- Mars Branded Skittles® and Starburst Cotton Candy to Launch!
- James Postrasija, CEO of Order Food Online on Platform Features/Benefits
- Waste Management Shareholder News: Robbins LLP is Investigating Waste Management, Inc. (WM) on Behalf of Shareholders
We are heartbroken and angry as we learn more and more of the horrific tragedy that occurred in Texas yesterday. The shooting at an elementary school in Uvalde puts our nation's failure to act on gun violence in a painful spotlight, and our prayers and support are with the loved ones of those killed and with the community of Uvalde. As a country, we have failed to protect our children and our communities. In just over a week, mass shootings alone have killed 32 people in Buffalo, Laguna Woods and now in Uvalde.
As a country, we must finally decide that enough is enough and take decades-overdue steps to protect our communities from the destruction of gun violence. This devastating inaction impacts everyone — not only through these horrifying instances of mass shooting and domestic terrorism but through a nationwide uptick in gun violence that has been felt here in Long Beach as well. Among our peer nations, we are alone in our refusal to adopt overwhelmingly popular, commonsense gun reform and equally alone in the horrific consequences of this failure. If we truly want to honor the memories of those killed in Uvalde and support the families, friends and communities shattered by mass shootings, we must end our too-familiar cycle of violence and inaction.
More on The Californer
- Ganglioside GT1a Antibody High Purity
- Dnase-Free and Rnase-Free Distilled Water
- Long Beach: Happy Fourth of July Weekend
- TVS Television Network Launches First Outlook Original Programming You Tube Channel
- The Atlas Elite Entertainment Music Award online is coming!
Taking desperately needed steps to regulate guns won't just make these events less common but will help address suicide, domestic violence and firearm-related crime. Long Beach residents deserve safe communities and taking action to address guns is a critical part of protecting our residents and families.
From ensuring that nobody can buy a gun without passing a background check to eliminating high-capacity magazines and regulating the sale of semi-automatic weapons, there are concrete steps the Federal Government can take immediately to help prevent these kinds of tragedies from unfolding. We must also make sure that every person has access to counseling and mental health care. These are commonsense solutions supported by a majority of Americans — and each day we fail to make even the most reasonable efforts continues to allow this kind of devastation to thrive in our schools, supermarkets, public spaces and places of worship.
On behalf of Long Beach and communities across the world, we are holding Uvalde in our thoughts. Our love and support go out to everyone touched by this unspeakable tragedy, and we call upon the leaders of our country to finally ensure this never happens again.
Mayor Robert Garcia
Latest on The Californer
- Summit County Pest Control Is Going After The American Cockroach
- How do I change my name on Delta Airlines?
- New Highland Cow Decor-Highland Cow Art
- Lieff Cabraser LLP, Stiegler Law Firm LLC, and Robert B. Landry III PLC File Federal Lawsuit Against Apple, Inc. for Failure to Pay Overtime and Other Lawfully Required Compensation to Apple Solutions Consultants
- California: Governor Newsom Grants Executive Clemency 7.1.22
- San Jose: Notice of Availability: Cambrian Park Plaza Final EIR with Responses to Public Comments
- ASPINA Announces AMR Solutions
- San Jose: Media Advisory: Construction Begins for Newbury Park, San José's Newest Neighborhood Park
- Bitwise Announces Results of June 2022 Month-End Crypto Index Reconstitution
- Catalyst Environmental Solutions Acquires AWR Environmental to Expand Geographic Footprint and Suite of Services
- Prepper Essentials Online: Be Prepared For Any Outdoor Survival Situation
- 65% of Today's Workforce Is Actively Looking for Another Job; Culture Over Everything Is the Solution
- Cucamonga Valley Medical Group initiatives focus on growth, patient care
- ADVANTEC-USA Announces the Appointment of Carlos Ortiz, PE, TE, PTOE to Chief Executive Officer
- "This Program Was Truly a Blessing": Facts from California's Nation-Leading $4 Billion State Rent Relief Program
- Signs By Veterans and Savage Shakers Founder Announces Sponsorship for #TEAMUSA Para-Athlete Brian Conwell
- RINGO CELEBRATES HIS BIRTHDAY WITH HIS ANNUAL CAMPAIGN FOR PEACE & LOVE WHICH INCLUDES 26 CELEBRATIONS IN COUNTRIES AROUND THE WORLD AND THIS YEAR WILL ALSO SEE HIS MESSAGE OF PEACE AND LOVE BEAMED UP TO THE STARS AND ORBIT THE EARTH
- EY Names Tim and Chris Vanderhook of Viant Technology as Entrepreneurs of the Year® 2022 Pacific Southwest Award Winners
- Governor Newsom Takes Action to Further Restrict Ghost Guns and Protect California Kids from Gun Violence
- Fragner Seifert Pace & Mintz, LLP Promotes Alex Flumenbaum to Partner