- Cervo Media Group Inc and Joe and Marva Brown Sign Co-Management Deal with World Jiu Jitsu Champion Jacob "The Bull" - 577
- THINKWARE Announces President's Day Dash Cam Deals
- Spectator Health Adds Surescripts Certification to its Senior Health Technology Platform
"I'm a born networker who lives to connect the dots between what makes others light up and how that motivates their giving," said Ms. Jurado. "I have spent my professional career leading program operations and supporting charitable giving campaigns, and I feel both well-prepared for and excited about my new position and journey with AbilityFirst."
Lori Gangemi, CEO of AbilityFirst, expressed her enthusiasm for Ms. Jurado's appointment: "Courtney's commitment and passion for growing charitable giving to important causes, like ours, is just one reason we are thrilled to have her join the executive team at AbilityFirst. We are confident that the depth and breadth of her skills will help us further meet the growing needs of people with developmental disabilities and their families."
More on The Californer
- Long Beach: Health Department Launches Substance Use Harm Reduction Program
- Pop-Up Talent's Milestone: 500th Client Adopts In-House Recruiter Model
- MEDIA ADVISORY - Building a Healthier New Jersey
- Mission Cloud Achieves the AWS Small and Medium Business Competency
- SALUTE TO SERVICE ADVANCES ASIAN VETERANS
AbilityFirst was originally conceived in 1926 by visionaries looking beyond disabilities and seeing children and capabilities. Today, it is distinguished by evidence-based services, exceptional leadership and management, long standing experience and community roots, as well as outcomes-based program evaluation with measurable results.
The appointment of Courtney Jurado came after an extensive search process led by the AbilityFirst search committee in conjunction with Envision Consulting--a nonprofit consulting firm based in Los Angeles specializing in executive search, organizational strategy, merger exploration and executive leadership transitions. Envision was named by Women of Color in Fundraising & Philanthropy as a Top 10 Search Firm that Works for Women of Color in 2023; additionally Hunt Scanlon named them a Top 60 Executive Search Firms Serving the Nonprofit Sector in 2022.
Courtney Jurado has joined AbilityFirst as Chief Development Officer after an extensive recruitment process led by the AbilityFirst search committee in conjunction with Envision Consulting--a nonprofit consulting firm based in Los Angeles specializing in executive search, organizational strategy, merger exploration and executive leadership transitions which has been recognized for its commitment to DEI practices including inclusive surveys & stakeholder interviews; focus groups; structured hiring processes; anti-biased decision making; among others.
More on The Californer
- Long Beach Health Department Launches Brush, Book, Bed to Promote Healthy Dental Habits for Children
- Torres Trade Law Recognized in the Chambers Texas Regional Spotlight Guide for 2024
- Live Courageously Podcast Show with John Duffy and Guest, Director Ted Shred
- Live Courageously Podcast Show with John Duffy and Guest Craig Stilley
- California: TODAY: Governor Newsom to Sign Climate Partnership with Sweden
Ms. Jurado brings over 15 years' experience leading programs & charitable giving campaigns & managing events to her new role at AbilityFirst along with a post-graduate certificate in Nonprofit Management from Duke University & most recently served as Executive Director of Susan G Komen Foundation helping lead fight against Breast Cancer while building strong culture of philanthropy throughout organization.
Lori Gangemi CEO expressed enthusiasm for Ms Jurado's appointment "Courtney's commitment & passion for growing charitable giving to important causes like ours is just one reason we are thrilled to have her join executive team at AbilityFirst We are confident that depth & breadth of her skills will help us further meet growing needs of people with developmental disabilities & their families"
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- Miro Introduces Enterprise Guard™ to Protect Sensitive and Confidential Content, and Support Essential Compliance and Security USA - English USA - Deutsch APAC - English USA - English
- Sansu Ramsey receives International Women's Day Honors for 2024
- ChargePoint Collaborates with Product Development and Manufacturing Leaders AcBel and Kinpo, Improving Cost Structure and Time to Market
- The Sukuta Foundation, Inc.: FREE Virtual Laser Career Expo, April 26, 2024, 11:00am
- Kitman Labs and Fulham FC Expand Data & Analytics Accord
- Skydio and Aeroarc Partner to Advance Support for Government Customers in the Region
- California: Governor Newsom Secures Presidential Major Disaster Declaration to Support Storm Recovery Efforts in San Diego
- TVS Television Network Returns to Basketball Coverage With NABL 3 on 3 Series
- City of Long Beach Issues Rain Advisory Due to Recent Showers
- Ami Miller Stars in Hilarious New Show "Responsibility Island"
- California Music Hall of Fame and Museum to Honor Iconic Americana Singer-Songwriter Gary Green
- Cryptsoft licenses KMIP (Key Management Interoperability Protocol) to xFusion Digital Technologies for use in Baseboard Management Controllers
- Delirious Comedy Club Is Moving And We Want You To Join Us In Downtown Las Vegas
- HIDEKI MATSUYAMA WINS THE 2024 GENESIS INVITATIONAL
- Simplify Your ACA Form e-Filing to the IRS with Our ez1095 Video Tutorial
- Silicon Private Wealth Expands Its Ownership Group in 2024
- Dr. Woojin Joo, Qme Internal Medicine in Los Angeles
- California: Governor Newsom Proclaims A Day of Remembrance: Japanese American Evacuation 2024
- InventHelp Inventors Develop New Unclogging Device for Sinks (RSD-180)
- California Music Hall of Fame Inducts Iconic "Outlaw Folksinger" Gary Green