- NEE INVESTOR NOTICE: Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Announces that NextEra Energy, Inc. Investors with Substantial Losses Have Opportunity to Lead the NextEra Energy Class Action Lawsuit
- New York Komedians Presents an Evening of Laughs at Broadway
- TalentEarth Studios Partners with Product Signals to Empower Game Development
Milk found a thriving LGBTQ+ community that faced widespread hostility and had no voice in government. He organized his community and extended a hand to others, working with labor and civil rights activists who were all struggling for justice. This led to him becoming one of the first openly gay elected officials in the United States and the first openly gay person elected in California when he won a seat on San Francisco's Board of Supervisors in 1977.
More on The Californer
- SHAREHOLDER ACTION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in Funko, Inc. with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- Capehart Pops Orchestra Featured Harmonica Soloist C J Oldis Drops First Four Singles Via Streaming
- Live Courageously Podcast Show with John Duffy With Guest Director and Producer Michael Mike
- A Spooktacular Twist: A Company Picnic Unveils Five New Themes for a Halloween Picnic!
- The World's First Credit Card Dedicated to Diamond Ownership
Milk stood firm in his belief that freedom and dignity should extend to all human beings, regardless of sexual orientation or identity, at great personal risk. He was tragically assassinated just a year into his term on the Board of Supervisors. His legacy lives on through laws and policies that protect the LGBTQ+ community and through generations of activists inspired by him.
Governor Newsom stated that Harvey Milk's legacy remains salient as ever amid relentless attacks targeting our LGBTQ+ community in the United States and around the world. He declared that California stands firmly with the LGBTQ+ community in the fight for equality, freedom, and acceptance for all.
Filed Under: Government, State
Latest on The Californer
- Long Beach Advancing Peace Hosts Leaders of Violence Prevention Symposium
- Harness Recognized With Highest Scores in CI/CD and Platform Capabilities Evaluation Among Top Integrated Software Delivery Platforms
- Rio Tinto U.S. Borax becomes first open pit mine to transition to renewable diesel
- Pokemon Home Error Code 9012: Comprehensive Troubleshooting Guide to Regain Access
- Calvetta Phair, CEO of America's Workforce Solution, LLC, accepted into the Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center, 'Milestone Circles' Program
- Lagree Fitness and VersaClimber Partner to Revolutionize the Fitness Industry
- CareTrust REIT Acquires Two Memory Care Facilities with Experienced Operator
- Australian Battery Recycling Technology Startup Advances Its Innovative Battery Metals Recovery Process
- California: What They're Saying: Governor Newsom's Proposals to Build More, Faster
- California: Governor Newsom Announces $16 Million to Support Farmworker Homeownership
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Announces it is Investigating Claims Against SentinelOne, Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses to Contact the Firm
- Life360 to Participate in Upcoming Investor Conference
- Long Beach: Community Invited to Provide Input on Updated Subdivision Ordinance
- City Seeks Partners to Support Long Beach Collaboratory Smart City Initiative Program
- bisco industries becomes UL-Registered in Processed Wire
- EPA Clean School Bus Funding Grant Application Assistance Now Available from BYD
- Mix Engineer Rob Chiarelli Continues Billboard Gospel Charts Success with "All Things"
- City of Long Beach Announces Departure of Animal Care Services Bureau Manager Staycee Dains as She Accepts Position as General Manager of Los Angeles Animal Services
- California: Governor Newsom Proclaims LGBTQ+ Pride Month 2023
- Trump Bus Tour sponsored by Legacy PAC will roll into the Georgia GOP State convention June 9th and 10th Columbus Georgia