Access is now closed to Belmont Veterans Memorial Pier, the El Dorado Nature Center and parking lots at City-owned parks and beaches through April 19 to prevent large groups of people from congregating in public spaces, in accordance with the latest clarification to the state's "Stay at Home" order and the City of Long Beach's "Safer at Home" order.
Additionally, gatherings of any size will be prohibited citywide as part of the updated order.
We are taking this next step because there are too many people ignoring social distancing while visiting our trails and beaches. You can still ride your bicycle, walk your dog or go for a run, but we're encouraging folks to avoid any type of gathering and to avoid groups of people. This is a health crisis and we must act now.
All residents must remain at home, with the following exceptions as long as social distancing of six feet or more is maintained:
More on The Californer
- Eewee Production's Skincare Donations For Healthcare Workers And New Meditations For COVID-19 Crisis
- Cloudera (CLDR) Alert: Johnson Fistel Launches Investigation into the Cloudera Acquisition of Hortonworks, Inc.; Hortonworks Investors Receiving Cloudera Shares Encouraged to Contact Firm
- Official Poster & Trailer for Alex Visani's STOMACH
- How do I fix Gmail Temporary bad Error 500
- Overview on what is Alaska airlines Flight Change Policy-Isupportnumber
- Travel to and from essential businesses. Travel to work at, or provide service to, a healthcare operation or essential infrastructure. Engage in essential activities such as going to the grocery store or a medical appointment. Exercise, jogging and other outdoor activities.
As previously announced, sports facilities at City-owned parks and beaches remain closed.
Residents living in parking impacted neighborhoods who have obtained special permits will still be allowed to park their vehicles at City-owned beach lots as a free alternative through April 30. Vehicles parking in a beach lot without a permit are subject to enforcement. Applications are still being accepted for free permits at the following beach parking lots:
More on The Californer
- Overview on what is Alaska airlines Flight Change Policy
- California: Governor Newsom Issues Executive Order to Expand Telehealth Services
- California: Governor Newsom Issues Executive Order to Protect Consumers from Price Gouging
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #44 - COVID-19 Mitigation and Response
- Michael S.Rodriguez's Last America Horror Show II gets a New Poster
- Granada, 5100 E. Ocean Blvd. Junipero, 2100 E. Ocean Blvd. Belmont, 3998 E. Allin St.
Interested residents can email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application.
Additionally, the closure of commercial properties and businesses listed under the City's order was expanded to include indoor and outdoor flea markets and swap meets.
The City would also like to make clear that the following businesses, among others, are deemed non-essential and must close under the Order:
- Gyms and fitness centers. Bars that do not serve food. Movie theaters and drive-in theaters. Live performance theaters, concert halls, arenas and stadiums. Bowling alleys and arcades. Wineries, breweries and taprooms that provide tastings.
As the City continues to navigate through this unprecedented public health crisis, we will continue to review the statewide order to ensure the City's compliance by amending our order accordingly.
The changes are at the direction of the Acting City Manager in accordance with the Emergency Powers granted to the City Manager through the Proclamation of Local Emergency.
Latest on The Californer
- Appreiz Employee Engagement Application Now Available for Free Trial on SAP® App Center
- Mahmood Khan Cracks ITUNES Australia Top Ten Charts
- TOMORROW: Governor Newsom to Provide Update on State's Emergency Actions to Protect Homeless Californians and Public from COVID-19
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #42 - COVID-19 Mitigation and Response
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 4.2.20
- California: Governor Newsom Statement on Death of Santa Rosa Police Detective
- Celiane The Voice Transcends Dimensions With Her Otherwordly Artistry!
- California: Governor Newsom Issues Executive Order Protecting Homes, Small Businesses from Water Shutoffs
- California: Governor Newsom Announces New Help for Small Businesses & Workers Displaced by COVID-19
- Dutch Hip-Hop Artist Odillia Releases Debut US Single "End of the World" Featuring Lil' Keed
- "Damned Deceptions" - If a Religious Belief Is Wrong, Is That Really a Problem?
- Eat Locally - Businesses Supporting Local Restaurants
- Local Nonprofit Receives Federal Grant for CA Newborn Hearing Screening Program
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #41 - COVID-19 Mitigation and Response
- TECH-GRO B-17 Boric Acid Spray now OMRI Certified
- Brushwood Media Group Is Pleased to Announce Film and TV Star, "Kim Aria Peterson"
- Franchise Times Welcomes Snell & Wilmer Partner Elizabeth Weldon Into the Legal Eagle Hall of Fame
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed and Board President Norman Yee Convene COVID-19 Economic Recovery Task Force
- Slim LED Light Box in 10mm,16mm and 20mm with 5 Years Warranty and Custom Sizes
- Class Claims LLC Announces Practice to Assist Businesses with Government Loans and Grants