AHSC awards encourage the construction of affordable housing and infrastructure improvements that will reduce greenhouse gas emissions and help more people live close to transportation, jobs, grocery stores, health care facilities, and critical services.
In San José, the awards will support the construction of 86 transit-oriented, affordable apartments in the Market-Almaden community, and 69 transit-oriented, affordable units in the Roosevelt Park community. These new affordable homes will be within walking and biking distance of public transit, making it convenient and affordable for residents to move around the City without having to drive.
More on The Californer
- Home Sweet Home: National Adoption Awareness Month Event
- California: Governor Newsom Issues Executive Order to Support Communities Recovering from Ridgecrest Earthquakes
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 10.18.19
- California: Governor Newsom Grants Executive Clemency 10.18.19
- Opening Reception Friday, November 8, 2019, 6-8pm
San José earned two of the seven AHSC awards given to Bay Area cities. Additionally, these two San José developments won 22 percent of the statewide AHSC funds given to transit-oriented projects.
Of the $31.5 million coming to San José, nearly $21.5 million will help fund housing construction. Approximately $10 million will fund local transportation improvements. This includes $4 million for VTA to purchase new electric buses, and approximately $6 million for the City to build new and protected bikeways, make pedestrian crossing safety improvements, and add tree and landscaping to urban areas.
Latest on The Californer
- Elite Productions International Is Named 50 Top Event Company Of 2019
- Bosco Tech Open House is November 17
- RedLine Athletics Announces the Grand Opening for its Arlington Cooper, Texas Location
- Evolve IP Named for Third Consecutive Year To Gartner's 2019 Magic Quadrant for Contact Center as a Service, North America
- After We Leave Tipped to be Breakout Film at Berlin Festival
- Lucd Partners with AI Satellitez to improve customer experience for model creation in the Enterprise
- Harley Wallen's Eternal Code stars Scout Taylor-Compton, Richard Tyson, Billy Wirth, Mel Novak, Ka
- SFA Therapeutics, Inc. To Present At Bio Investors Forum
- Beaumont Area Company Bundles Home Inspection and Termite Inspection
- Braeden Lichti: Investing in Anti-Aging and Rejuvenation Biotechnology
- One For Victory Acquires Elite Leather Brand And Reclaims A Family Heirloom
- California: TOMORROW: Governor Newsom to Deliver Remarks at CSU Graduation Initiative 2025 Symposium
- Just Outsourcing Releases Scariest Update Ever With New Content Generation Tricks And Treats
- New Rock Jockey Pro Bundle includes Abaco Little Giant Automatic Stone Lifter ALG50A
- Network Time Foundation Joins Open Source Initiative
- MC Companies Prescribes Happy and Healthy Lifestyles To Employees And Residents
- Emery Pharma and CP Lab Safety Exhibiting at the 2019 AAPS Annual Meeting in San Antonio, Texas
- PixelMill President Takes First Place at Microsoft's Developer Kitchen in Redmond
- Introducing Prospect Financial Group's Top Loan Officer for Quarter 3, 2019
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Release of Nation's First Statewide Earthquake Early Warning System