- Goat Anti-Mouse IgG1 Fab Fragment Cyanine 3 Conjugate
- Gambian Films Earn Prestigious Selection at Ohio Valley Festival for Filmmakers of Color
- Wells Fargo Investment Institute Believes 2024 is a Pivotal Year for the Economy and Markets
At a welcome reception hosted by San Francisco Mayor London Breed, Governor Newsom addressed the 21 APEC member economies, saying "California is America's gateway to the Asia-Pacific – we're a state of dreamers and doers, entrepreneurs and innovators. We don't tolerate our diversity, we celebrate our diversity – that's our strength: it's central to who we are as Californians. We're proud to welcome the 21 APEC member economies so we can work to achieve a better, more prosperous future for all — that's the California Way."
Throughout the week, Governor Newsom met with leaders from Australia, Canada, Singapore, the United Kingdom and Vietnam. During his meeting with Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese and The Honorable Dr. Kevin Rudd AC, Australia's Ambassador to the United States, they adopted a work plan for the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed by California and Australia earlier this year. With Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau they discussed progress made on their climate partnership launched last year. With Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong they discussed advancing bilateral relations including on trade, economic development and climate cooperation. With UK Secretary of State for Business and Trade Kemi Badenoch they discussed climate cooperation, trade relationship and economic cooperation as well as artificial intelligence. Finally with Vietnamese President Vo Van Thuong they worked to advance bilateral relations and strengthen cultural ties.
More on The Californer
- Governor Newsom Highlights Funding for Climate Change Resiliency Projects Across California
- The Major Hope Foundation Brings 'A Major Day of Hope To Los Angeles'
- Blue Ridge Bankshares, Inc. (BRBS) Investor Notice: Robbins LLP Reminds Shareholders of Class Action Filed Against Blue Ridge Bankshares, Inc.
- California Gets $70 Million in Federal Funding to Accelerate Salton Sea Restoration
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 12.8.23
On Wednesday Governor Newsom addressed the APEC CEO Summit – one of the most influential gatherings of business and government leaders from the Asia-Pacific region - at a fireside chat entitled "Leading with Vision: How APEC Government, Local and Business Leaders Can Drive the Change We Need" where he shared how California has turned challenges of climate crisis into opportunities that have helped grow their economy while creating good paying jobs.
The Newsom Administration also advanced their commitment to zero-emission port activities during this week at APEC by developing additional partnerships along vital trade corridors that power global economy with foreign dignitaries and leaders of major seaports present at this summit.
The Governor concluded his remarks saying "We are proud to be part of this important gathering here in San Francisco – it is an honor to join you in advancing our shared goals for a better future for all."
Latest on The Californer
- Arcellx Announces Continued Robust Long-Term Responses from Its CART-ddBCMA (anito-cel) Phase 1 Expansion Trial in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Multiple Myeloma at ASH
- Feast of the Seven Fishes at Cibo Modern Mediterranean
- California: Governor Newsom Reaffirms Support for Updated Delta Conveyance Proposal
- Emory Healthcare Network and Peachtree Immediate Care continue collaboration, sign new long-term agreement
- On behalf of the At Your Service Plumbing Club Members, we have donated to The Salvation Army and Families Network Unlimited this Holiday Season
- Entry Deadline is January 12 for California Strawberry Festival Artwork Contest
- 1H-Benzotriazol-1-yloxytripyrrolidinophosphonium Hexafluorophosphate (Highly Pure)
- Open Networking & Edge Summit 2024 in Silicon Valley Extends CFP Deadline to December 17 and releases 2024 Ecosystem Predictions
- California Community College Expands with 17-Device Order
- Operation Bullpen Stan Fitzgerald hits back on political persecution with "The Fall of Deceit" now available for purchase
- Neberon Heated Gloves: Your Best Winter Companion for Christmas
- Joby, ANA Holdings Partner with Nomura Real Estate Development for Vertiports in Japan
- Zero Upfront Fee Website- Thinking About Starting A Business?
- Penny S. Tee, MBA: A Beacon of Peace Amidst Conflict
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 12.7.23
- Habitat EJC Assembles National Team for Permanently Affordable Community
- State Marks 100+ Water System Consolidations, Providing Safe Drinking Water for 90,000 Californians
- Chaos Loc Releases New Album "Life After Super Max"
- Joel Osman is Promoted to Partner at Parker Shaffie LLP
- Scott Cooper Miami Project Announces New Scholarship Winner: Aban Khan