Jaime Castañeda, Senior Vice President of Policy Strategy and Trade and Executive Director of the US Dairy Export Council kicked off the roundtable, remarking, "USDEC values its collaboration with IICA because of our shared values for science-based policies, inclusiveness and active partnership in the Americas. IICA plays a critical role in the dissemination of valuable and applicable information while promoting agriculture and rural development in the region. The world, but in particular the Americas benefit greatly from IICA efforts to promote these values in International Organizations were foreign interests to the Americas are pushing non-science based principles."
More on The Californer
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Announces Improvements to Speed Up Affordable Housing Construction
- National School Bus Safety Week (Oct. 19–23) Promotes Safety Aspects of Yellow School Bus
- Deep Reality: Why Source Science May Be the Key to Understanding Human Potential
- SELA Collaborative Denounces Shortened Census Timeline and Expresses Appreciation for Regional Partnerships and Innovative Recruitment Strategies
- Subaru Vehicle Protection Plans from autopom! Include No-Fee Payment Options
"I appreciate IICA's efforts to promote science-based policies and standards in the Western Hemisphere, while also driving innovation for agricultural development and international trade," said Congressman Rick Crawford.
IICA's commitment to work with agricultural private sector is a tenant of Director General Otero's policies, as he stated "In agriculture, and in the economy in general, the private sector is an engine for growth. I believe it is essential to build strong alliances with both, the public and private sectors, to ensure a strong trading block and promote innovation and digital transformation in the región. IICA knows that a strong American agricultural sector drives opportunities for the agriculture sectors of Latin American and Caribbean countries to be more competitive, sustainable and inclusive." IICA Director General Otero assured Congressman Crawford, Administrator Isley, and the leaders of the US agriculture sector that IICA will continue to stand firm in advancing sound science policies, innovation, and new technologies to ensure a stronger agricultural system in the Western Hemisphere and food security for all.
SOURCE Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- Bakewell Media and Hyundai Join Forces To Produce Virtual Format For The 15th Annual Taste of Soul Los Angeles
- AutoQuotes Opens New Office in Atlanta
- Unit21 Raises $13 Million to Help Businesses Fight Financial Crime With No-Code Tools
- Local Health Center to Host Pop-up Halloween Flu Vaccine Clinic
- Whitechapel Holdings Launches PPE Website
- Startup Adds Zippers To Christmas Stockings To Bring People Together This Christmas
- Wright Williams & Kelly, Inc.'s CEO Interviewed by Startup.Info
- TVNET/WRLD1 launches Global Real Estate and Business / Finance / Investment group of Internet TV Networks
- New Study from NIH Finds Nicotinamide Riboside Helps Improve Telomere Dysfunction in Human Cells, Mice
- Konabos Launches Sitecore Content Hub Migration Service
- GlobalLogic Appoints Industry Veteran Rajaram Radhakrishnan as Chief Revenue Officer
- Private Placement Markets Expands its Operations to the Cayman Islands
- Debut Song Highlights Our Collective COVID Angst
- El Sushi Loco Chef Francisco Mendoza Featured On Tastemade
- GLAUDI by Johana Hernandez New Men's Collection "REY"
- Regional Mexican + Reggaeton artists come together :Gustavo Palafox, Brray, Grupo Sigma & Fue
- Yes On Prop 24 Campaign Announces Endorsements From CA Black Newspapers And Prominent Community Leaders Like The NAACP
- 20 Amino Acids Kit (19 L-amino acids + Glycine)
- Biotin BSA (Biotinylated Bovine Serum Albumin)
- Orangutan Caring Week Nov. 8-14, 2020