- Financial Solutions Inc. Receives the 2020 Best of Sheridan Wyoming Award
- Ziggurat Technologies' Zivolve™ is Now Available for Android Users on the Google Play Store, Revolutionizing Mobile Investing Beyond the Apple iOS App
- The Business Consultant behind The First Black-owned BP
"Our investigators and Angiocrine are honored to be selected by ASH to present at its annual meeting this December," commented Paul Finnegan, MD, Angiocrine CEO. "We look forward to Dr. Michael Scordo's presentation of AB-205's efficacy and safety results from our Phase 1b/2 study as well as preparing for the upcoming Phase 3 registration study for this indication."
Session Name: 723. Clinical Allogeneic and Autologous Transplantation: Late Complications and Approaches to Disease Recurrence I
Session Date: Saturday, December 5, 2020
Session Time: 7:30 AM - 9:00 AM ET
Presentation Time: 7:45 AM ET
About Severe Regimen-Related Toxicities
High-dose therapy and autologous hematopoietic cell transplantation is considered a standard-of-care method to cure aggressive systemic lymphoma. High dose therapy effectively eradicates cancer cells but also damages healthy tissue, which can lead to severe toxicities. Most affected is the lining of the oral-gastrointestinal (GI) tract. The oral GI tract renews its mucosal lining every 3 to 7 days. Because of the collateral damage from high dose chemotherapy, the oral GI tract loses its ability to renew its lining, leading to inflammation (mucositis) and breakdown, causing nausea, vomiting and diarrhea that are refractory to available medications and require prolonged hospitalization. Severe oral GI toxicities can occur as frequently as 50% and cause profound misery to patients. The rates and severity increase with age and, thus, many older patients are turned away from the curative high dose therapy due to the risks of severe toxicities.
More on The Californer
- Ask Sharifah Hosts Special Virtual Birthday Party in Celebration of Sharifah Hardie's 45th Birthday
- The Hottest Virtual Concert Tickets in the world The 2021 Inaugural Gospel Celebration
- Carbon Health Launches COVID-19 Vaccination Platform to Accelerate National Rollout
- Thirteen MBK Senior Living Communities Receive "2021 Best of Senior Living" Distinction
- Grassroots Advocacy Group Urges Biden Administration to Appoint a Doctoral Level Mental Health Professional to Lead SAMHSA
AB-205 represents a new and unique approach to repairing damaged tissue through advanced cell-and-gene therapy. AB-205 consists of allogeneic (off-the shelf) 'universal' E-CEL® (human engineered cord endothelial) cells. Intravenous AB-205 is given after chemotherapy/radiation (high-dose therapy) conditioning and on the same day as autologous transplant. AB-205's immediate action repairs damaged tissue and thereby prevents (reduces) the extent of breakdown of tissues, which is the root cause of severe toxicities experienced by patients. Reducing or preventing severe toxicities means better quality of life and shorter stay in the hospital—i.e., savings to the healthcare system. AB-205 was recently granted both the Regenerative Medicine Advanced Therapy (RMAT) Designation and Orphan Drug Designation (ODD) by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Angiocrine is actively planning to advance AB-205 into a multi-center single registration Phase 3 trial based on the results of the Phase 1b/2 study.
About Angiocrine Bioscience, Inc.
Angiocrine Bioscience is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing a radically new way to biologically repair damaged and diseased tissues and organs. Based on its novel and proprietary E-CEL® platform, Angiocrine is developing multiple E-CEL therapies designed to repair damaged tissue from age-related degenerative disease of the musculoskeletal system; immune diseases that attack vessels, and ischemic diseases involving soft tissue, central nervous system and the heart.
More on The Californer
- Harborside Inc. Announces Departure of Chief Operating Officer, Greg Sutton
- The Law Offices of Frank R. Cruz Reminds Investors of Looming Deadline in the Class Action Lawsuit Against Triterras, Inc. f/k/a Netfin Acquisition Corp. (TRIT, TRITW)
- Mayor London Breed Announces Release of Five-Year Financial Plan for the City and County of San Francisco
- San Jose: San José Officials Reappoint Independent Police Auditor
- California: Governor Newsom Issues Proclamation Declaring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day 1.15.21
For additional information, please contact:
Angiocrine Bioscience, Inc.
John R. Jaskowiak
SOURCE Angiocrine Bioscience, Inc.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- Aviation Capital Group Announces Closing of $750 Million of Senior Unsecured Notes
- Community Psychiatry Appoints Christopher Brengard As Chief Executive Officer
- Former CEO & Founder of Five Star Custom Foods, Acquired by Cargill, Joins CEO Coaching International
- Thiel College names Terry Eddy to Board of Trustees
- Is the Beach So Last Year?
- Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy Files Lawsuit Against Bank of America for Allegedly Failing to Protect the Accounts of Thousands of Unemployed Californians
- Aruba ClearPass Security Portfolio Receives Coveted Cyber Catalyst℠ Designation
- Asia-Pacific Contact Center Applications Market to See Buoyant Growth, Thanks to Analytics
- Consolidated Contracting Forms "Consolidated Building Health" Division to Effectively Control the Spread of Diseases in Senior Living Communities
- HAGENS BERMAN, NATIONAL TRIAL ATTORNEYS, Investigating Eos Energy Enterprises (EOSE) For Possible Securities Fraud in Light of Analyst Questions About Company's Customers, Encourages EOSE Investors to Contact Its Attorneys Now
- Motivational Fitness Radio Station Launches Hip Hop Rock
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 1.14.21
- San Jose: Media Advisory: Volunteers put the Community in Community Service
- 607th Consecutive Common Stock Monthly Dividend Declared By Realty Income
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Additional Security Actions in Advance of Presidential Inauguration
- "Diamond Fuji" to be Seen from TOKYO SKYTREE in February
- California: Governor Newsom Launches Transparency, Accountability and Assistance Measures in the State's Safe Schools for All Plan
- Port of Los Angeles Cargo Reaches 9.2 Million TEUs in 2020
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Announces $25 Million Early Education Economic Recovery Program
- Mayor London Breed Nominates Assessor Carmen Chu as San Francisco City Administrator