Cum Tribute Social Network CumOnPrintedPics.COM Infrastructure Update
- AgCode Shakes Up Farm Management With Precision Operation Data
- Vitria's Chris Menier Named General Manager of Digital Transformation