"We need to treat gun violence like the crisis it is," said Governor Newsom. "We are past the tipping point. We need Washington to spare us the empty rhetoric, listen and take meaningful action. Lives are literally on the line.""Putting an end to the gun violence epidemic is not a Republican or Democratic issue, it is an American issue," reads the letter from the Governors. "Gun deaths do not have to be the norm. The time is now to break the cycle by enacting four common-sense measures."
More on The Californer
- Cavignac & Associates Employees Donate $25,000 Out of Their Own Paychecks to Local San Die
- North Carolina "We Buy Houses Cash" Company Reveals 30 Ways to Find Heavily Discounted, Off-Market Properties, Even in a Strong Market Like Today's
- Andrew Jones' January 11th auction will feature fine art from the collection of Gerard L. Cafesjian
- Online retailer of urban streetwear for men introduces new collection
- Jimmy Olang, From Less Than $20 and a Dream to One of The Fastest Growing Companies in Lehigh Valley
The Governors urged President Trump and Congress to pass sensible gun legislation including four policies supported by a majority of Americans:
- Pass Extreme Risk Protection Order legislation, commonly referred to as Red Flag laws, preventing individuals who pose a risk to themselves or others from purchasing or possessing a firearm; Pass universal background checks closing the private gun sales loophole; Outlaw assault weapons and high-capacity magazines; and; Establish stricter reporting requirements to prevent those deemed by a mental health professional to be a danger to themselves or others from purchasing a firearm.
Click here to read the full letter.
Latest on The Californer
- Robby Poblete Foundation and Vallejo Police to Hold Third Solano County Gun Buyback
- Innovaccer Joins the AWS Partner Network Global Startup Program
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Clients, Bryce Maddock and Jaspar Weir of TaskUs, on Winning the EY National Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Eltropy Takes Florida Credit Union Live to Enhance Communication During Mortgage Origination Proce
- Donna Markussen Releases Her New Women's Health Book, "Take Command of Your Total Health"
- CANCrocodile - Contactless CAN Bus, SAE J1939, FMS, OBD-II, And SAE J1708 Reader
- 12 Days Of Holiday Deals From Irwin Naturals
- Bootstrapped SaaS startup JustCall ranks 54th Fastest Growing Company on Deloitte's APAC Technology Fast 500
- "Rayvyn" Is Bringing The Heat During The Holiday Season
- SelecTech Goes FreeStyle with Installation at Durfee High School Renovation
- Successful Pageant Queen Turned Author & Ex Dash Doll Opens Up About Her Painful Past
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Quarterly "On the Record" Column to Reach Diverse Communities
- NADH Oxidase Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
- California Olive Oil Council Kicks Off "Why California?" Campaign In 2019 Harvest Season
- Auburn, CA Welcomes Chronic Tacos with a Soft Opening Celebration on Friday dec. 13
- OrgFrontier™ Peroxisome Isolation Kit
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Announces Holiday Fair at City Hall
- On the Record with Governor Newsom: One Year of California for All
- New SKB Bow Case Provides Twice the Protection in One Convenient Option
- 22k Expected to Attend Rock Church's 23rd Annual Toys for Joy Helping Underserved Families