- Sinaloa Cartel Embraces Diversity and Inclusion in the Post-Chapo Era
- Bioscience industry leader Guillermo Zuñiga receives honorary doctorate at Cal State LA Commencement
- City of Long Beach Seeks Feedback on Procurement Process Via Vendor Engagement Survey
The Governor spoke of the need to serve veterans in return for their service to the country. "Too many veterans can't escape the battlefront, even here on the home front – and because of that, we have lost too many of these heroes to suicide, while many more struggle with other behavioral and physical health concerns," said Governor Newsom. "California is building an accessible network of resources for veterans and their families, while we tackle the deadly stigma around mental health that isolates and endangers so many of our heroes. We are home to the nation's largest population of veterans, who all deserve to be connected, respected, and protected."
First Partner Siebel Newsom echoed this sentiment: "Veterans and their families make tremendous sacrifices, both physically and mentally in heroic service to our country. It is essential that we honor and support them by ensuring their needs, especially related to mental health, are met when they come home. As we remember and pay tribute to servicemembers we've lost, I'm proud that California has remained steadfast, through policies and investments, in our commitment to the veterans who call this state home."
More on The Californer
- Trump Bus Tour sponsored by Legacy PAC will roll into the Georgia GOP State convention June 9th and 10th Columbus Georgia
- Pettit Kohn Welcomes Esteemed Attorney John E. Drazkowski to the Arizona Team
- Forge Global CFO to Present at the Upcoming 43rd Annual William Blair Growth Stock Conference
- Leading Business Events Management Company, PRA Acquires Weil & Associates
- TVS Television Network In Production for 'Music Movie' No Mas With Principal Shooting in New Mexico
Undersecretary Russell Atterberry also commented on Memorial Day approaching: "As Memorial Day approaches, we honor our fallen – those who gave their lives in service to our nation. We also remember their sacrifices by caring for the veterans who are still with us. California is creating more housing for veterans and investing in behavioral health services to ensure the well-being of our veterans and their families."
California is home to 1.6 million veterans - more than any other state - so Governor Newsom has made significant investments into CalVet programs focused on providing comprehensive behavioral health services such as those offered at West Los Angeles VA campus. These include California Veterans Health Initiative (CVHI), Veterans Housing & Homelessness Prevention Program (VHHP), Veterans Support To Self-Reliance Pilot Program (VSSRPP), Behavioral Health Services Program (BHSP), California Transition Assistance Program (CALTAP) as well as additional staffing at Veterans Homes of California for clinical social workers, psychologists & psychiatrists.
These investments have led to unhoused California veterans experiencing behavioral health challenges successfully moving into stable permanent housing with accessible & affordable services & care for them - a much needed step towards honoring & supporting those who have served our country so bravely & selflessly.
Filed Under: Government, State
Latest on The Californer
- Water.Bodies.Land brings leading Bay Area artists together in celebration of the black female body – Live At Somarts – July 14 & 15
- Entrinsik Appoints Madhavi W. Chandra as Chief Product Officer
- Golden Ticket Productions Launches New Website
- "On the Los Angeles Road" with Earl Ofari Hutchinson Presents Fascinating Exploration of Los Angeles
- Perfect Ffit: the new mobile game that puts your timing and strategy skills to the test. Can you get a Perfect Fit?
- BRIAN MAY + FRIENDS: "STAR FLEET PROJECT" Special 40th Anniversary Edition
- Maze Therapeutics to Participate in the 2023 Jefferies Healthcare Conference
- Aquia Launches Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Security Assessment Offering, Pairing Automation With Deep Cloud Security Expertise
- Black Cat Artist-in-Residency Program Nurtures Musicians' Bellies & Souls
- UserGems Enables Companies to Generate More Revenue with Enhanced Account Tracking
- Orbex Launches New ZERO Spread Trading Account with $1 Commission per Side
- Grace Cathedral Welcomes Genre-Defining Virtuoso Vocalist Bobby McFerrin as the 2023 Artist in Residence
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Announces it is Investigating Claims Against U-Haul Holding Company and Encourages Investors with Losses to Contact the Firm
- Who is this Gavin White Recording Artist
- Alpha Gold Fund Receives Recognition Of Excellence Awards
- STARS Academy School - Arts-Integrated Education: Now Accepting Applications for Fourth Year
- Introducing the New Heard & Grace Father's Day Subscription Box Set
- Nationwide Boiler Donates Record Amount After Annual Charity Golf Tournament
- Artificial Intelligence System Predicts Consequences of Gene Modifications
- Ohio County Commission President & Founder of the Cincinnati Black Music Walk of Fame, Alicia Reece, Announces Grand Opening of New Tourism Attraction