- Leonardo Defense Systems receives new investment and expands Team
- Unveiling Puptqe: First-Ever Dog Bar Opening in Temecula Promenade This November
- Latest 8x8 Research Reveals IT and Contact Center Leaders Embrace Conversational AI or Fear Falling Behind
Grant Oliphant, Chief Executive Officer of The Conrad Prebys Foundation said: "We believe that the future of San Diego – and for that matter, of our country and planet – hinges on our collective capacity to create a community and world in which all of us are genuinely valued, needed, and affirmed. The Leaders In Belonging initiative will lift up the dedicated but often undercelebrated heroes in our community who make that their mission every day. That type of leadership exists all across the greater San Diego region, and we believe it deserves to be supported and celebrated."
More on The Californer
- AHF Honors and Remembers Senator Dianne Feinstein
- Save the Date! Long Beach to Host Festive Street Parade in Celebration of Día de Los Muertos
- TVS Flashback Network Adds Love American Style, Operation Petticoat, and Murphy Brown to Fall Sked
- IEI Releases AFL4-EHL Series Panel PC to Provide Versatile, Cost-effective Solutions
- AETH and BTOP, Two First-of-their-Kind Ethereum Futures ETFs From Bitwise, Intend to Launch October 2
The foundation hopes to be guided by these leaders who are shaping the narrative around the type of leadership needed to meet the challenges of the next decade. Additionally, this initiative will help connect them to a larger network of community expertise and knowledge.
Kaberi Banerjee Murthy, Chief Impact Officer at The Conrad Prebys Foundation said: "We know true leaders are going above and beyond their job description to address the challenges they see. We want to extend this as a thank you for all the unseen (and often unpaid) labor that has gone into identifying and naming unjust systems, creating actionable solutions and plans to build belonging, and galvanizing the community and ecosystem around them."
The Leaders In Belonging award will be conferred for past achievements in supporting belonging with funds going directly to recipients for use as they see fit. Nominators from across San Diego will submit recommendations for this inaugural class through June with awardees announced in Fall 2023.
The Conrad Prebys Foundation is dedicated to helping create an inclusive future for all San Diegans by investing in these leaders who are working towards transforming structural marginalization and inequity across its program areas and issue areas. By celebrating these leaders' efforts they hope it will further grow their networks while contributing towards a more connected region overall.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- AMAZON TEAMSTERS PICKET TWO L.A. WAREHOUSES OVER UNFAIR LABOR PRACTICES
- California: Governor Newsom on the Passing of U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein
- Mission Cloud Named to 2023 Best Workplaces in Technology List
- Bitwise Files Form 8-As for Two New Ethereum Futures ETFs, AETH and BTOP; Funds Intend To Begin Trading on Monday, October 2
- Step Up Announces Return of Inspiration Awards
- Global Luxury Value Exchange, Idoneus, Transitions to 100% IDON Transactions
- Swiss-Based Enclustra Announces US Operations in San Diego to Realize the Full Potential of Embedded Chip Technologies
- Faraday Future Announces its Outline for October FF 91 2.0 Deliveries as Part of its Ongoing 'Delivery Co-Creation Day' Plan and Provides Business Update
- Long Beach Showcases Key Growth Opportunities in City's Emerging Business Sectors at Inaugural Grow Long Beach Presentation
- Atrium 916 to Launch Zero Waste Mobile Art Cafe- with Sunset Paint & Sip on the River
- 'The Music Box' by Joanna Thorn
- USA Green Card Celebrates the State Department's Historic Inclusion of the UK in the DV-2025 Green Card Lottery
- Oxnard College's Camarillo-Based Fire Academy Opens New Facility
- You're invited to Monogram International's booth (#265) at New York Toy Fair
- RBB Bancorp Announces Termination of Agreement to Acquire Gateway Bank, F.S.B.
- Yo Egg to Unveil Exclusive Plant-Based Quail-Sized Egg at the Vkind Experience
- The Law Offices of Frank R. Cruz Announces Investigation of GigaCloud Technology Inc. (GCT) on Behalf of Investors
- California Increases Minimum Wage, Protections for Fast-Food Workers
- Do Grandparents Make Good Parents?
- RNA and DNA Endonuclease from Serratia marcescens