- Cal State LA continues remarkable climb in U.S. News & World Report rankings
- Hip Hop Recording Artist Dukk Drops New September Music Release
- For National Small Business Week: Some very Essential Advertising Math Every Business Needs to Know
Today, we welcomed Governor Newsom to Long Beach for a roundtable discussion about public safety with mayors and police chiefs from California's 13 largest cities. Our nation is facing a gun violence public health epidemic, and every leader who spoke today, spoke about the incredible challenge posed by this increase in firearms.
Here in Long Beach, firearm-related arrests are up more than 60% from last year and total firearms seized are up 51%. We discussed ways in which cities and the State can come together to take on crime and keep our communities safe. After the discussion, we had a chance to visit local small businesses on Retro Row and talk about our city's economic recovery as we move out of this pandemic.
Just last night, the Long Beach City Council committed up to $5 million for our city's Safety Recovery Plan, which will continue to make investments in our neighborhoods by ensuring resources are available to build community trust, develop economic opportunities, support our city's youth and combat crime. You can see the plan as it was presented to the City Council here.
More on The Californer
- California: Governor Newsom Issues Proclamation Declaring Latino Heritage Month 2021
- California: Newsom Administration Awards Nearly $138 Million in Fire Prevention Grants to Build Resilience in Local Communities
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 9.15.21
- Kobe Bryant Inspired KB24 NFT Art on Course to Raise Millions for Foundation
- Welcoming President Biden to Long Beach
I want to thank the Governor, his team, the small businesses we visited on Retro Row: Portfolio Coffeehouse, Songbird Boutique, The Hangout, and all the elected leaders and police chiefs for taking the time to visit Long Beach today – and for the conversation we had. It's partnerships like the one we demonstrated today that show us we will build back better, and public safety is central to our recovery.
Thank you and Go Long Beach,
Mayor Robert Garcia
Latest on The Californer
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #178 - COVID-19 Response and Recovery
- Erotic Art Finds a Home on NFT Platform NaftyArt With Million Dollar Pre-Launch Sale
- Amazon Live! Influencer live video
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed and Supervisor Gordon Mar Launch New Grant to Support Storefronts Impacted by Vandalism
- Triunfo Water & Sanitation District Initiates Stage 1 Water Conservation Measures
- Drum roll...and the winners are
- Waterside Productions Announces Mai Kim Le's First Book "Worlds Apart"
- MBA Mortgage Corp. Receives Honorable Mention for the DAV'S Outstanding Small Employer of the Year
- The KIS Foundation, Inc. Hosts COVID-19 Recovery Relief Giveaway for Sickle Cell Disease Community
- Is Demand For Pools Increasing or Decreasing in Las Vegas?
- Two Snell & Wilmer Attorneys Selected by the ABA BBC for 20/20 Partners Rising Young Leader Award
- VORAGO Technologies announces 4-channel Rad-Hard Latch-up Monitor IC solution, now sampling
- GF and Synopsys Deliver New Reference Flows for GF 22FDX Process: Cloud-Qualified and First Automotive Flow for ASIL-D Designs
- Singer, Songwriter Impresario Releases 'Deliberately Constructed Moments'
- Walker Entertainer Academy Presents Indigenous Film Retreats (IFR) Oct 9th-11th
- For the 6th Time, Zippy Shell, Inc. Appears on the Inc. 5000, Ranking No. 1149 With Three-Year Revenue Growth of 423 Percent
- Global Sandalwood Oil Market to Reach $149.1 Million by 2026
- Creating Art During The Pandemic Artist Cynthia Warden Launches Original Art Series Featuring Events Of 2020 and Beyond
- STEMconnector, Million Women Mentors and Olay: Face the STEM Gap Role Model Event September 15, 2021
- Latino Author Wants Better Representation of Latino and Hispanic Creatives Beyond Hispanic Heritage Month