- Mystic Braves' Julian Ducatenzeiler Chosen to Score Silent Film
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Signs Legislation to Launch $10.9 Million Grant Program for Small Businesses
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 4.9.21
"In the wake of three tragic mass shootings and daily gun violence that devastates families but rarely makes the news, President Biden is taking necessary, life-saving federal action to curb the gun violence crisis that plagues our country and claims nearly 40,000 lives a year. I applaud his orders to diminish the proliferation of untraceable 'ghost guns,' invest in violence intervention and regulate the trade and trafficking of illegal firearms.
"These actions will save lives and reduce needless loss and suffering across the country.
"California is proud to have the strongest gun laws in the nation, including pioneering statewide protections approved by voters in Proposition 63 to ban possession of large-capacity ammunition magazines and require background checks to keep ammunition out of the hands of dangerous people. Since assuming office, I've signed multiple bills aimed at reducing gun violence, including strengthening gun violence restraining orders and regulating the sale of firearms and ammunition.
More on The Californer
- Atrium Raises $13.5 Million to Revolutionize Data-Driven Sales Management
- CHAMIE is 'heating it up for everyone' early this year with new summer single!
- Premier Workspaces Capitalizes on Industry Distress, Plans to Add 100 Shared Workspace Locations
- agilon health Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #155 - COVID-19 Response and Recovery
"I also worked with the Legislature to accelerate the regulation of 'ghost guns' to crack down on the use of untraceable firearms by criminals. Because of California's commitment to meaningful gun safety laws, we have one of the lowest firearm injury death rates in the country.
"California has led the nation in passing gun safety laws. We are grateful to now have a partner in the White House who knows we can – and must – do more to end gun violence."
Latest on The Californer
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Announces it is Investigating Claims Against Canaan Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- New Homes Coming to the Santa Clarita Valley with IHP Capital Partners' Land Sale to Lennar Homes
- New Book "Educating Marston" Provides Hope for Anyone Struggling to Find Answers Raising a Child with Autism
- Distroller World Releases New Generation X-Clusive Nerlie Bobbol Goms
- The Miguel Wilson Collection celebrates the grand opening of its New York City location
- San Francisco to Reopen and Expand Additional Businesses and Activities
- 'Sommet Dame' Introduces New Editor-in-Chief
- Power Plus Productions® Announces Expansion with New Offices in Salt Lake City, Utah
- Terri Ross, Renowned Practice Consultant, Joins Dozens of Industry Thought Leaders to Speak at the ISAPS Business School Program
- Sterling Watson's Deadly Sweet Released
- New Relic Named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring for the Ninth Time
- Intellectual Property Litigator Christopher D. Bright Joins Orange County Office of Snell & Wilmer
- Steve Muehler – Bail Bonds Opening Delayed to Summer of 2021
- Cybersecurity Startup ActZero Completes Successful SOC 2 Type 1 Examination
- Ambrx Appoints Olivia Ware and Katrin Rupalla to its Board of Directors
- Continuous Voice, A Unique Technology Providing Utmost Reliability for Business Phone Calls, Now Available for All Ooma Connect Customers
- Electric Vehicle Traction Motor Market is Projected to Register 41.6% CAGR By 2025, Based on High Demand for EVs Globally | Million Insights
- Irish Singer/Songwriter Yelpy Set To Release His New Single Heartbeats
- Bitnine Launches AG Cloud Express: The Easiest Cloud-based Graph Database For Everyone
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 4.13.21