MITIGATED NEGATIVE DECLARATION
CITY OF SAN JOSE, CALIFORNIA
Project Name: 615 Stockton Hotel Project
File No.: GP18-013/C18-039/SP18-060
Description: The project site includes two parcels at 615 Stockton Avenue and 623 Stockton Avenue. The project would demolish the commercial building at 615 Stockton Avenue and relocate the single-family residence at 623 Stockton Avenue to the southwest corner of the project site on Schiele Avenue. The project would also include General Plan Amendment to change the land use designation from Residential Neighborhood to Neighborhood/Community Commercial on one parcel at 623 Stockton Avenue and Conforming Rezoning from Commercial Neighborhood Zoning District (CN) to Commercial Pedestrian Zoning District (CP) on both parcels to facilitate the development of a five-story, 120-room hotel. The total square footage of the proposed project would be approximately 70,687 square feet (includes the 1,292 square foot structure at 623 Stockton Avenue). The project would have a maximum height of 59 feet and six inches to the top of the elevator and stair tower.
More on The Californer
- San Francisco: State Awards $8.5 Million for Waterfront Park in India Basin
- Space Symposium Exhibit to Share Expanded Polymer & Metal Seals Solutions Portfolio
- Howard Hanna taps Lion & Orb as First Agency of Record
- Growing Up and Giving Back - Seanna Pereira reaches new audiences
- W+R Studios Receives The Startup Weekly's 2020 Software Companies to Watch Award
Location: 615 and 623 Stockton Avenue, San José.
Assessor's Parcel Nos.: 261-07-001 and -068
Council District: 6
Applicant Contact Information: Infinite Investment Realty Corporation (ATTN: Alan Nguyen); 1168 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95126; 408-835-7743.
The City has performed an environmental review of the project. The environmental review examines the nature and extent of any adverse effects on the environment that could occur if the project is approved and implemented. Based on the review, the City has prepared a Draft Mitigated Negative Declaration (MND) for this project. An MND is a statement by the City that the project will not have a significant effect on the environment because the project will include mitigation measures that will reduce identified project impacts to a less than significant level. The project site is not present on a list pursuant to Section 65962.5 of the California Government Code.
More on The Californer
- Mayor London Breed and Supervisor Norman Yee Call for San Francisco Families to Become Foster Parents to Children in Need
- Cappello's Innovates Again With World's First Grain-Free White Pizza
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed and Supervisor Matt Haney Announce Legislation to Authorize New Overdose Prevention Programs
- Bobo's Warms Hearts And Fills Stomachs At Expo West With Multiple New Product Offerings
- New Presentation Switches from ATEN Technology, Inc. Boost Impact of Professional Presentations
The public is welcome to review and comment on the Draft MND. The public comment period for this Draft MND begins on October 9, 2019 to October 29, 2019.
The Draft MND, Initial Study, and reference documents are available online at: www.sanjoseca.gov/negativedeclarations. The documents are also available for review from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at the City of San José Department of Planning, Building and Code Enforcement, located at City Hall, 200 East Santa Clara Street; at the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Main Library, located at 150 E. San Fernando Street.
For additional information, please contact Thai-Chau Le at (408) 535-5658, or by e-mail at Thai-Chau.Le@sanjoseca.gov.
Circulation period: October 9, 2019 to October 29, 2019.
Latest on The Californer
- Advanced Analytics for Sage 100 by DataSelf Released
- The Clarissa Manuel Foundation announces new youth program initiative - Young Cultivated Minds of the Future (YCMF)
- MOET Law Firm Opens Second Office
- Bioeconomy Consulting Group Adds Top Government Funding Expert
- Alpha Foods Returns to Natural Products Expo West with Tasty Meal Solutions for Flexitarian Diets
- KRON TV's Pam Moore Headlines San Francisco 100 Black Women Honors
- DeSL Launches New Creative Sales Platform
- New Music Release "One World Rendezvous" from Miss Kristin Arrives at Big Fuss Records & Retail
- OTCWAGON Is following up with GTX Corp. (GTXO)
- Mayor London Breed Celebrates San Francisco's Right to Return Ordinance
- Solution-Soft, the Leader in Virtual Clock and Time Shift Testing has been showcased at OOW UK
- Comedian Marc Yaffee And Friends Return to Diamond Mountain Casino
- Stange Law Firm, PC Partners are proud to present a CLE for the National Business Institute
- San Jose: FAQ: What You Need to Know About Voting
- San Francisco: Board of Supervisors Unanimously Approves New Navigation Center for Transitional Age Youth
- BYD Adds Head of Total Solutions to North American Team
- Holy Sip! Humm Kombucha Launches Category Changing Humm Zero
- Team EBMG expands international client roster ahead of the 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympic Games
- SpaceGirl releases New album and book
- Valiant Eagle Inc. (OTC:PSRUD) Acquires Radio Station Equipment Worth Over $5 Million