- Are Scary Movies Mentally Designed By The Horrific Environment Within Society: New Premiere Smile
- Sensoria Health & Defender announce availability of first smart diabetic boot with remote patient monitoring
- Pacific Surfliner Service Temporarily Suspended South of Irvine Station
The text of the proclamation and a copy can be found
During Latino Heritage Month, we honor and celebrate the immeasurable contributions and unique stories of Latinos, California's largest ethnic group. Californians know that our strength and prosperity lie in our state's diversity, including the 15.6 million Latino Californians with roots that can be traced across the Americas, Indigenous communities of Latin America and Africa, and beyond.
Our Latino community has always been and will always be deeply rooted in California's history, identity and success. From the state's beginnings to the present day, generations of Latinos helped build our state as we know it and shaped our social, political and economic landscapes. Across all facets of society, Latino Californians contribute to our state's vibrancy and growth every day.
More on The Californer
- Colorado's Largest Witch Festival, "WitchFest", October 21-22
- New Smart Mouse uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Voice Recognition Technology to Improve Business Productivity
- GLASSDOOR APPOINTS DANNY GUILLORY AS CHIEF PEOPLE OFFICER
- One Mind at Work, Columbia University Mental Health + Work Design Lab, and Ethisphere announce the Mental Health at Work Index™, the first of its kind comprehensive strategy to not only measure but also improve and innovate workplace mental health
- Wastewater Facilities Turn to Greasezilla® for Upstream Fats, Oils & Grease Solution and Revenue Generation
We also recognize the persistent disparities and disproportionate challenges that Latino communities face, and recommit to our work to help all Californians thrive. Our state has made historic strides to expand access to health care coverage, advance major investments in educational equity and affordable housing and provide unprecedented relief for Californians hit hardest by the pandemic, among other targeted investments and efforts.
With bold action and inclusive policies to expand opportunity across the board, push back against the forces of hate and advance our collective progress, California will continue to lead the march towards equality and prosperity for all.
Throughout the year, but especially during Latino Heritage Month, let us lift up the past, present and future contributions of Latinos to our California story.
NOW THEREFORE I, GAVIN NEWSOM, Governor of the State of California, do hereby proclaim September 15 to October 15, 2022, as "Latino Heritage Month."
IN WITNESS WHEREOF I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Great Seal of the State of California to be affixed this 15th day of September 2022.
Governor of California
SHIRLEY N. WEBER, Ph.D.
Secretary of State
Latest on The Californer
- Jumio Wins Double Gold in the 10th Annual 2022 CEO World Awards®
- Cohesity Appoints Karen Egan Chief Customer Experience Officer
- ezPaycheck Payroll Software Offers Small Business An Efficient Way to Process Employee Paychecks
- Samsung Electronics Unveils Plans for 1.4nm Process Technology and Investment for Production Capacity at Samsung Foundry Forum 2022
- LEVVELS Inc. introduces MOMENTICA, the future of fandom engagement around the globe through one-of-a-kind digital collectibles
- Local Entrepreneur to Appear on New Reality Show on the BLKGTV App
- BlueSpark Energy Wins the 2022 Oil & Gas Cleantech Challenge
- Nihon Kohden Announced the Release of Life Scope® G7 Patient Monitor
- California Entrepreneur Uses AI Technology To Create Stunning, Lifelike Artwork
- LIFE: The Shyan Selah Show Podcast to be Streamed on Fox Soul/Tubi
- San Jose: : City of San José Announces October Online Creativity Challenge
- Take a Helicopter Ride and Peer Down at the Splendors of Autumn Engulfing Nikko, Japan's Lake Chuzenji!
- 'Man Of The Hour' Releases The 2nd Annual Digital Print Magazine
- San Jose: San José Prevails Again in Federal Court on Groundbreaking Law to Reduce Gun Harm
- 14th Annual Hola Mexico Film Festival Presented by Toyota to close with the film "Enfermo Amor"
- Next-generation Supply Chain Resilience from SiliconExpert to Debut at Electronica 2022
- The Helen Knoll Foundation Announces the #PinkOut for Prevention Campaign
- ArborWorks Announces the Appointment of Karla Wahlgren to the Position of VP of Corporate Operations
- Gordon Judd Joins Nationwide Boiler as New Business Development Executive
- California: Bills, Bills, Bills