- Leonardo Defense Systems receives new investment and expands Team
- Unveiling Puptqe: First-Ever Dog Bar Opening in Temecula Promenade This November
- Latest 8x8 Research Reveals IT and Contact Center Leaders Embrace Conversational AI or Fear Falling Behind
According to the Missing Persons Act, more than 81,000 American service personnel remain missing from World War II, the Korean and Vietnam wars, Gulf wars, and the war in Afghanistan combined. Some were prisoners of war taken captive and never returned to us. Others remain missing in action.
The Department of Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency has identified and accounted for 483 Americans since 2019 – including 101 thus far in 2023 – and continues to navigate the lengthy and often complex process of bringing these service members home. The agency works with great dedication and diligence in seeking answers for their loved ones.
More on The Californer
- AHF Honors and Remembers Senator Dianne Feinstein
- Save the Date! Long Beach to Host Festive Street Parade in Celebration of Día de Los Muertos
- TVS Flashback Network Adds Love American Style, Operation Petticoat, and Murphy Brown to Fall Sked
- IEI Releases AFL4-EHL Series Panel PC to Provide Versatile, Cost-effective Solutions
- AETH and BTOP, Two First-of-their-Kind Ethereum Futures ETFs From Bitwise, Intend to Launch October 2
POW/MIA Recognition Day was established in 1979 due to activism from families of missing Vietnam War service members. The POW/MIA flag is displayed at government buildings, businesses, and homes throughout California as a reminder of our country's duty to remember those who serve and do all we can to account for those who have not returned.
Governor Newsom stated that "We pledge to honor these brave souls and their families, and reaffirm the enduring promise 'You Are Not Forgotten'" on this day of recognition.
Latest on The Californer
- AMAZON TEAMSTERS PICKET TWO L.A. WAREHOUSES OVER UNFAIR LABOR PRACTICES
- California: Governor Newsom on the Passing of U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein
- Mission Cloud Named to 2023 Best Workplaces in Technology List
- Bitwise Files Form 8-As for Two New Ethereum Futures ETFs, AETH and BTOP; Funds Intend To Begin Trading on Monday, October 2
- Step Up Announces Return of Inspiration Awards
- Global Luxury Value Exchange, Idoneus, Transitions to 100% IDON Transactions
- Swiss-Based Enclustra Announces US Operations in San Diego to Realize the Full Potential of Embedded Chip Technologies
- Faraday Future Announces its Outline for October FF 91 2.0 Deliveries as Part of its Ongoing 'Delivery Co-Creation Day' Plan and Provides Business Update
- Long Beach Showcases Key Growth Opportunities in City's Emerging Business Sectors at Inaugural Grow Long Beach Presentation
- Atrium 916 to Launch Zero Waste Mobile Art Cafe- with Sunset Paint & Sip on the River
- 'The Music Box' by Joanna Thorn
- USA Green Card Celebrates the State Department's Historic Inclusion of the UK in the DV-2025 Green Card Lottery
- Oxnard College's Camarillo-Based Fire Academy Opens New Facility
- You're invited to Monogram International's booth (#265) at New York Toy Fair
- RBB Bancorp Announces Termination of Agreement to Acquire Gateway Bank, F.S.B.
- Yo Egg to Unveil Exclusive Plant-Based Quail-Sized Egg at the Vkind Experience
- The Law Offices of Frank R. Cruz Announces Investigation of GigaCloud Technology Inc. (GCT) on Behalf of Investors
- California Increases Minimum Wage, Protections for Fast-Food Workers
- Do Grandparents Make Good Parents?
- RNA and DNA Endonuclease from Serratia marcescens