MITIGATED NEGATIVE DECLARATION
CITY OF SAN JOSE, CALIFORNIA
Project Name: 615 Stockton Hotel Project
File No.: GP18-013/C18-039/SP18-060
Description: The project site includes two parcels at 615 Stockton Avenue and 623 Stockton Avenue. The project would demolish the commercial building at 615 Stockton Avenue and relocate the single-family residence at 623 Stockton Avenue to the southwest corner of the project site on Schiele Avenue. The project would also include General Plan Amendment to change the land use designation from Residential Neighborhood to Neighborhood/Community Commercial on one parcel at 623 Stockton Avenue and Conforming Rezoning from Commercial Neighborhood Zoning District (CN) to Commercial Pedestrian Zoning District (CP) on both parcels to facilitate the development of a five-story, 120-room hotel. The total square footage of the proposed project would be approximately 70,687 square feet (includes the 1,292 square foot structure at 623 Stockton Avenue). The project would have a maximum height of 59 feet and six inches to the top of the elevator and stair tower.
More on The Californer
- Environmental Activist Band 'Instrument of Peace' is Hosting Its Album Release Celebration
- California CRV is Finished! Or is it?
- Former San Marcos High School Principal Files Appeal After Court Ruling Against His Reinstatement
- Adoption Month Resolution Recognizes Local Foster Parent
- Home Sweet Home: National Adoption Awareness Month Event
Location: 615 and 623 Stockton Avenue, San José.
Assessor's Parcel Nos.: 261-07-001 and -068
Council District: 6
Applicant Contact Information: Infinite Investment Realty Corporation (ATTN: Alan Nguyen); 1168 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95126; 408-835-7743.
The City has performed an environmental review of the project. The environmental review examines the nature and extent of any adverse effects on the environment that could occur if the project is approved and implemented. Based on the review, the City has prepared a Draft Mitigated Negative Declaration (MND) for this project. An MND is a statement by the City that the project will not have a significant effect on the environment because the project will include mitigation measures that will reduce identified project impacts to a less than significant level. The project site is not present on a list pursuant to Section 65962.5 of the California Government Code.
More on The Californer
- California: Governor Newsom Issues Executive Order to Support Communities Recovering from Ridgecrest Earthquakes
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 10.18.19
- California: Governor Newsom Grants Executive Clemency 10.18.19
- Opening Reception Friday, November 8, 2019, 6-8pm
- San Francisco Writer Anh Lê Remembers U.S. Representative Elijah Cummings
The public is welcome to review and comment on the Draft MND. The public comment period for this Draft MND begins on October 9, 2019 to October 29, 2019.
The Draft MND, Initial Study, and reference documents are available online at: www.sanjoseca.gov/negativedeclarations. The documents are also available for review from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at the City of San José Department of Planning, Building and Code Enforcement, located at City Hall, 200 East Santa Clara Street; at the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Main Library, located at 150 E. San Fernando Street.
For additional information, please contact Thai-Chau Le at (408) 535-5658, or by e-mail at Thai-Chau.Le@sanjoseca.gov.
Circulation period: October 9, 2019 to October 29, 2019.
Latest on The Californer
- California: TOMORROW: Governor Newsom to Deliver Remarks at CSU Graduation Initiative 2025 Symposium
- Just Outsourcing Releases Scariest Update Ever With New Content Generation Tricks And Treats
- New Rock Jockey Pro Bundle includes Abaco Little Giant Automatic Stone Lifter ALG50A
- Network Time Foundation Joins Open Source Initiative
- MC Companies Prescribes Happy and Healthy Lifestyles To Employees And Residents
- Emery Pharma and CP Lab Safety Exhibiting at the 2019 AAPS Annual Meeting in San Antonio, Texas
- PixelMill President Takes First Place at Microsoft's Developer Kitchen in Redmond
- Introducing Prospect Financial Group's Top Loan Officer for Quarter 3, 2019
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Release of Nation's First Statewide Earthquake Early Warning System
- Savas Beatie LLC is the Recipient of a Prestigious Book Award for 2019
- Children's Hunger Fund and Poverty Encounter Building Preserved in Saddle Ridge Fire
- Mark Powell & Charles Daff Expand Snell & Wilmer's Private Client Services Group in Orange County
- Lexus Warranty Alternatives Include Choice of Repair Shop
- Oak Tree Business Systems, Inc. Asked the Community to Help Donate Blood and They Stepped Up
- Weinstein Spira Announces Multiple Promotions
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Announces Plan to Close Hall of Justice to Make Way for Future Justice Campus
- San Francisco: Statement from Mayor Breed on 30th Anniversary of Loma Prieta Earthquake
- Take Part This National Breast Cancer Awareness Month to Take Down the Ultimate Opponent
- The Deliciously Dark Song That Should Have Been in Disney's Maleficent: Mistress of Evil
- La Marketplace B2B de Trace One pour booster les ventes et l'innovation dans l'univers du retail et des PGC