- 7-Year Old Singer/Songwriter Kyra Pesebre Releases "I Love You, Dad" In Time For Father's Day - 452
- Waterside Productions Announces Said E. Dawlabani's New Book "The Light of Ishtar"
- Paul Sinacore Casting Shines Spotlight On "Friends: The Reunion" as Diversity Backlash Continues
Recognizes the importance of the multiple systems in place in the U.S. to monitor the safety of COVID-19 vaccines
SACRAMENTO – The Western States Scientific Safety Review Workgroup today completed its review of the federal process and has concluded that use of the Johnson & Johnson (Janssen Biotech) COVID-19 vaccine should resume in the western states. The Workgroup provided its confirmation to the Governors of California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington this afternoon.
On Friday, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) lifted its pause on the use of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, following a review by a federal vaccine safety review panel. The Workgroup further recommended that vaccine information fact sheets be culturally and linguistically appropriate, and available in multiple languages at an accessible reading level to inform conversations between health care providers and vaccine recipients.
More on The Californer
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #165 - COVID-19 Response and Recovery
- San Jose Mayor, City Council Unanimously Approve Acting City Manager for 10th Largest City in the Nation
- Confluent Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Cryptsoft's KMIP technology strengthens security in Networked Energy Services' Advanced Metering Infrastructure solutions
- SOS Hydration Partners With Original 'Shark' Kevin Harrington
Washington, Oregon and Nevada joined California's COVID-19 Scientific Safety Review Workgroup in October. The Workgroup, made up of nationally-acclaimed scientists with expertise in immunization and public health, has concurrently and independently reviewed the FDA's actions related to COVID-19 vaccines. It will continue to evaluate other COVID-19 vaccines as they go through the federal process.
Statement from California Governor Gavin Newsom:
"After additional review, analysis and scrutiny, experts have concluded the Johnson & Johnson vaccine is safe, effective and will protect you against the COVID-19 virus. To date, about a million Californians have already received this vaccine – including myself and many of the state's top doctors. I encourage all Californians to trust the science, getting vaccinated is the best way to protect ourselves and our loved ones and end the pandemic."
Statement from Oregon Governor Kate Brown:
"I am grateful to count myself among the nearly 7 million Americans protected by the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. With this thorough scientific review by leading state and federal doctors, scientists, and health experts, Oregonians can be confident that this vaccine is safe and effective, and that the benefits of vaccination against COVID-19 far outweigh the risks of this exceedingly rare adverse effect. My heart goes out to the family in Oregon who lost a loved one after receiving her shot, and all others who may have been impacted by this rare condition. Just as they do with other medications, doctors now have the information they need to assess when any additional precautions should be taken."
More on The Californer
- San Francisco: Mayor Breed Announces Historic Relaunch of The City's LGBTQI+ Advisory Committee on Pride Week
- SkyWest Airlines and SJVC Relaunch Apprenticeship Program
- Mayor London Breed Celebrates Completion of San Francisco's New Seismically Safe Emergency Medical Services Station No. 49, Home of The City's Ambulance Fleet
- PEAK Technical Services Selects ELEVATE to Manage Portfolio of Mid-Market MSP Customers
- The Power of Three: Helios Bioelectronics, GattaCo, and iAssay Unite to Clobber Infectious Disease
Statement from Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak:
"The benefits of the one-shot Janssen vaccine clearly outweigh the risks – that's what the short pause allowed leading scientific minds to study and review, at both the federal and state level. As one of many Nevadans who gladly took this vaccine when it was offered to me, I look forward to resuming the use of the vaccine in our State, along with the Moderna and Pfizer products. Every shot in an arm puts Nevada one step closer to recovery."
Statement from Washington Governor Jay Inslee:
"The benefits of the J&J vaccine outweigh the risks associated with it. We want to keep as many people free from COVID and out of the hospital as possible, and the J&J vaccine will help us get through this pandemic. I encourage people to get whatever vaccine is available to them. If you have questions or concerns, consult a provider to help answer questions you have."
Latest on The Californer
- Gamma Zeta Boulé Foundation Raises $190,000, Awards $83,000 in Scholarships to Eight Graduating Senior L.A.M.P. Mentor Program Mentees and Recognizes Three L.A.M.P. Mentees Selected as Boulé Scholars
- AdsWizz New Audio Attribution Solution Delivers Positive Results for Advertisers
- Cloud Gaming Market Size To Expand At 48.2% CAGR By 2027, Owing To Rising Investments In 5G Technology & Admittance To Several Games On Cloud At Reasonable Prices | Million Insights
- Infogain Recognized as 2nd Fastest Growing Company in Everest Group Engineering Services Top 50™ 2021
- thredUP Releases Its Ninth Annual Resale Report with First-Ever Impact Section
- Lamorinda Realtor Judy Sin Brokers Difficult Deal On Home With 2 Months Of Renovations Left
- As Mobile Usage Skyrockets, Nearly Half of Consumers Do Not Protect Personal Data
- California: Governor Newsom Declares State of Emergency for Madera and Mariposa Counties Due to January Wind Event
- Sintilimab in Combination with Chemotherapy Meets Overall Survival Primary Endpoint in the Global Phase 3 ORIENT-15 Study for the First-Line Treatment of Esophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Second Sight Medical Products Announces Pricing of Public Offering
- Maleimide Activated OVA-Peptide Conjugation Kit
- Meet Dr. Karen Tran-Harding - Creator, Host & Producer of MEDICAL HEROES
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed and Supervisor Rafael Mandelman Introduce Legislation to Expand LGBTQ Data Collection for City Employees and Applicants
- The Law Offices of Frank R. Cruz Announces Investigation of MicroStrategy Incorporated (MSTR) on Behalf of Investors
- Innovaccer Partners With Perception Health to Power Smart Referral Management With Predictive Analytics
- Top Executive from Under Armour Joins CEO Coaching International®
- Innovative Tour of the Elkhorn Slough
- Surface Optics Awarded NAVAIR SBIR Grant to Develop Multispectral Imaging System for Detectio
- San Jose: : Fireworks 'Just Not Worth It' – Celebrate Safely this Fourth of July
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Announces Opening of New Permanent Supportive Housing