City of San José
Emergency Operations Center
Rosario Neaves, Director of Communications/EPIO: 210-823-3908
City of San José Media Line: 408-535-7777
City of San José Customer Contact Center: 3-1-1 (408-535-3500)
Updates on City of San José Services and/or Operations
- Twitter Q&A: Join #AskTheMayor: Mayor Liccardo will be online at 11:30 a.m. today to answer questions related to COVID-19 and our community here: bit.ly/AskMayorSam. People can drop in questions (and videos) on the announcement post (bit.ly/AskMayorSam) or use #AskMayorSam on their timeline. Those who need a free account can visit twitter.com/signup to get started and follow @sliccardo. WEEKEND NOTICE – City Parks: City Parks will be closed if residents do not stay 6 feet apart when using the parks. To slow and reduce the spread of COVID-19, the City of San José needs you to follow the County's physical distancing orders. As a reminder, the City has closed certain park facilities (e.g. play structures, dog parks, and more). The City will close all parks, in order to protect public health and safety, if residents do not follow the guidelines.
- Los Angeles Urban League Addresses Protests Related to the Death of George Floyd at the Hands of Police
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #1 - Protest Safety
- Online Dating Profile Critiques and Makeovers
- Masters Hall of Fame Announces David Dye As The 2021 Keynote Speaker
- Human Hemoglobin for Interference Testing
- Stay home if you are sick. Do not gather in groups or engage in group activities. Keep a 6-foot distance from others at all times. Comply with park amenity closures and stay out of these areas: including dog parks; tennis, pickle ball, futsal, and basketball courts; outdoor gym equipment and playgrounds; picnic and barbecue areas; drinking fountains; restrooms; disc golf areas and sport fields.
- Fire Department: The San Jose Fire Department (SJFD) is giving the public a peek at how firefighters practice social distancing in firehouses. View the latest safety video on the SJFD Department Facebook and Twitter pages and remember to keep at least 6 feet of distance apart. Everyone has a role to play in stopping the spread of COVID-19. Stay healthy, and stay home.
More on The Californer
Updates from the County of Santa Clara
- County of Santa Clara Recommends Cloth Face Coverings: The County is recommending when going out for essential activities that members of the public wear reusable, non-medical cloth face coverings. This may prevent you from unintentionally spreading the virus even if you have no or very few symptoms. For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3bNYuu3. County Provides New COVID-19 Data Dashboards: The County has added two new informational dashboards to the COVID-19 Data Dashboard, which provides detailed information about cases and deaths from COVID-19 in Santa Clara County. The new Hospital Dashboard includes the numbers of acute hospital beds (commonly referred to as "floor" or "med/surg"), intensive care unit beds, ventilators, and surge beds. The new Laboratory Testing Dashboard provides the overall total and daily testing volume for COVID-19 in Santa Clara County.
More on The Californer
- Free Bilirubin for Interference Testing
- Mayor London Breed and Public Safety Officials Announce Curfew in San Francisco to Begin Tonight at 8 PM
- California: Governor Authorizes Assistance After Request from Los Angeles & Proclaims State of Emergency
- Real Estate Loans Are Closing During Global Pandemic. Just Ask Rickey Biddle of Philadelphia
- Governor Newsom Statement on Demonstrations Across California and the Passing of Federal Officer
Subscribe to the News Releases eNotification list to receive City of San José Flash Reports, and follow us at sanjoseca.gov and @CityofSanJose on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Nextdoor.">
Esta información está disponible en español en www.sanjoseca.gov. ">
Thông tin này có sẵn bằng Tiếng Việt trên trang: www.sanjoseca.gov.
A person's risk for COVID-19 is not related to race, ethnicity or culture. City employees must abide by the Discrimination and Harassment policy, and treat colleagues and members of the public with courtesy and respect. Discrimination and/or Harassment of any kind is a violation of the policies and will not be tolerated.
Latest on The Californer
- Teenage mariachi ensemble records album during pandemic, keeping social distancing guidelines
- Getman Takes his Popular Book Fairs into the Virtual World Transforming the Way Buyers Meet Sellers of Rare Books, Maps, Prints and Ephemera
- Survivorship Conference Presentations Educate Readers about Ritual Abuse and Mind Control
- Teleroute, Part of Alpega Group, launches an API Interface and a new Mobile App to help their growing number of customers work even more efficiently
- Exclusive interview with Katherine Schwarzenegger Pratt "Catching up with Natalie & Katherine"
- San Francisco: New Health Order Requires Residents and Workers to Wear Face Coverings Outside the Home
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #109 - COVID-19 Mitigation and Response
- Space Cadet Launches A Flower Sniffer's Book Of Paper Craft to Ward off Boredom Better Than Binging TV
- Orange County Lemon Law Attorney Luis Aguirre Launches Spanish Version of its Website
- Summer Camp ONLINE at Theatre School @ North Coast Rep
- Mayor London Breed Announces Timeline and Plan for Safely Reopening San Francisco
- MedTrainer Named Best Compliance Management Solution Provider in 2020 MedTech Breakthrough Awards
- Beta-Mannosidase Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric)
- Launching OneQuantum LLC the Quantum Tech startup community
- OrPro Therapeutics Advances a New Inhalation Treatment Approach for COVID-19
- SmartGateVC Will Establish a Start-Up Tech Accelerator in Glendale Called Hero House Glendale
- RC Diedrich and Tremain Hayhoe Discuss Succeeding No Matter What
- Property from the estate of June D. Winkler will be sold online by Andrew Jones Auctions, June 16th
- Nicole Rogas, Senior Vice President at Experian Health, joins Nuevozen Advisory Board
- WHIP IT, SIP IT! Virtual Wine Tasting with Gerald Casale, Co-Founder of Rock Band Devo & Proprietor of The 50 by 50 Winery in Napa Valley