- Atrium Raises $13.5 Million to Revolutionize Data-Driven Sales Management
- Pfizer Donating 1 Million Naloxone Doses to Direct Relief for Life-Saving Opioid Overdose Reversal
- #1 Billboard Jazz Artist Ski Johnson to Release 10th Studio Album and Tell All Movie
"Just got off the phone with President Trump who has approved our Major Disaster Declaration request. Grateful for his quick response," said Governor Newsom.
A Presidential Major Disaster Declaration helps people in the impacted counties through eligibility for support including crisis counseling, housing and unemployment assistance and legal services. It also provides federal assistance to help state, tribal and local governments fund emergency response, recovery and protective measures.
California previously secured a Presidential Major Disaster Declaration to bolster the state's emergency response to the Northern California wildfires as well as Fire Management Assistance Grants from the Federal Emergency Management Agency to support the state's ongoing response to fires burning across the state. Governor Newsom has declared a statewide emergency due to the widespread fires and extreme weather conditions and signed an executive order to streamline recovery efforts in communities impacted by the devastating fires. The Governor last month signed a package of bills to improve the state's emergency preparedness and response efforts, support wildfire survivors and safeguard communities in high fire hazard areas.
More on The Californer
- BRS Media's dotFM Is the First Premier Top-Level Domain Registry to Accept Dogecoin
- Beer Dispenser Market To Register 3.6% CAGR By 2028 Based On Shift Of Consumer Preference Towards Staying Indoors During the COVID-19 Pandemic Situation | Million Insights
- Absortech breaks new sustainable ground
- Housing Is A Human Right Hails Withdrawal of Dr. Drew's Nomination to LAHSA Panel
- YMS Services Remains Dedicated to Providing Top-Rated Locksmith Services to the LA Community
With another dangerous wildfire season underway amid the ongoing pandemic, the state is hiring 858 more firefighters and six California Conservation Corps crews to bolster firefighting support. California has taken major action and made critical investments to fortify wildfire preparedness and response capabilities since the Governor took office. CAL FIRE completed the last of its 35 emergency fuels management projects in May, making 90,000 acres safer ahead of wildfire season and protecting 200 vulnerable communities.
Major investments include augmenting the CAL FIRE air fleet with new FIREHAWK S-70i helicopters and C-130 airplanes, and bolstering firefighting surge capacity and pre-positioning capabilities. The state also launched an Innovation Procurement Sprint to develop early warning technologies and place fire detection cameras across the state. This year's budget included $85.6 million in new, ongoing dollars to fund permanent firefighting positions, and continues the funding for CAL FIRE to procure innovative technology that allows us to model fire behavior.
More on The Californer
- Newegg Shoppers Can Now Pay with Dogecoin
- Long Beach: Over 50%
- Columbus Software Engineering Division Appraised at CMMI Level 3
- BYD and SMART Union Applaud Biden Administration Plan to Build Back Better
- Dahua Technology Releases Lineup of 2-wire IP Video Intercom Products
Latest on The Californer
- Customersatisfaction.com Celebrates Customer Service Heroes
- Sandline Welcomes Trusted Forensic Expert & Advisor Robert B. Fried
- The Imprint Wins Impact In Journalism Award For Investigation Into Abusive Residential Facilities
- Children's author releases first book in the Nick series
- HomeCentris Healthcare Announces Expansion into Pennsylvania
- REVOLVE Launches REVOLVE for the World, A Mission-Driven Initiative Focused on a More Sustainable & Inclusive Future
- UrsaLeo CEO John Burton to Present at Energy Tech Summit 2021 Automation & AI Summit
- Overcoming Dental Anxiety: How Dental Office Design is Changing Public Perception About Dentists
- Sequire Cannabis Conference Goes Live on 4/20 With Industry Experts
- Finger Splint Market Size Poised To Expand At 5.6% CAGR By 2028, Owing To Rising Awareness About Different Fracture Management Products | Million Insights
- Veyond Metaverse Announces New Advisory Board Members
- Valor Compounding Pharmacy™ Founder & CEO Rick Niemi Interviewed about Pioneering a New Path in Pharmacy
- COVID-19 Concerns Leads to Cancellation of the In-Person Point Loma Summer Concert
- Steve Muehler – Debt Capital Markets expands to include "Equipment Trust Certificates"
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Announces it is Investigating Claims Against AppLovin Corporation and Encourages Investors with Losses to Contact the Firm
- Original Blue Line Car Returns to Long Beach
- Single Operated Newsletter – Sell Me This Pen!
- Streptavidin Magnetic Beads (High Specificity)
- Carboxylated Magnetic Beads (5% solid)
- B Martin Launches "Purpose Driven Artists" Record Label To Create Songs That Heal