- Bob Holz New Video with Darryl Jones of the Rolling Stones, Concert, Album and Endorsement
- Immediate Therapy for Urinary Incontinence in Women
- SHAREHOLDER ACTION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in Ryvyl Inc. with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
This Labor Day, the City of Long Beach celebrates and honors the contributions of everyone who has fought to build a more fair and just society. It was great to march this morning with City employees at the Harbor Area Labor Day parade. Workers are the backbone of our country, and it is crucial that we stand in solidarity with them in their fight for better pay, working conditions and equal rights in the workplace.
The past three years have emphasized the critical role that so many workers play in our city and, as we recover from the COVID-19 pandemic, it's more important than ever that we recognize the heroism and sacrifice so many people demonstrated each day to meet and overcome the challenges of the moment.
More on The Californer
- California: Governor Newsom Honors Two CHP Officers With Medal of Valor
- California: Governor Newsom Names Sean Duryee CHP Commissioner
- California: Governor Newsom Calls Out Big Oil on Continued Push for Drilling in Neighborhoods
- City of Long Beach to Provide Sanitation and Water Filling Services to People Living in Recreational Vehicles
- SHAREHOLDER ACTION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in Atlassian Corporation with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
Labor Day is also a chance to honor the sacrifices of union members and those in the labor movement who risked their livelihoods and well-being to advocate for the rights of others — both here in Long Beach and across the country. Together we can learn from their example to continue building a society that values and works for everyone.
I hope that you can each join me in honoring the history and continuing the legacy of the labor movement — and I hope that each of you and your loved ones has an enjoyable, restful and safe holiday!
Thank you and happy Labor Day,
Mayor Robert Garcia
Latest on The Californer
- The estate of Shirley Baskin, co-founder of Baskin Robbins, is part of Andrew Jones' Feb. 22 auction
- Presto to Report Second Quarter 2023 Financial Results on February 14, 2023
- San Jose: City to Add Foster Youth Housing
- Bosco Tech to Host Internationally Acclaimed Educational Expert Dr. Michael G. Thompson on Feb. 27
- Governor Newsom Announces Designation of Three More California Jurisdictions as Prohousing for Strides Made to Accelerate Housing Production
- SEW Acquires 3Insys - Provider of an Agile iPaaS Integration Platform for the Energy and Utility industry
- Avirmax Biopharma Inc. Will Present at Glaucoma 360 New Horizons Forum 2023
- Max Verstappen Signs With EA Sports™
- Juicefly Offers High-Quality Vape Products in Los Angeles
- Flexiv Launches Revolutionary Force-Controlled Parallel Robot
- For the Tenth Consecutive Year, Persistent Ranked a Leader in Zinnov Zones Engineering Research and Development Services Ratings USA - English USA - English
- How moving online helped us scale regional meetups
- Shareholder Alert: Robbins LLP Informs Investors of Class Action Against Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
- ATEN Technology Empowers BYOD Collaboration with New Presentation Switches
- SET Announces Groundbreaking Solar Boost Technology
- Soft Treats That Older Dogs Can Sink Their Teeth Into
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 2.2.23
- The 10 Principles Of Economics And How They Can Benefit You
- HVAC Alliance Expert Offers Reliable Central Heating System Installation Across California and New York
- California: Governor Newsom on Fifth Circuit Court Ruling Allowing Domestic Violence Abusers to Possess Guns