- TVS Cipher Network Adds Lights Out,Foreign Intrigue,Science Fiction Theater to WatchYour.TV Platform
- TVS Nostalgia TV Network Adds My World and Welcome to It to Winter 2022 WatchYour.TV Schedule
- Cpics - A New Streaming Platform Dedicated to South Asian Content Announce Upcoming 2022 Activities
The celebration, which dates back to the early 1930's, will highlight California's diverse holiday traditions, native heritage and spirit of inclusion.
Performers for this year's celebrations will include program hosts Renel Brooks-Moon and Todd Leitz, announcers for the San Francisco Giants and Los Angeles Dodgers, respectively, as well as actress and singer Amber Riley, the Wilton Rancheria tribe, Oakland Interfaith Gospel Choir, SF Gay Men's Chorus, mariachi singer Pedrito Fregoso, and rising R&B singer-songwriter and Sacramento Area Youth Speaks Poet Danielle "Yelly" Scales.
"After months apart, we are grateful to once again have the opportunity to safely gather and honor the many traditions of California's diverse communities during the holiday season," said Governor Newsom. "Let us celebrate the spirit of strength, hope and resilience that resides within us all."
More on The Californer
- COVALT Concrete Floor Leveling, San Clemente
- Ethos Asset Management Inc., USA Announces Deal with Meat Alimentos e Servicos Ltda., Brazil to Expand 'General Prime Burger' Restaurants and Develop a New Brand in Brazil
- California: Governor Newsom Joins Vice President Harris to Highlight State-Federal Investments and Action to Build Wildfire Resilience
- A New Approach to Finding the Perfect Home
- RBB Bancorp Announces Completion of Acquisition of Certain Assets and Liabilities of the Honolulu, Hawaii Branch Office of Bank of the Orient
"The tree lighting ceremony is a beloved, time-honored tradition that offers us an opportunity to reflect on how far we've come as Californians," said First Partner Siebel Newsom. "It is also an opportunity to reinvigorate the spirit of 'me to we' and our shared commitment to one another — especially those in need — this holiday season and beyond."
The Governor and First Partner will light the State Capitol tree with special guest Hadiyyah Esmat. The six-year-old from Dublin, California was selected by the California Department of Developmental Services and the Regional Center of the East Bay, and will represent the more than 360,000 Californians living with intellectual and developmental disabilities. A first grader at John Green Elementary, Hadiyyah is very curious and loves to spend time in nature, enjoying activities like hiking and swimming. She loves to eat Afghan food, which her mother prepares at home during the holiday season. Family is most important to Hadiyyah, who will be joined at the Capitol by her mother, aunt, uncle, and cousin.
More on The Californer
- Trina Rockstarr "Diamond Princess" Apes into Metaverse with 456 Collectors Club
- ExecuSearch Holdings, LLC Data Breach Prompts Investigation into Possible Class Action Lawsuit
- Archer Appoints Mark Mesler as Chief Financial Officer
- New Talk Show Premiers on Chow Entertainment KXLA
- 1017 Brick Squad Records 2022 New Artist Acquisition
The 2021 State Capitol tree is a 65' tall white fir from the LaTour Demonstration State Forest located near Redding in Shasta County, which is managed by CAL FIRE. The tree will be illuminated by approximately 14,000 ultra-low wattage LED lights and is being decorated with more than 300 traditional ornaments and approximately 500 hand-crafted ornaments made by children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
What: 90th Annual California State Capitol Tree Lighting Ceremony
When: Thursday, December 2, 2021. Program begins at 5:30 p.m.
Livestream: The event will be livestreamed on the California Governor's Office YouTube, Twitter and Facebook accounts.
Broadcast: KCRA 3 will also broadcast this year's event in the Sacramento region.
**NOTE: TV stations will be able to carry the Governor's Office livestream.
Latest on The Californer
- BIS Research Study Highlights the Wiring Harnesses and Connectors for Electric Vehicles Market to Reach $22.87 billion by 2031
- A Cool Jazz Ballad that Contemplates the Nature of Consciousness; Octopuses
- Freedom Photonics Sets a New Milestone: auraTM 1550 nm Semiconductor Laser Amplifier Reaches >5.0 Watt Diffraction-Limited Output Power
- CASETiFY Collaborates with Peanuts to Introduce a Snoopy and Friends-Inspired Collection
- Businessman Ismail Sirdah Advertisement Strategies for Event Promotion
- How do a traveller opt Virgin America booking at low fare to hometown
- AHF Praises Merck for Generics – Urges Same from Vaccine Makers
- McAfee Continues to Provide Leading Online Protection to Consumers
- California: Governor Newsom Brings in State Support for Rail Theft in Los Angeles, Highlights State Efforts to Fight and Prevent Crime
- "Bliss Brain" Wins the Nautilus and American Book Fest Top Awards
- Insurance Association Launches 2022 Selling Medicare Insurance Video Package
- TEAMSTERS STAGE PRACTICE PICKET AT CEMEX
- Console & Associates, P.C. Investigates Class Action Lawsuit Following LendUS, LLC Data Breach
- ReoStar Energy Corporation Executes Letter of Intent (LOI) with an experienced oil and gas company
- CORRECTING and REPLACING PHOTO Open Influence Launches Go Prism Self-Serve SaaS Solution, an Innovative Influencer Marketing and Insights Tool for Social Media Marketers
- Yunishigawa Onsen's Kamakura Festival Features the Unique Northern Japan Winter Tradition: Kamakura or Snow Huts
- A New Social Network Based on Gratitude and Positivity
- Prophecy Raises $25M to Accelerate Availability of Its Low-Code Platform for Data Engineering
- Alten Construction completes modernization of Castro Valley High School
- We Are Reaching Out to Our Community in Los Angeles