- Cal State LA continues remarkable climb in U.S. News & World Report rankings
- Hip Hop Recording Artist Dukk Drops New September Music Release
- For National Small Business Week: Some very Essential Advertising Math Every Business Needs to Know
SANTA CLARA, Calif., July 22, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Frost & Sullivan's recent analysis, Global RNA Therapeutics: Technology Growth Opportunities, reveals that ribonucleic acid (RNA) therapeutics is poised to gain momentum in the next few years and can potentially be applied to a wide variety of disease interventions. Additionally, the growth opportunities exposed by the initial commercialization of mRNA vaccines, antisense oligonucleotides (ASOs) and short interfering RNA (siRNA)-based therapeutics are further attracting pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to invest in this space and expedite research and development (R&D).
For further information on this analysis, please visit: http://frost.ly/62g
"Advances in RNA stability, manufacturing, chemical modification, and targeted delivery systems have led to the commercial translation of RNA therapeutics," said Ruplekha Choudhurie, TechVision Industry Analyst at Frost & Sullivan. "RNAs are relatively easy to manufacture, cost-effective, and can act on undruggable targets. As a result, academic labs and small biotech companies are accelerating RNA therapeutics research, alongside Tier 1 biopharmaceutical companies."
More on The Californer
- California: Governor Newsom Issues Proclamation Declaring Latino Heritage Month 2021
- California: Newsom Administration Awards Nearly $138 Million in Fire Prevention Grants to Build Resilience in Local Communities
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 9.15.21
- Kobe Bryant Inspired KB24 NFT Art on Course to Raise Millions for Foundation
- Welcoming President Biden to Long Beach
Choudhurie added: "RNAs have certain advantages over deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) and small molecule drugs, such as eliminating the risk of genomic integration, being relatively cost-effective, and having rapid development and production. Hence, RNA therapeutics investment has a better chance of commercial success and enables better returns in less time for market participants. Specifically, for the development of vaccines for COVID-19 and other emerging infectious disease outbreaks, mRNA vaccines have an advantage over other types of vaccines as they can be rapidly developed and amenable to modifications to target evolving viral variants."
The advantages of RNA therapeutics over conventional small molecule drugs and other biological drugs present immense growth opportunities for market players, including:
- Formulation and delivery of RNA therapeutics: Lipid-nanoparticles were used for delivery formulation in the previously approved RNA therapeutics, and similar (RNA-LNPs) formulations have been considered standard. Rapid formulation and delivery advances will improve the future of RNA delivery and help overcome the intrinsic stability issues of RNA.
- Stability of mRNA vaccines and RNA therapeutics at ambient temperature: Novel formulations that improve mRNA stability at ambient temperatures would facilitate the worldwide application of mRNA vaccines more rapidly and at a much lower cost. This will benefit mRNA vaccines and the entire RNA therapeutics field in general.
- mRNA vaccines and active participation of big pharmaceutical companies: Currently, RNA therapeutics is one of the fastest and most promising approaches in biological therapeutics. Due to this, many stakeholders are investing heavily in mRNA vaccines.
Global RNA Therapeutics: Technology Growth Opportunities is the latest addition to Frost & Sullivan's TechVision research and analyses available through the Frost & Sullivan Leadership Council, which helps organizations identify a continuous flow of growth opportunities to succeed in an unpredictable future.
More on The Californer
- California: Governor Newsom Highlights New In-Person Student Rates, Nation-Leading School Safety & Prevention Efforts
- San Jose: Media Advisory: Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony at Solari Park to Commemorate New Playground
- San Jose: Media Advisory: Viva CalleSJ is Back to Activate the Streets and Create the City's Largest Park
- MG Facility Services Awarded $30 Million, Multi-Year Contract With The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Michelle Danner's "The Runner" to screen at Catalina Film Festival
About Frost & Sullivan
For six decades, Frost & Sullivan has been world-renowned for its role in helping investors, corporate leaders and governments navigate economic changes and identify disruptive technologies, Mega Trends, new business models, and companies to action, resulting in a continuous flow of growth opportunities to drive future success. Contact us: Start the discussion.
Global RNA Therapeutics: Technology Growth Opportunities
E: [email protected]
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- For the 6th Time, Zippy Shell, Inc. Appears on the Inc. 5000, Ranking No. 1149 With Three-Year Revenue Growth of 423 Percent
- Global Sandalwood Oil Market to Reach $149.1 Million by 2026
- Creating Art During The Pandemic Artist Cynthia Warden Launches Original Art Series Featuring Events Of 2020 and Beyond
- STEMconnector, Million Women Mentors and Olay: Face the STEM Gap Role Model Event September 15, 2021
- Latino Author Wants Better Representation of Latino and Hispanic Creatives Beyond Hispanic Heritage Month
- What Does Post-Traumatic Thriving Look Like?
- EdTech Startup Builds on Early Traction in Remote Proctoring with New Crowdfunding Round
- Shero Comics' Rayven Choi Graphic Novel Series Will Take Final Bow on National Comic Book Day
- What are the Safety Measures to fly with Copa Airlines
- Speck Unveils Line of MagSafe Compatible Cases and Accessories for all New Apple Devices
- ELEVATE (ELEctric Vehicle AdapTEr) adds Demand Response to any Electric Vehicle charger
- SCHURTER continues revamp of EMC filters with flagship FMBD EP for 3-phase power systems and machine
- BCVWD Named One of the Best Places to Work in the Country
- New Classical Music Show Plays Only the Classical Music Great's Symphonies
- The 5-Star Reviews Keep Coming for "Shadows in Light"
- Voices of Silicon Valley conductor is selected Grammys member
- TOArts' AccessArts Program announces $50,000 available to support arts education in Ventura
- With Market Size Valued at $618.7 Billion by 2026, it`s a Healthy Outlook for the Global Photovoltaics Market
- Exclusionary Vehicle Coverage from autopom! Is As Close To New Car Coverage As You Can Get
- Kairos Strategy Group Announces Commitment to Global Efforts Advocating for Cybersecurity Best Practices during Cybersecurity Awareness Month