Armando M. Quintero, 64, of San Rafael, has been appointed Director of the California Department of Parks and Recreation. Quintero has been Executive Director of the Sierra Nevada Research Institute at the University of California, Merced since 2015, where he was Director of Development from 2008 to 2014. He was an independent Environmental Educator from 1998 to 2008. Quintero held multiple positions at the U.S. National Park Service from 1977 to 1998, including Chief of the Special Park Uses Group and District Ranger at the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, Personnel Staffing Specialist for the National Park Service, Park Ranger and Supervisory Park Ranger at the Point Reyes National Seashore and Park Ranger at the Sequoia National Park and at the John Muir National Historic Site. Quintero is a member of the California Water Commission and the Marin Municipal Water District Board of Directors. This position requires Senate confirmation and the compensation is $186,389. Quintero is a Democrat.
More on The Californer
- 50/50 Leadership To Have Second Round Of Interns For Our Youth Leadership Program
- Seniors Urged To Prepare Early For Medicare Annual Enrollment Season
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Announces Groundbreaking of First 100% Affordable Housing Complex on Treasure Island
- California: Governor Newsom Issues Proclamation Declaring POW/MIA Recognition Day 9.18.20
- Massive Releases New SUMMOXL 6.5 & 8 Inch Subwoofers
Shanice Orum, 42, of Vacaville, has been appointed to the State Interagency Coordinating Council on Early Intervention. Orum has been a Program Administrator for the Child Care Program in the Community Care Licensing Division at the California Department of Social Services since 2017, where she has held several positions since 2007, including Bureau Chief and Policy Manager. Orum earned a Master of Public Administration degree from Golden Gate University. This position does not require Senate confirmation and there is no compensation. Orum is a Democrat.
Lisa Witchey, 42, of El Dorado Hills, has been appointed to the State Interagency Coordinating Council on Early Intervention. Witchey has been Bureau Chief for Resources Development and Training Support at the California Department of Social Services since 2017, where she was Bureau Chief for Operation and Evaluation from 2015 to 2017. Witchey was Personnel Services Manager at the Emergency Medical Services Authority from 2012 to 2015. She was Senior Liaison at the State Compensation Insurance Fund from 2006 to 2012, where she was Assistant Claims Manager from 2005 to 2006. She earned a Master of Public Administration degree in leadership from California State University, Northridge. This position does not require Senate confirmation and there is no compensation. Witchey is a Democrat.
Latest on The Californer
- 'Sensual' is Out and Fans Go Ecstatic Seeing Heather Fay at Her Best
- Hip Hop Recording Artist PBE Pluto Breaks New Release 'Soak Up the Drip' on Sirius XM Shade 45
- Hit Series "now With Natalie" By Hillsong Channel Launches A New Season On Youtube 19 September 2020
- Daniel Vaswani, Criminal Defense Attorney, reflects on Fans Booing NFL Players Standing in Unity
- Why Maxine Waters is Afraid to Debate Joe Collins
- SELA Collaborative Partners with Local Nonprofits to Disburse $1.6 Million in Grant Funding to Assist Undocumented Community Impacted by COVID-19
- Governor Newsom Signs Bill Extending Job-Protected Family Leave to Nearly 6 Million Californians
- Greenshine New Energy Develops the Most Authoritative, Unbiased Guide to Solar Lighting
- Premier Workspaces Steps in to Manage Newport Beach Coworking Space
- Wild Weekend Planned for Int'l Wild Bunch Film Fest in Willcox Arizona, Oct 2/4
- Bettermeant Health and Sling Health Partner to Bring Modernized Clinical Care Operations to Military and Government Health Systems to Fight Health-Team Burnout
- ViridisChem expands its market reach with key distribution partnership in South Korea
- Governor Newsom Signs Legislation to Protect California's Workforce Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic
- AUA announces Master of Public Health Collaboration with FIU Stempel College to allow students to pursue both medical and public health degrees
- AcadianKitchens.com Launches With Free Shipping on the Best Cajun Food in the Country
- SportLogic, Inc. Announces Launch of New Website at www.SportLogicInc.com
- Cheap Car Insurance: Is it Too Good to Be True?
- Mama Cleo Delivers "It Ain't Easy" for "Corona Diaries" Compilation at Big Fuss Records
- Emerald Escapes Receives the 2020 Best of Spring Texas Award
- DeskProto® releases free CAM software for Linux