- 7-Year Old Singer/Songwriter Kyra Pesebre Releases "I Love You, Dad" In Time For Father's Day - 452
- Waterside Productions Announces Said E. Dawlabani's New Book "The Light of Ishtar"
- Paul Sinacore Casting Shines Spotlight On "Friends: The Reunion" as Diversity Backlash Continues
Fears Nachawati lawyers, who represent more than 4,000 cancer victims in litigation against Bayer AG (OTCMKTS: BAYRY), will discuss the significance of the ruling in Hardeman v. Monsanto and the status of the proposed settlement during a Facebook Live news conference on Monday at 11 a.m. Central. Click here for details: https://bit.ly/3bramVi
"This resounding victory for cancer victims could not have come at a worse time for Bayer as it tries to steamroll plaintiffs into accepting a flawed and unfair settlement," said Fears Nachawati co-founder Majed Nachawati. "Everyone now has a better understanding of the value of these cases and the exposure Bayer faces if it does not reach a fair settlement and resolve all outstanding lawsuits."
More on The Californer
- Edison International Declares Q2 Dividends
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #165 - COVID-19 Response and Recovery
- San Jose Mayor, City Council Unanimously Approve Acting City Manager for 10th Largest City in the Nation
- Confluent Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Cryptsoft's KMIP technology strengthens security in Networked Energy Services' Advanced Metering Infrastructure solutions
Friday's ruling stems from a 2019 jury verdict finding that plaintiff Edwin Hardeman developed non-Hodgkins lymphoma after exposure to Roundup. The verdict included $5 million in compensatory damages and $75 million in punitive damages, which were later reduced to $20 million.
The ruling has implications for Bayer's efforts to settle more than 90,000 pending cancer lawsuits, which have drawn criticism from thousands of plaintiffs. Among other things, the settlement would allow Bayer to continue selling Roundup but limit legal options for individuals diagnosed with cancer in the future. A hearing on the settlement is set for May 19.
"We now have a federal appellate court supporting evidence that Roundup causes cancer and that Bayer had a duty to warn consumers," Mr. Nachawati said. "Shareholders need to know that these lawsuits will not stop until Bayer makes a meaningful settlement offer."
Dallas-based Fears | Nachawati Law Firm represents individuals in mass tort litigation, businesses and governmental entities in contingent litigation and individual victims in complex personal injury litigation. The largest and most diverse products liability law firm in the nation, Fears | Nachawati was ranked No. 1 nationally in product liability filings in federal court over the last three years. For more information, visit https://www.fnlawfirm.com.
More on The Californer
- SOS Hydration Partners With Original 'Shark' Kevin Harrington
- San Francisco: Mayor Breed Announces Historic Relaunch of The City's LGBTQI+ Advisory Committee on Pride Week
- SkyWest Airlines and SJVC Relaunch Apprenticeship Program
- Mayor London Breed Celebrates Completion of San Francisco's New Seismically Safe Emergency Medical Services Station No. 49, Home of The City's Ambulance Fleet
- The Power of Three: Helios Bioelectronics, GattaCo, and iAssay Unite to Clobber Infectious Disease
SOURCE Fears Nachawati Law Firm
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- Hims & Hers Expands Hair Growth Offerings with Launch of Minoxidil 5% Foam
- Gamma Zeta Boulé Foundation Raises $190,000, Awards $83,000 in Scholarships to Eight Graduating Senior L.A.M.P. Mentor Program Mentees and Recognizes Three L.A.M.P. Mentees Selected as Boulé Scholars
- AdsWizz New Audio Attribution Solution Delivers Positive Results for Advertisers
- Cloud Gaming Market Size To Expand At 48.2% CAGR By 2027, Owing To Rising Investments In 5G Technology & Admittance To Several Games On Cloud At Reasonable Prices | Million Insights
- Infogain Recognized as 2nd Fastest Growing Company in Everest Group Engineering Services Top 50™ 2021
- thredUP Releases Its Ninth Annual Resale Report with First-Ever Impact Section
- Lamorinda Realtor Judy Sin Brokers Difficult Deal On Home With 2 Months Of Renovations Left
- As Mobile Usage Skyrockets, Nearly Half of Consumers Do Not Protect Personal Data
- California: Governor Newsom Declares State of Emergency for Madera and Mariposa Counties Due to January Wind Event
- Sintilimab in Combination with Chemotherapy Meets Overall Survival Primary Endpoint in the Global Phase 3 ORIENT-15 Study for the First-Line Treatment of Esophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Second Sight Medical Products Announces Pricing of Public Offering
- Maleimide Activated OVA-Peptide Conjugation Kit
- Meet Dr. Karen Tran-Harding - Creator, Host & Producer of MEDICAL HEROES
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed and Supervisor Rafael Mandelman Introduce Legislation to Expand LGBTQ Data Collection for City Employees and Applicants
- The Law Offices of Frank R. Cruz Announces Investigation of MicroStrategy Incorporated (MSTR) on Behalf of Investors
- Innovaccer Partners With Perception Health to Power Smart Referral Management With Predictive Analytics
- Top Executive from Under Armour Joins CEO Coaching International®
- Innovative Tour of the Elkhorn Slough
- Surface Optics Awarded NAVAIR SBIR Grant to Develop Multispectral Imaging System for Detectio
- San Jose: : Fireworks 'Just Not Worth It' – Celebrate Safely this Fourth of July