- Tips for Skin Care During the Winter Months
- Saya International Corporation Announces Appointment of Sheida Chumba to its Board of Directors
- George Harrison's Seminal 1970 Solo Album 'All Things Must Pass' Celebrated With New Stereo Mix Of Legendary Title Track On Its 50th Anniversary
"I am excited that John will serve on the Port Commission, and that he was interested in continuing his long legacy of public service in this way," said Mayor Breed. "We are lucky to have someone of his experience, knowledge, and dedication to San Francisco on the Commission. As we embark on the challenging path of recovery from COVID and confront the significant challenges of climate change, the Port will continue to be an important part of our City's economy and resilience."
Mayor Breed appointed Burton to serve on the Port Commission because of his passion for the Port and his knowledge of the Port's complex operations and related policy. Burton was responsible for creating the San Francisco Port Commission 52 years ago.
More on The Californer
- CLARA Analytics Unveils Its AI-Based Litigation Avoidance Solution for Commercial Auto
- Shero Comics' Cheerleading Comic, Squad Goals, Debuts as #1 Amazon Best Seller
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 12.2.20
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #139 - COVID-19 Response and Recovery
- Quantum Integration's Internet of Things Platform Receives Warm Reception From Early Supporters
"I am thankful to Mayor Breed for appointing me to serve as a member of the Port Commission and honored to work with my fellow commissioners to keep improving one of San Francisco's greatest treasures—the Port," said John Burton.
Mr. Burton served in the California State Assembly, the U.S. House of Representatives, and the California State Senate. In 2009, Mr. Burton was elected chair of the California Democratic Party. In 2005, he launched the John Burton Advocates for Youth, which works to improve the quality of life for youth in California who have been in foster care or homeless by advocating for better laws, training communities to strengthen local practices, and conducting research to inform policy solutions.
Burton, who is originally from Cincinnati, Ohio, holds a Bachelor's Degree from San Francisco State College and a Juris Doctorate from University of San Francisco. He also serves as a professor of California politics at San Francisco State University.
Latest on The Californer
- New Saving with Steve Radio-Podcast & TV Show Gifts Listeners New Financial Hope and Money Solution
- WD-40 Company Announces Virtual 2020 Annual Meeting of Stockholders
- Syxsense Announces New Asia Expansion
- Olympic Decathlon Champion, Special Olympics Founder and UCLA Legend Rafer Johnson Passes Away at 86
- HZT Records Releases "Angel" by Hillstaxx Dec 11
- Lighting Up The Long Beach Holiday Tree Tonight
- Industry Veterans Launch Disruptive E-Commerce Platform With Thirteen Expertly Curated Black And Brown Founded Beauty Brands
- Alten Construction celebrates 25 years of construction
- Modulim Announces CE Mark of Clarifi Imaging System for Microvascular Assessment
- Portola Hotel & Spa Announces Completion Of Multi-Million Dollar Renovation
- One in 10 Paystubs Submitted to Lenders as Proof of Income are Fake
- 'Bounce Back to Success' hits Amazon Best-Seller List
- Biofriendly Takes to the Polls to Ask about Environmental Misconceptions
- Canon Medical's All-New 12x16 Hi-Def Imaging Detector Provides Highest Resolution in the Market to Help Clinicians See Fine Details
- Ochisma's Charisma New Online Vintage And Collectibles Store Launches
- Berkshire Hathaway Homeservices Hilton Head Bluffton Realty Taps Christina Galbreath-Gonzalez To Lead Bluffton Office
- Robert T. Ball, Jr., MD Honored with ReadyCommunities Partnership/CCROA 2020 National Service Award For Leadership in SC Communities Amidst Pandemic
- Introducing Salesforce Hyperforce
- Gupshup Launches a New Messaging Channel, GIP, to Enhance Business Communications with Consumers
- Australian Artist seeks 4 Million USD in damages from Bollywood