"We are grateful to the non-profit, First Community Housing, for again championing housing that serves our most vulnerable residents," said San José Mayor Sam Liccardo. "McEvoy Apartments maximizes the number of desperately needed affordable units by placing density right where we want it: near our region's Downtown transit center, within walking distance for many of our hardest working residents and families."
More on The Californer
- Divorce Attorney San Diego Garwood Attorneys
- California: In South LA, Governor Newsom Visits Formerly Homeless Families Provided Temporary Housing in State-Owned Travel Trailers
- Jamul Casino Hosts RunGood Poker Series with Pro Athletes and a $147K Main Event
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 2.24.20
- California: TODAY: In South LA, Governor Newsom to Visit Formerly Homeless Families Provided Temporary Housing in State-Owned Trailers
San José's Planning Commission unanimously approved the proposal at the January 29th meeting, recommending it to come before Council today. If approved, the McEvoy Apartments will serve low-income households earning up to 60% of Area Median Income (AMI) or approximately $61,000 for an individual and $87,000 for a family of four.
The buildings will employ modular construction and will be designed for LEED Platinum certification. The new development will feature common areas including office space for social services staff, onsite communal laundry, large outdoor space, and computer lab. Future residents will also be provided free transit passes.
"This development uses the first high rise modular technology in San José to provide 365 affordable units of housing," said San José Councilmember Dev Davis, "Thank you to First Community Housing for adding so many housing units to our supply which allows our service workers to live in our community and avoid the long commutes from outside of the area."
More on The Californer
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Announces Opening of Transitional Housing for Pregnant People and Mothers Experiencing Homelessness
- Eewee Production Launches Two New Beauty And Wellness Products
- Kidfresh Celebrates 10 Year Anniversary At Expo West 2020 With Fresh New Look And Tasty Additions
- Ancient Resource Auctions' March 14th online sale has authentic antiquities, ethnographic art, more
- Backstage Launches Multi-City Tour to Invest in Underestimated Entrepreneurs and Ecosystems
First Community Housing is a local non-profit corporation that develops, constructs, and manages affordable housing for San José and the Bay Area. They have championed the development of more than 1,400 affordable housing units with 800 more in the pipeline. These new homes will serve low-income families, seniors, and those with special needs.
"First Community Housing is extremely excited about the McEvoy project. It is the quintessential transit-oriented development," said Geoffrey Morgan, President and CEO of First Community Housing. "The project will provide much-needed affordable homes for more than 360 households adjacent to what promises to be the grand central station of the West. It's the right development at the right time in the right location."
# # #
Rachel Davis, Office of Mayor Sam Liccardo, 408.712.9149, firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest on The Californer
- Mobilize Solutions Releases White Paper on 5G Camera Evolution
- Solutions for Airborne Coronavirus, Tuberculosis, Measles and Influenza
- Hair Detangler School Seeks Clients with Matted Tangled Hair for Free Detangle Services
- Giner Lab Goes Freestyle With Lab Flooring Installation
- Endeavor Bank Announces the Conclusion of the Capital Raise Offering Period
- Artplex Exhibition: Degrees of Emergence
- Canyon Partners Sends Letter to Berry Global's Board of Directors
- Delirious Comedy Club Of Downtown Las Vegas Continues Nightly Laughter With Celebrity Comedy Series
- Singer-songwriter Will Champlin guests on Deeper Than Music on iHeart Radio
- Director, Producer, and Special Effects Guru Joe Castro guests on Deeper Than Music on IHeart Radio
- Mattel Receives Record Number of "Toy of the Year" Awards
- It's A Three-Peat! L.O.L. Surprise! Wins Toy Of The Year!
- Road of No Return / Road to Hell Now Available on DVD from BayView Entertainment
- Artworks by Sargent, Koons, Chihuly, James Sword all do well at Bruneau & Co. auction held Feb. 15
- Author Colby Van Wagoner's new book - Baggage Act 1: Quickies - a wild and satirical dating anthology!
- 3 Day Weekend Benefits - Start Your Side Business Now
- Alkaline Phosphatase Staining Kit
- Why good, kind, and positive people are always happier
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 2.21.20
- Assault Industries introduces a new UTV specific tool kit!