I want to personally invite all of you to join me, the City Council, community leaders, and residents at the Grand Opening of the new Long Beach Civic Center, on Monday, July 29, at 6 PM.
The new Civic Center is located at 411 West Ocean Blvd. at Magnolia Ave.
This exciting and historic event has been many years in the making and is the perfect time to celebrate our city, our community, and our democracy. The new Civic Center - which includes City Hall and our Harbor Department's Administration Building - belongs to all of us and with its exceptional design, open plaza, and LEED Gold certification, it's the perfect home for our civic life.
The Grand Opening will include entertainment, food trucks, city department informational tables, and a flag-raising ceremony. Everyone will be invited to tour the new Port headquarters and the Bob Foster Civic Chambers.
More on The Californer
- Garcia & Artigliere File Suit Against Manor Care of Fountain Valley for Alleged Abuse
- What to Expect from myGEKOgear at CES 2020!
- 626 acquires the leading injector service solution provider in the Healthcare Technology Management space
- Governor and First Partner Induct 13th Class Into California Hall of Fame
- Cucamonga Valley Medical Group's compassionate care extends beyond patients, into community
These new buildings use state of the art technology, are seismically safe, and environmentally sustainable, with solar power and rain-water systems.
The Civic Center also includes a new, beautiful main library, which will open September 21st.
This project could not have been possible without the vision of my predecessor, Mayor Bob Foster, and I want to thank him for his hard work on this project. The Port of Long Beach has also been a crucial partner, and we thank the Port for their participation. My thanks as well to the City Council for supporting this project and working diligently to bring it to fruition. And finally, I want to acknowledge the successful public-private partnership with Plenary Edgemoor Civic Partners, who made these plans a reality.
The people of Long Beach deserve a Civic Center that reflects the progressive and inclusive values of our community. The new Civic Center is a great representation of who we are as a city. I hope you'll join me in celebrating not just our new Civic Center, but also the great City of Long Beach.
See you Monday July 29th!
Latest on The Californer
- Trans Actor Jesse Todd Tapped for Lead Role in Upcoming Film "Pink Moon"
- Helene Udy to Direct First Installment for Vendetta Vette (c) 2020
- BitVPN Assures Users of Data Privacy following Recent Accusations against TikTok
- Plump! Announced As The Winner Of The Create The Writers Room Initiative For Diverse Writers
- Zbones Discovers Additional Eardrums In Humans!
- Homocysteine Lyase Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric)
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 12.10.19
- San Francisco: Mental Health SF Legislation Approved Unanimously by Board of Supervisors
- Aldo Dinelli, Houston's Top Celebrity Jeweler - Talks Diamonds
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Announces Gun Buy-Back Event
- Don't neglect your overall health – advice from cosmetic surgeon Mitchell G. Cohen, MD
- Inland Products celebrates 30 years of manufacturing all-American Identification Tags
- Pierpoint Introduces Recruitment Resource Outsourcing (RRO) To Accelerate Recruitment Timeline
- Web Series "I Hear You" Screens In Front of A Celebrity Filled Audience
- Santia Deck Makes History; Signs Record Breaking Deal With Highly-Anticipated WFLA
- Saturn Vehicle Warranty Alternatives Available from autopom!
- Dbvisit Announces Release of Dbvisit Standby Snapshot
- Cum Tribute Social Network CumOnPrintedPics.COM Infrastructure Update
- AgCode Shakes Up Farm Management With Precision Operation Data
- Vitria's Chris Menier Named General Manager of Digital Transformation