- Melekel translates an inheritance from a distant past in new album titled Ancient Legacy
- Insure.com Names the Best Auto, Home, Life and Health Insurance Companies for 2023
- Justine Kelly Joins Jenny Craig as Executive Chef and Vice President of Culinary Strategy
Laura Capps, 50, of Santa Barbara, has been appointed Supervisor for the 2nd District of the Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors, where she was elected to serve for a four-year term starting January 10, 2023. Capps has been a Strategic Communications and Public Affairs Consultant with Capstone since 2013. She was a Member of the Santa Barbara Unified School District Board of Trustees from 2016 to 2022. Capps was Communications Director on the Alliance for Climate Protection from 2009 to 2010 and Senior Vice President for Communications and Government Affairs for the Ocean Conservancy from 2007 to 2009. Capps was Communications Director for U.S. Senator Edward Kennedy and Iowa Communications Director and Western Communications Director for John Kerry for President from 2003 to 2004. She was a Speechwriter for President Clinton and Assistant to George Stephanopoulos at the White House from 1995 to 1998. Capps earned a Master of Science degree in International History from the London School of Economics and Political Science. This position does not require Senate confirmation. Capps is a Democrat.
More on The Californer
- Two Long Beach COVID-19 Testing and Vaccine Clinics to Relocate and Expand Operations
- Moorpark College to Launch Bachelor's Degree in Applied Biomanufacturing
- LA County Launches Fair Chance Hiring Program to Give System-Impacted Individuals an Equal Chance at Employment
- Workforce Development Board of Ventura County Invites Public Comments On Regional And Local Plans
- SUNCITY ADVISING Selected To Be A Part Of Google Ads Planning Advisory Council
Latest on The Californer
- San Jose: Media Advisory: Council District 2 Kicks Off the New Year with Two Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies
- Santa Cruz County Republican Central Committee Strengthens Its Leadership
- JG Wentworth Adds Priyank Singh as Chief Technology Officer
- Long Beach: Dana Neighborhood Library to Reopen In-Person Services on Saturdays Beginning February 4
- LiveOne Launches All-Stars Talent Competition Series, Starting March 31, 2023
- From Jewelry to Special Cards, ShopEnglish has everything you need to show your love! Shop now and get the perfect gift for your special someone!
- Axiomtek launches New Smart Display Module Large - SDM510L
- Pasternack Launches New Waveguide Horn Antennas
- The Town Of Sun Village California Makes History As The First Black Tribal Township In North America
- CBB Bancorp Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend of $.08 per Share
- OnDemandChina Connects North American Audiences to Top Chinese Content
- Grant Cardone is a Scientologist - What do they believe?
- Flawless Torres ft. Diamonique x Sean Kingston Releases "Lets Go" on 1/27/23!
- fuseproject Expands Internationally with the Launch of fusedigital, an All New Agency Division Dedicated to Delivering Innovative, Digital-first Experiences USA - English USA - English
- SecureAuth Closes 2022 with Exciting Momentum as Customer Adoption Soars for Passwordless Continuous Authentication
- We're In Paris Is Sidow Sobrino's Newly Released Song and Video
- How we organized a meetup for DevOps engineers
- J:COM Deploys Qwilt's Open Caching Solution to Deliver Superior Digital Experiences Across Japan
- Pine Creek Care Center Responds to Verdict in Rios Suit; Defends Care Provided
- Nautilus Launches "Dr. Prune" Caffeinated Prune Juice