- NEE INVESTOR NOTICE: Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Announces that NextEra Energy, Inc. Investors with Substantial Losses Have Opportunity to Lead the NextEra Energy Class Action Lawsuit
- New York Komedians Presents an Evening of Laughs at Broadway
- TalentEarth Studios Partners with Product Signals to Empower Game Development
"I'm a born networker who lives to connect the dots between what makes others light up and how that motivates their giving," said Ms. Jurado. "I have spent my professional career leading program operations and supporting charitable giving campaigns, and I feel both well-prepared for and excited about my new position and journey with AbilityFirst."
Lori Gangemi, CEO of AbilityFirst, expressed her enthusiasm for Ms. Jurado's appointment: "Courtney's commitment and passion for growing charitable giving to important causes, like ours, is just one reason we are thrilled to have her join the executive team at AbilityFirst. We are confident that the depth and breadth of her skills will help us further meet the growing needs of people with developmental disabilities and their families."
More on The Californer
- SHAREHOLDER ACTION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in Funko, Inc. with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- Capehart Pops Orchestra Featured Harmonica Soloist C J Oldis Drops First Four Singles Via Streaming
- Live Courageously Podcast Show with John Duffy With Guest Director and Producer Michael Mike
- A Spooktacular Twist: A Company Picnic Unveils Five New Themes for a Halloween Picnic!
- The World's First Credit Card Dedicated to Diamond Ownership
AbilityFirst was originally conceived in 1926 by visionaries looking beyond disabilities and seeing children and capabilities. Today, it is distinguished by evidence-based services, exceptional leadership and management, long standing experience and community roots, as well as outcomes-based program evaluation with measurable results.
The appointment of Courtney Jurado came after an extensive search process led by the AbilityFirst search committee in conjunction with Envision Consulting--a nonprofit consulting firm based in Los Angeles specializing in executive search, organizational strategy, merger exploration and executive leadership transitions. Envision was named by Women of Color in Fundraising & Philanthropy as a Top 10 Search Firm that Works for Women of Color in 2023; additionally Hunt Scanlon named them a Top 60 Executive Search Firms Serving the Nonprofit Sector in 2022.
Courtney Jurado has joined AbilityFirst as Chief Development Officer after an extensive recruitment process led by the AbilityFirst search committee in conjunction with Envision Consulting--a nonprofit consulting firm based in Los Angeles specializing in executive search, organizational strategy, merger exploration and executive leadership transitions which has been recognized for its commitment to DEI practices including inclusive surveys & stakeholder interviews; focus groups; structured hiring processes; anti-biased decision making; among others.
More on The Californer
- Couchbase Announces New Employee Inducement Grants
- Long Beach Public Library's Digital Library Offers 21st Century Skill-Building and Access to a Wide Variety of Free Business Resources
- NextEra Energy Investors: July 25, 2023 Filing Deadline in Securities Class Action – Contact Lieff Cabraser
- Here Be Dragons at Pirates Dinner Adventure
- Discover "Loaded Angel": A Gripping Novel of Love, Crime, and Murder
Ms. Jurado brings over 15 years' experience leading programs & charitable giving campaigns & managing events to her new role at AbilityFirst along with a post-graduate certificate in Nonprofit Management from Duke University & most recently served as Executive Director of Susan G Komen Foundation helping lead fight against Breast Cancer while building strong culture of philanthropy throughout organization.
Lori Gangemi CEO expressed enthusiasm for Ms Jurado's appointment "Courtney's commitment & passion for growing charitable giving to important causes like ours is just one reason we are thrilled to have her join executive team at AbilityFirst We are confident that depth & breadth of her skills will help us further meet growing needs of people with developmental disabilities & their families"
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- EPA Clean School Bus Funding Grant Application Assistance Now Available from BYD
- Mix Engineer Rob Chiarelli Continues Billboard Gospel Charts Success with "All Things"
- City of Long Beach Announces Departure of Animal Care Services Bureau Manager Staycee Dains as She Accepts Position as General Manager of Los Angeles Animal Services
- California: Governor Newsom Proclaims LGBTQ+ Pride Month 2023
- Trump Bus Tour sponsored by Legacy PAC will roll into the Georgia GOP State convention June 9th and 10th Columbus Georgia
- Pettit Kohn Welcomes Esteemed Attorney John E. Drazkowski to the Arizona Team
- Forge Global CFO to Present at the Upcoming 43rd Annual William Blair Growth Stock Conference
- Leading Business Events Management Company, PRA Acquires Weil & Associates
- TVS Television Network In Production for 'Music Movie' No Mas With Principal Shooting in New Mexico
- "Sensory VoiceHub 2.0: Rapid Custom Voice UI Dev & Prototyping with Generative AI"
- California: Illegal Book Bans: Governor Newsom, Attorney General Bonta, and State Superintendent Thurmond Warn Against Book Bans Statewide
- INshed Now Offers Nationwide Shipping of Fully-Assembled, Eco-Friendly Backyard Offices
- Canada's Wildfires Are A Sign Of The Times; Dealing With Their Aftermath
- MB2 Entertainment to offer summer-long Backyard BBQ specials
- Water.Bodies.Land brings leading Bay Area artists together in celebration of the black female body – Live At Somarts – July 14 & 15
- Entrinsik Appoints Madhavi W. Chandra as Chief Product Officer
- Golden Ticket Productions Launches New Website
- "On the Los Angeles Road" with Earl Ofari Hutchinson Presents Fascinating Exploration of Los Angeles
- Perfect Ffit: the new mobile game that puts your timing and strategy skills to the test. Can you get a Perfect Fit?
- BRIAN MAY + FRIENDS: "STAR FLEET PROJECT" Special 40th Anniversary Edition