"From the beginning of the federal investigation into San Francisco Public Works, I have said that nothing matters more than restoring public trust in government. I am committed to doing the work to strengthen oversight and accountability in all our departments to prevent future wrongdoing and corruption.
Starting today, we will immediately take action to begin implementing the reforms recommended by the City Attorney and Controller. If we can take Executive action, we will do so immediately. If we need to pass laws, we will work with the Board of Supervisors to do so. To that end, I am rescinding the delegation of authority that was granted to the Director of Public Works in 2011 relating to various approval and contracting actions, as recommended in this initial report. I know these are the first in a series of recommendations, and we need to continue to identify problematic issues that erode public trust across our city. We have work to do, but we will do that work. Our residents and City workers deserve nothing less.
More on The Californer
- Covid-19 Distance Learning Opens Door for Remedial Services to Students with ADHD
- How To Find The Top Hair Websites Online?
- Help-A-Reporter-Out (HARO) Founder, Peter Shankman, Talks Risk-Taking on "Confidence Connection"
- myGEKOgear Releases the Smart Hardwire Kit to Easily Have your Dash Cam Connected 24/7
- San Francisco Continues to Pause Reopening for Most Activities and Businesses
I want to thank the City Attorney and Controller for their work on these important reforms, which is a critical step to restoring the public trust. They have done this even as their offices have been integral in helping to meet the challenges facing our city during the COVID-19 pandemic."
Latest on The Californer
- Routes Gallery moves from original San Anselmo location to downtown San Rafael
- New ezW2Correction Software Offers Service Industries A Better Alternative To Print Corrected Form
- EVERGREEN IS THE BLOOD from Polestar Studios Stars Dawna Lee Heising, John Reign and Aki Aleong
- Deep learning enables early detection and classification of live bacteria using holography
- 4x4 Wigs New Arrival Hair Wigs In Julia Hair
- Rheumatoid Factor Solution from Molecular Depot
- RIPA Lysis and Extraction Buffer
- We Want To Believe Episode 3 The Demon Jar Now Showing
- Meeschell Raises the Bar for Women Entrepreneurs!
- Viola Rouge gives hand sanitizer to health care workers, first responders and teachers
- How to Buy Health Insurance Now
- California: Ahead of Peak Fire Season, Governor Newsom Announces More Firefighting Support Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- Medicare Supplement Insurance Pricing Resource Unveiled By Association
- Rexford Industrial Appoints Laura Clark As Chief Financial Officer
- Trina Johnson; Bay Area's Best Land Rover Girl Just Got A New Location
- New Partner at Itero Group Signals Continued Growth
- Super Lawyers Recognizes Twenty-One Trucker Huss Attorneys in 2020
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Announces the Flexible Housing Subsidy Pool to Transition Hundreds of Vulnerable Homeless Residents into Permanent Housing
- Travel + Leisure Readers give San Miguel De Allende a reason to Celebrate as it ranks in World's Best Awards
- Super Lawyers Recognizes Twenty One Trucker Huss Attorneys in 2020