- Cal State LA continues remarkable climb in U.S. News & World Report rankings
- For National Small Business Week: Some very Essential Advertising Math Every Business Needs to Know
- Hip Hop Recording Artist Dukk Drops New September Music Release
To add insult to injury, the persons who filed the claim were two business savvy individuals that Nye trusted—Amy Hsiao and Lihue (Kitti) Lo of Newport, California, who were investors in the Sentinel Restaurant Group-Hendrix Restaurant Group (Sentinel). Hsiao and Lo are multi-millionaires who allegedly kept the $150,000 PPP loans either for themselves or other entities in which they hold leadership positions as officers of the companies. The fraudulent claim prevented Sentinel from filing for legitimate PPP loans for his restaurants closed for the pandemic and caused the group to lose a major investment deal.
More on The Californer
- California: Newsom Administration Awards Nearly $138 Million in Fire Prevention Grants to Build Resilience in Local Communities
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 9.15.21
- Kobe Bryant Inspired KB24 NFT Art on Course to Raise Millions for Foundation
- Welcoming President Biden to Long Beach
- California: Governor Newsom Highlights New In-Person Student Rates, Nation-Leading School Safety & Prevention Efforts
Sentinel has retained renowned Orange County attorney, Edward Susolik, who has handled many high-profile cases over the years and whose law firm has the largest jury verdict in Orange County history, to lead their fight in this case. "While most cases are not as brazen and egregious as this one, there is a significant PPP and EDD out there."
The lawsuit was originally filed with the Orange County Superior Court. The three-day final arbitration hearing is set to begin on October 27, 2021.
Defendants Hsiao, the Senior Vice President of LogicLink, Inc., and under the umbrella of the same group of companies including Logic Solutions that has many fortune 500 companies that are clients including many hotel, casino, and technology companies that are heavily regulated, and Lo, the Chairman of Orange County based Manhattan Hotel Group, LLC and the President of MHG Capital, a hotel investment and operating company founded in 2012 that has transacted more than $500 million in select and full-service hotels comprised of more than 2000 rooms, compelled arbitration.
More on The Californer
- San Jose: Media Advisory: Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony at Solari Park to Commemorate New Playground
- San Jose: Media Advisory: Viva CalleSJ is Back to Activate the Streets and Create the City's Largest Park
- MG Facility Services Awarded $30 Million, Multi-Year Contract With The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Michelle Danner's "The Runner" to screen at Catalina Film Festival
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #178 - COVID-19 Response and Recovery
According to a recent congressional investigation, there has been well in excess of $1 Billion in falsified PPP loan applications in the U.S. since the beginning of the pandemic. The Department of Justice and other agencies have prioritized the prosecution of fraud arising from the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) created by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
Case number 30-2020-01176078-CU-FR-CJC was filed in the Orange County Superior Court.
Contact: [email protected]
SOURCE Sentinel Hospitality
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- Global Sandalwood Oil Market to Reach $149.1 Million by 2026
- Creating Art During The Pandemic Artist Cynthia Warden Launches Original Art Series Featuring Events Of 2020 and Beyond
- STEMconnector, Million Women Mentors and Olay: Face the STEM Gap Role Model Event September 15, 2021
- Latino Author Wants Better Representation of Latino and Hispanic Creatives Beyond Hispanic Heritage Month
- What Does Post-Traumatic Thriving Look Like?
- EdTech Startup Builds on Early Traction in Remote Proctoring with New Crowdfunding Round
- Shero Comics' Rayven Choi Graphic Novel Series Will Take Final Bow on National Comic Book Day
- What are the Safety Measures to fly with Copa Airlines
- Speck Unveils Line of MagSafe Compatible Cases and Accessories for all New Apple Devices
- ELEVATE (ELEctric Vehicle AdapTEr) adds Demand Response to any Electric Vehicle charger
- SCHURTER continues revamp of EMC filters with flagship FMBD EP for 3-phase power systems and machine
- BCVWD Named One of the Best Places to Work in the Country
- New Classical Music Show Plays Only the Classical Music Great's Symphonies
- The 5-Star Reviews Keep Coming for "Shadows in Light"
- Voices of Silicon Valley conductor is selected Grammys member
- TOArts' AccessArts Program announces $50,000 available to support arts education in Ventura
- With Market Size Valued at $618.7 Billion by 2026, it`s a Healthy Outlook for the Global Photovoltaics Market
- Exclusionary Vehicle Coverage from autopom! Is As Close To New Car Coverage As You Can Get
- Kairos Strategy Group Announces Commitment to Global Efforts Advocating for Cybersecurity Best Practices during Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- SONSON® Launches New Bow Tie Collection Celebrating Creatives and Trailblazers: "EXCELLENCE"