- RockNTix takes on the ticketing monopoly with a view to abolishing service fees - 164
- Country Artist Ashley Wineland to Release Poignant Ballad 'I'm Going Home'; Announces Her 2023 National Tour
- San Jose: : San José's Chief Building Official Chu Chang Honored as California Building Official of the Year
"Promoting the health and safety of people in our city experiencing homelessness is crucial to addressing this crisis," said Mayor Rex Richardson. "By providing access to proper sanitation and water services, we are offering a vital resource to our community members living in RVs."
This site, located at St. Louis Avenue and 32nd Street, will be open daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and will provide services to people who have received a referral from the Multi-Service Center (MSC). It will offer two or three sanitation dump stations, allowing people living in RVs to properly dispose their sewage, as well as provide access to water filling stations. The location will also provide on-site staffing, consisting of an attendant who will assist visitors with services and a security guard. Construction will take approximately two to three weeks to complete, which will begin once site materials and equipment are received.
More on The Californer
- Murder on the Links WORLD PREMIERE at North Coast Repertory Theatre
- Ferocious Talent Management Europe Celebrates the Fifth Grammy Win For Our Very Own Rob Chiarelli At
- Majority Of Medicare Advantage Plans Offer Added Benefits
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 3.24.23
- California Continues Creating Jobs
"It is essential that we provide spaces where we can connect people in our community who are experiencing homelessness with the services they need," said Fifth District Councilwoman Megan Kerr. "This site will be an important asset in ensuring people living in RVs have a place to meet their sanitation needs, which will benefit our entire community."
This site will not be open to the general public. People experiencing homelessness and living in RVs who are interested in using these services must first receive a referral from the MSC, located at 1301 W. 12th St. No overnight parking will be offered. In addition to the sanitation dumping and water filling stations currently offered, portable showers will be added to the site in the coming months.
"In Long Beach, we are a family. Many of us have lived here for years and raised our children here. The homelessness crisis reminds us that not all members of our family are always in the same place at the same time," said Gloria Cordero, president of the Board of Utilities Commissioners. "I want to thank the Commission for joining me in supporting the city's homelessness initiative to address the crisis our community is facing."
For more information on the City's efforts to reduce homelessness in Long Beach, people may visit longbeach.gov/homelessness and follow @lbhealthdept and @longbeachcity on social media and follow the hashtag #EveryoneHomeLB.
Filed Under: Government, City
Latest on The Californer
- Alten Construction and Channel Lumber donate $2,500 worth of lumber to Redwood High School
- Plan for 50 affordable apartments on Bryant coming soon
- Keebos Unveils Keebos 2.0: The Ultimate Crossbody Phone Case
- Groundbreaking DUC indie record label announces pro-union anthem for downtrodden workers everywhere
- Honda Campus All-Star Challenge Returns to In-Person Competition in Longstanding Celebration of HBCU Academic Excellence
- Shelter Structures America Debuts Everun America at Con Expo
- ArtisTech Media and Creative Commons Announce a New Trademark Agreement for ccMixter
- 100+ Award Winning "Sweetest Vacation" Solicits Filmocracy Film Market Major Public Distribution
- Tupperware Brands Corporation (TUP) Class Action Alert: Robbins LLP Reminds Investors of Lead Plaintiff Deadline in Class Action Against Tupperware Brands Corporation
- Protecting and enhancing wildlife populations could be a global warming game changer
- Cummings Graduate Institute Celebrates New DBH Graduates
- Water Damage Repair Services, Basement Floods, Sewage Removal Company - Hesperia, CA
- Deol Data Strategically Appoints Ravi Singh to Its Advisory Board
- Top 6 AGS Highlights at the Indian Gaming Trade Show
- Hai Robotics Wins Innovation Award for Existing Product at Promat 2023
- 2023 National Farmworker Awareness Week
- Orbex Introduces Double Profits for New Traders
- Against All Odds: University of California Berkeley Men's Cricket Team Lifts NCCA Cup
- Tech N9ne Surprises Kxng Crooked Interview with I Only Touch Greatness
- Quotehunt.co.uk: Revolutionising the UK B2B Market with Comprehensive Comparison Services for Small Businesses