- Wells Fargo Investment Institute Believes 2024 is a Pivotal Year for the Economy and Markets
- Emmy Award-Nominated Actor Ed Begley, Jr. To Receive 13th Annual Experience, Strength And Hope Award For His Recently Published Book: "To the Temple of Tranquility...And Step On It!: A Memoir"
- Unlocking the Magic of Miami Beach
"Promoting the health and safety of people in our city experiencing homelessness is crucial to addressing this crisis," said Mayor Rex Richardson. "By providing access to proper sanitation and water services, we are offering a vital resource to our community members living in RVs."
This site, located at St. Louis Avenue and 32nd Street, will be open daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and will provide services to people who have received a referral from the Multi-Service Center (MSC). It will offer two or three sanitation dump stations, allowing people living in RVs to properly dispose their sewage, as well as provide access to water filling stations. The location will also provide on-site staffing, consisting of an attendant who will assist visitors with services and a security guard. Construction will take approximately two to three weeks to complete, which will begin once site materials and equipment are received.
More on The Californer
- New Hybrid Treatment Forces Cancer Cells to Starve
- LPSN INVESTOR NOTICE: Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Announces that LivePerson, Inc. Investors with Substantial Losses Have Opportunity to Lead Class Action Lawsuit
- Biggest Christmas Book Giveaway By One Author Ever
- Tonight:"Season of Black Art" & San Francisco Black Film Festival Celebrate Black Film &Theatre
- Blueprint Medicines' Leadership in Driving Continued Innovation in Systemic Mastocytosis Highlighted at 2023 ASH Annual Meeting
"It is essential that we provide spaces where we can connect people in our community who are experiencing homelessness with the services they need," said Fifth District Councilwoman Megan Kerr. "This site will be an important asset in ensuring people living in RVs have a place to meet their sanitation needs, which will benefit our entire community."
This site will not be open to the general public. People experiencing homelessness and living in RVs who are interested in using these services must first receive a referral from the MSC, located at 1301 W. 12th St. No overnight parking will be offered. In addition to the sanitation dumping and water filling stations currently offered, portable showers will be added to the site in the coming months.
"In Long Beach, we are a family. Many of us have lived here for years and raised our children here. The homelessness crisis reminds us that not all members of our family are always in the same place at the same time," said Gloria Cordero, president of the Board of Utilities Commissioners. "I want to thank the Commission for joining me in supporting the city's homelessness initiative to address the crisis our community is facing."
For more information on the City's efforts to reduce homelessness in Long Beach, people may visit longbeach.gov/homelessness and follow @lbhealthdept and @longbeachcity on social media and follow the hashtag #EveryoneHomeLB.
Latest on The Californer
- Welcome to SierraConnect, your go-to platform for everything PCB-related!
- Magnitude Lighting Welcomes Bob O'Riley as Product Manager,
- "Magnanimous," (book) Is a Delightful and Insightful Roadmap to Success That Challenges Tradition
- Evolus Reports Inducement Grants Under Nasdaq Listing Rule 5635(c)(4)
- L2 Aviation and Software Development Alternatives announce D-Link repair solution
- Arcellx Announces Continued Robust Long-Term Responses from Its CART-ddBCMA (anito-cel) Phase 1 Expansion Trial in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Multiple Myeloma at ASH
- Feast of the Seven Fishes at Cibo Modern Mediterranean
- California: Governor Newsom Reaffirms Support for Updated Delta Conveyance Proposal
- Emory Healthcare Network and Peachtree Immediate Care continue collaboration, sign new long-term agreement
- On behalf of the At Your Service Plumbing Club Members, we have donated to The Salvation Army and Families Network Unlimited this Holiday Season
- Entry Deadline is January 12 for California Strawberry Festival Artwork Contest
- 1H-Benzotriazol-1-yloxytripyrrolidinophosphonium Hexafluorophosphate (Highly Pure)
- Open Networking & Edge Summit 2024 in Silicon Valley Extends CFP Deadline to December 17 and releases 2024 Ecosystem Predictions
- California Community College Expands with 17-Device Order
- Operation Bullpen Stan Fitzgerald hits back on political persecution with "The Fall of Deceit" now available for purchase
- Neberon Heated Gloves: Your Best Winter Companion for Christmas
- Joby, ANA Holdings Partner with Nomura Real Estate Development for Vertiports in Japan
- Zero Upfront Fee Website- Thinking About Starting A Business?
- Penny S. Tee, MBA: A Beacon of Peace Amidst Conflict
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 12.7.23