- Celebrate Earth Day on a wine-filled adventure along the Shawangunk Wine Trail!
- California: State Reaffirms Right to Contraceptive Care
- Multi-Platinum Songwriter Harold Payne Releases New Inspirational Anthem
"The housing and homelessness crisis is the number one issue facing our state, and Secretary Moss brings decades of deep knowledge and experience working to move the needle on this challenge in the public and nonprofit sectors," said Governor Newsom. "I look forward to her partnership in continuing to implement California's transformative solutions on these and other priorities for our state."
Moss is a resident of Oakland, California. She has been Founder and CEO of All Home since 2019, CEO of Hamilton Families from 2017 to 2019, Chief of Staff in the Oakland Mayor's Office from 2015 to 2017, Executive Director of HOPE SF within the San Francisco Mayor's Office from 2013 to 2015, and Board President of the Non-Profit Housing Association of Northern California. She holds a Master of Public Administration degree from Golden Gate University and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and Government from Ohio Wesleyan University. This position requires Senate confirmation with a compensation rate set at $232,858. Moss is a Democrat.
More on The Californer
- TERRASHADE® Receives Patent Approval for Innovative Portable Shade Structure
- California: Governor Newsom Honors Three Law Enforcement Officers With Medal of Valor
- Veracyte's Decipher Prostate Test Receives Highest Evidence-Level Rating Among Molecular Tests in Updated Prostate Cancer NCCN Guidelines
- ENTOUCH Awarded Prestigious Recognition in Inc. Regionals Southwest 2024
- Viking Therapeutics Announces Proposed Public Offering of Common Stock
In addition to Moss' appointment, Governor Newsom also appointed Chika Sunquist as Commissioner at the California Department of Real Estate; Francisco Robles as Chief Deputy Director at the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control; and David Garcia as a member on the Civil Rights Council.
Sunquist is an Elk Grove resident who has been Assistant Commissioner for Enforcement at the Department since 2020 with roles ranging from Supervising Special Investigator to Deputy Commissioner since 2006. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Languages & Linguistics from Georgetown University with a compensation rate set at $180,288. Sunquist is registered without party preference.
Robles is a Lakewood resident who has been Deputy Division Chief for Southern Division at Department since 2021 with roles ranging from Supervising Agent in Charge to Investigator/Agent since 1998. He holds a Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice from California State University Los Angeles with no Senate confirmation required for this position with compensation rate set at $180,696. Robles is a Democrat.
More on The Californer
- Omar L. Harris: Leading the Charge for a New Era of J.E.D.I Leadership, Inducted into Kirkus Reviews Indie Books of the Month and More
- The Law Office of Rene Potter Sues Owner of San Diego Martial Arts Dojo Alleging Years Long Sexual Abuse of Student/Employee Starting When She Was a Minor
- TVS Pinball Network Adds Over 100 Classic Cartoons to 24/7 Streaming FAST Channel on WatchYour.TV
- Visionary entrepreneur and technology leader, João Mendes de Miranda, reveals his secret to success
- California Seizes Record 62,000 Pounds of Fentanyl
Garcia is Pasadena resident who has been Senior Staff Attorney at Inner City Law Center since 2023 with roles ranging from Staff Attorney for Housing Rights Center to Director & Senior Attorney for Edison International/Southern California Edison Company since 1997; Assistant U.S Attorney for U.S Attorney Office Central District Of California 1990-1997; Deputy District Attorney Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office 1986-1990; He holds Juris Doctor degree from UCLA School Of Law; Master Of Business Administration Degree From Pepperdine University; Bachelor Of Science Degree In Criminal Justice From Cal State LA With compensation rate set at $100 per diem requiring Senate confirmation Garcia is also registered as Democrat
Latest on The Californer
- MashUp presents 8th Annual International Women's Day Dance Festival
- Rocky Michaels releases his latest official music video, 'Seasons'
- City Encourages Long Beach Residents Enrolled in the U.S. Affordable Connectivity Program to Review Internet Bill as Program Funding Nears Completion
- Yours Humanly to Hold 7th Annual Gift of Schooling Gala, March 9, Blackhawk Museum
- Cal Lutheran Professor Named Inaugural Faculty Fellow
- TriCo Bancshares Announces Increase in Quarterly Cash Dividend
- City of Long Beach Launches Sidewalk to Success Program to Support Business Development
- Landis+Gyr and SPAN Announce Partnership to Unlock Electrification and DER Flexibility at the Grid Edge USA - English USA - English
- City to Host, Fund 2024 Long Beach Pride Parade
- Star Wars' The Mandalorian & Grogu to be Filmed in California Through the State's Film and TV Tax Credit Program
- California Sees Significant Increase in Applications to Join CHP
- Salem News Channel Host Mike Gallagher to Broadcast from Israel
- Vantiva Demonstrates One of the First Carrier-Grade Wi-Fi 7 Extenders and Advanced 5G FWA CPE at Mobile World Congress 2024
- Metro Commercial Brokers Deal Brings Puttshack to The Shops at Liberty Place
- Flourish Ventures Promotes Investment Leads in India and LatAm; Strengthens Bench in US and Africa with New Hires USA - English MEXICO - Spanish India - Hindi BRAZIL - Portuguese USA - English
- "LIBERTYLAND" Echoes January 6 in a Gripping Tale of Terror and the Quest for American Ideals
- CCHR and Electroshock Survivors Reject Psychiatric Apology for Tortured Children
- B. Riley Securities to Host Radiopharma Investor Conference in New York on March 1, 2024
- Legion Partners Sends Letter to Twilio Board of Directors
- Meredith Thomas Selected as Master of Ceremonies for International Women's Day Gala for 2024