AHSC awards encourage the construction of affordable housing and infrastructure improvements that will reduce greenhouse gas emissions and help more people live close to transportation, jobs, grocery stores, health care facilities, and critical services.
In San José, the awards will support the construction of 86 transit-oriented, affordable apartments in the Market-Almaden community, and 69 transit-oriented, affordable units in the Roosevelt Park community. These new affordable homes will be within walking and biking distance of public transit, making it convenient and affordable for residents to move around the City without having to drive.
More on The Californer
- How Searching for Resources During Life Struggles Empowers you to Live Full Out
- Hanley Investment Group Arranges $4.1M Sale of Four-Tenant Shop Building Shadow-Anchored by Sprouts
- EYLA supports Kultivate Labs, joins UNDISCOVERED SF today
- Freedom Motors partners with Alife Air to manufacture Rotapower engines for 2 wheelers
- Intelliloan Named LendingTree Top Ten Lender For Q2 2019
San José earned two of the seven AHSC awards given to Bay Area cities. Additionally, these two San José developments won 22 percent of the statewide AHSC funds given to transit-oriented projects.
Of the $31.5 million coming to San José, nearly $21.5 million will help fund housing construction. Approximately $10 million will fund local transportation improvements. This includes $4 million for VTA to purchase new electric buses, and approximately $6 million for the City to build new and protected bikeways, make pedestrian crossing safety improvements, and add tree and landscaping to urban areas.
Latest on The Californer
- ACE1 Colorimetric Activity Assay Kit
- THE COPELAND KIDS by Cecilia Copeland wins Queen Supreme Best Feature Script at The Queen Palm Int. Film Festival Annual Screening and Awards
- mFood Vendor App Release for iOS and Android
- Bella Threading Studio Now Open at The Collection
- UVify wins Silver in the 2019 National AI Challenge
- Masters Hall of Fame Announces Entertainment for 20th Anniversary
- Dharma Platform Partners with Childfund International, Using Real-Time Data to Enhance Outreach to Vulnerable Populations
- Powerful New Book 'Love Loss Light' Speaks to Those in Grief
- CannaBiz Invest Asia Draws Global Medical & Industrial Cannabis Industry Players to Bangkok
- Sizzling Summer Soundtrack that Shines Rays of Positivity
- MiaSolé Achieves Flexible Substrate Thin-Film Solar Cell Efficiency of 20.56 Percent
- ENDALGO Launches LA Pickup Soccer Community Platform
- MERGE4 Collaborates with Gene Simmons
- ACE1 Inhibitor Screening Kit (Colorimetric)
- Gabrielle Stone To Guest On The Jimmy Star Show With Ron Russell Wednesday July 24, 2019
- REAL Trends + Tom Ferry Announce 2019 America's Best Real Estate Agents List Seventh Annual Real Estate Ranking
- Commentary By Anh LÊ: Congresswomen Of Color Belong In The House
- Ventura County Public Works Agency Announces 2019 Employee of the Year Winners
- San Jose: IHO Outreach Session - Open Public Meeting
- Harmony Grove Recovery Rehab Center Grand Opening!