- Love & Sip Valentine Brunch with Celebrity The Comedian, Tomea, Grammy Saxophonist Jason Davis, Gospel Contemporary Duo, Only God Ministries - 103
- The Bedside Report Webinar Slated To Help Future Nurses Rock
- Vaccine Update for Long Beach
December 1, 2020
Rachel Davis, Press Secretary, Office of Mayor Liccardo, 408.712.9149, firstname.lastname@example.org
SAN JOSE, CA -- San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo released the following statement about his Thanksgiving gathering.
"A recent news report has raised questions about my family's Thanksgiving dinner last week.
On Thanksgiving afternoon, my wife Jessica and I attended my parent's house for an outdoor dinner on their backyard patio, along with my sister-in-law. The five of us, plus my brother, have dined together—appropriately spaced–once or twice a week for several months, as a stable group of three households. On this occasion, that brother joined us late and dined separately, after we completed our meal. One of my sisters also joined us for this Thanksgiving afternoon, along with her son and daughter-in-law.
In summary, eight of us representing five households sat around three distanced tables in our own family groups on the back patio, and we wore masks when not eating. I have a very large family—I am one of five children--and several of our family members who would have often joined us for Thanksgiving in the past—including sisters, nephews, nieces, and cousins—stayed home out of caution.
More on The Californer
- Leon Youngblood Consultants streams Inaugural Concert featuring President Joe Biden & VP K. Harris
- PG&E Restores Nearly All Customers Following Historic Windstorm, Prepares for Winter Snow and Rain Next Week
- Ventura College's Advanced Manufacturing Program is Preparing for the Future
- Universal Credit now available for all your personal loan needs
- CEDC Awards Students with Fernandez Leadership Fund Scholarships
After I returned home, I saw an NBC reporter's tweet that I dined "at home" for Thanksgiving, apparently based on information from my communications office. Since that was inaccurate, I asked that we communicate with the reporter to correct the record, by clarifying that I was at my parents' home. The following day, my chief of staff reached out to that reporter, informing him that I was at my parents' house, which resulted in his report last night.
I understand that the state regulations, issued on November 13th , limit the number of households at a private gathering to three. I apologize for my decision to gather contrary to state rules, by attending this Thanksgiving meal with my family. I understand my obligation as a public official to provide exemplary compliance with the public health orders, and certainly not to ignore them. I commit to do better."
Latest on The Californer
- San Francisco: SFO Launches Emergency Rent Relief Program for Airport Concession Tenants
- Meet CCO Tony Cardenas "Montana" of VNUE, Inc.
- INVESTIGATION REMINDER: The Schall Law Firm Announces it is Investigating Claims Against Tyson Foods, Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- Fresno Furnished Apartment Leader Key Housing Announces Featured Apartment Community
- San Francisco Launches First High-Volume COVID-19 Vaccination Site
- CARB One-Stop Truck Event Features DPFTRAC Exhibit - DPF Cleaning, DPF Tracking, Compliance Reports
- San Diego Partner Steffi Gascón Hafen Named by Latino Leaders Magazine as Top Latino Lawyer of 2020
- Seismic shift to remote work and an urgent need for leadership development drives $13.1M Series A funding for coaching platform Sounding Board
- SHAREHOLDER ACTION REMINDER: The Schall Law Firm Announces the Filing of a Class Action Lawsuit Against CleanSpark, Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses in Excess of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- Kaizen Finance Launches Staking to Foster the Widespread Adoption of DeFi
- Ismail Sirdah Describes the Best Practices for Holding Corporate Events
- MDAdvantage Appoints Pete Cammarano to Board of Directors
- Frost & Sullivan Experts Present a Strategic Outlook of the Global Automotive Industry in 2021 USA - English USA - English
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Orion Energy on Successful Capital Partnerships
- expEDIum Direct Pay®, seamless online payment added to iTech's expEDIum Medical Billing®
- AECOM to host first quarter fiscal year 2021 earnings conference call on February 9th and host 2021 Investor Day on February 16th
- S'moresUp Integrates Google Classroom to Help Parents Monitor, Track and Automate Kids' Schoolwork Alongside Housework
- Social Music Platform, Geojam, announces new CMO
- Glancy Wine Education Foundation Announces Game-changing Donation from Wine Spectator Scholarship Foundation
- CORRECTING and REPLACING SHAREHOLDER ACTION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Announces the Filing of a Class Action Lawsuit Against 9F Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses in Excess of $100,000 to Contact the Firm