"We welcome the 125 warehouse workers and drivers to Local 63, and we will work hard to negotiate a strong first contract that addresses their issues, which include an end to favoritism, a fair pay structure and more affordable health insurance," said Randy Cammack, Secretary-Treasurer of Local 63 in Rialto. "More than ever, these essential, front-line workers deserve the security of a Teamsters contract during these challenging times."
"It feels real good to win. Now it will be about winning better benefits and respect from managers," said warehouse worker Raymond Ballard. "Every day, my coworkers and I would say to each other, 'it's in the bolsa,' to remind us it's in the bag."
"It was a long battle and we won both elections, but we still have a lot of work to do," said Fernando Cabera, a driver. "But with the Teamsters and my brothers working together, I know we can get it done."
More on The Californer
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Announces Improvements to Speed Up Affordable Housing Construction
- National School Bus Safety Week (Oct. 19–23) Promotes Safety Aspects of Yellow School Bus
- Deep Reality: Why Source Science May Be the Key to Understanding Human Potential
- SELA Collaborative Denounces Shortened Census Timeline and Expresses Appreciation for Regional Partnerships and Innovative Recruitment Strategies
- Subaru Vehicle Protection Plans from autopom! Include No-Fee Payment Options
"Organizing is more challenging during Covid-19, and I applaud the US Foods workers and Local 63 for these important victories," said Steve Vairma, Director of the Teamsters Warehouse Division. "These workers help their communities every day, and they need to have more security for themselves and for their families as Teamsters."
Founded in 1903, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters represents 1.4 million hardworking men and women throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Visit www.teamster.org for more information. Follow us on Twitter @Teamsters and "like" us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/teamsters.
Scott Berghoefer, (909) 877-4760
Brian Wood, (909) 877-4760
SOURCE Teamsters Local Union 63
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- Bakewell Media and Hyundai Join Forces To Produce Virtual Format For The 15th Annual Taste of Soul Los Angeles
- AutoQuotes Opens New Office in Atlanta
- Unit21 Raises $13 Million to Help Businesses Fight Financial Crime With No-Code Tools
- Local Health Center to Host Pop-up Halloween Flu Vaccine Clinic
- Whitechapel Holdings Launches PPE Website
- Startup Adds Zippers To Christmas Stockings To Bring People Together This Christmas
- Wright Williams & Kelly, Inc.'s CEO Interviewed by Startup.Info
- TVNET/WRLD1 launches Global Real Estate and Business / Finance / Investment group of Internet TV Networks
- New Study from NIH Finds Nicotinamide Riboside Helps Improve Telomere Dysfunction in Human Cells, Mice
- Konabos Launches Sitecore Content Hub Migration Service
- GlobalLogic Appoints Industry Veteran Rajaram Radhakrishnan as Chief Revenue Officer
- Private Placement Markets Expands its Operations to the Cayman Islands
- Debut Song Highlights Our Collective COVID Angst
- El Sushi Loco Chef Francisco Mendoza Featured On Tastemade
- GLAUDI by Johana Hernandez New Men's Collection "REY"
- Regional Mexican + Reggaeton artists come together :Gustavo Palafox, Brray, Grupo Sigma & Fue
- Yes On Prop 24 Campaign Announces Endorsements From CA Black Newspapers And Prominent Community Leaders Like The NAACP
- 20 Amino Acids Kit (19 L-amino acids + Glycine)
- Biotin BSA (Biotinylated Bovine Serum Albumin)
- Orangutan Caring Week Nov. 8-14, 2020