- Celebrate Earth Day on a wine-filled adventure along the Shawangunk Wine Trail!
- California: State Reaffirms Right to Contraceptive Care
- Long-Term Care Insurance Expert Shares Annuity Planning Strategy
Sarah Brooks has been appointed Chief Deputy Director of Health Care Programs at the California Department of Health Care Services. She has been Managing Director at Sellers Dorsey since 2021 and has held several positions there since 2020. Prior to that, she was Deputy Director at the Department of Health Care Services from 2015 to 2020. She also served as Chief of the Managed Care Quality and Monitoring Division from 2014 to 2015 and Chief of the Program Monitoring and Medical Policy Branch from 2012 to 2014. Before that, she was Assistant Director of Policy at the California Association of Public Hospitals and Health Systems from 2007 to 2012. She also worked as Region C Director for the National Association of Social Workers – California Chapter from 2009 to 2011. Brooks holds a Master of Social Work degree from University of California, Berkeley and a Bachelor of Social Work degree from University of Kansas. This position requires Senate confirmation and comes with a compensation package worth $209,712. Brooks is a Democrat.
More on The Californer
- Location3 Honored with 2024 Inc. Regionals Award
- Safecamp Audio Launches Innerviews, New Foster Care Podcast
- Veryon brings AI-powered solutions to PBEXPO in Miami
- New horizons for Virtual Pets Fans
- EARN ALLIANCE INTRODUCES FIRST-IN-MARKET WEB3 GAMING DISCOVERY PLATFORM THAT REWARDS GAMERS, AND PROVIDES "ENGAGEMENT AS A SERVICE" SOLUTION FOR DEVELOPERS
Madelynn McClain has been appointed Deputy Director of Real Estate Services at the California Department of General Services. She served as Chief Financial Officer at the Department since 2023 prior to her appointment. She also held several roles at the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation from 2020 to 2023 including Deputy Director in Office Fiscal Services and Associate Director in Budget Management Branch. Prior to that she was Principal Program Budget Analyst at Department Finance from 2017-2020; Fiscal Supervisor at Judicial Council California from 2015-2017; Finance Budget Analyst at Department Finance 2003-2015. This position does not require Senate confirmation with a compensation package worth $192,228; McClain is a Democrat by party affiliation.
Felix Yip has been appointed back into his previous role on Medical Board California where he served between 2013-2022 & 2003 respectively; he is currently CEO & Urologist Felix Chi-Ming Yip MD Inc since 1987 & Clinical Professor Urology University Southern California Keck School Medicine since 2013 & University California Irvine School Medicine since 2023; he is member American Board Urology & American Urological Association; he holds Doctor Medicine degree University Wisconsin School Medicine Public Health; Master Business Administration Healthcare Management University California Irvine & Bachelor Science Molecular Biology University Wisconsin; this position requires Senate confirmation with compensation package worth $100 per diem; Yip registered without party preference
Latest on The Californer
- MashUp presents 8th Annual International Women's Day Dance Festival
- Rocky Michaels releases his latest official music video, 'Seasons'
- City Encourages Long Beach Residents Enrolled in the U.S. Affordable Connectivity Program to Review Internet Bill as Program Funding Nears Completion
- Yours Humanly to Hold 7th Annual Gift of Schooling Gala, March 9, Blackhawk Museum
- Cal Lutheran Professor Named Inaugural Faculty Fellow
- TriCo Bancshares Announces Increase in Quarterly Cash Dividend
- City of Long Beach Launches Sidewalk to Success Program to Support Business Development
- Landis+Gyr and SPAN Announce Partnership to Unlock Electrification and DER Flexibility at the Grid Edge USA - English USA - English
- City to Host, Fund 2024 Long Beach Pride Parade
- Star Wars' The Mandalorian & Grogu to be Filmed in California Through the State's Film and TV Tax Credit Program
- California Sees Significant Increase in Applications to Join CHP
- Salem News Channel Host Mike Gallagher to Broadcast from Israel
- Vantiva Demonstrates One of the First Carrier-Grade Wi-Fi 7 Extenders and Advanced 5G FWA CPE at Mobile World Congress 2024
- Metro Commercial Brokers Deal Brings Puttshack to The Shops at Liberty Place
- Flourish Ventures Promotes Investment Leads in India and LatAm; Strengthens Bench in US and Africa with New Hires USA - English MEXICO - Spanish India - Hindi BRAZIL - Portuguese USA - English
- "LIBERTYLAND" Echoes January 6 in a Gripping Tale of Terror and the Quest for American Ideals
- CCHR and Electroshock Survivors Reject Psychiatric Apology for Tortured Children
- B. Riley Securities to Host Radiopharma Investor Conference in New York on March 1, 2024
- Legion Partners Sends Letter to Twilio Board of Directors
- Meredith Thomas Selected as Master of Ceremonies for International Women's Day Gala for 2024