- Sinaloa Cartel Embraces Diversity and Inclusion in the Post-Chapo Era
- IntellaTriage Names Olivia Gaffney, RN as 2022 Nurse of the Year Honoree
- Ohio Pacing Stallion Catch The Fire Is Heading To Australia
The project includes replacing all electrical cable powering runway lights and navigational aids, as well as replacing all runway edge lights, centerline lights and runway end lights. Additionally, new LED bulbs will be installed which use between 75 percent and 90 percent less energy than incandescent or quartz lights. The runway will also be restored with new asphalt concrete, grooving and striping.
Due to safety setback requirements of the construction work, there will be temporary closures between March 29 and mid-July: Runway 12-30 will be CLOSED NIGHTLY, Sundays through Thursdays, from March 29 to mid-July. In addition, Runway 12-30 will be CLOSED DAILY, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, from April 18 to May 24. Exact dates are subject to change. During these closures operations will occur on Runway 8L-26R instead.
More on The Californer
- Conrad Prebys Foundation Launches Leaders in Belonging Initiative USA - English USA - Chinese USA - español USA - Chinese USA - español
- Latino Leaders Network to Honor Mayor Kate Gallego of Phoenix with the Antonio Villaraigosa Leadership Award at the 38th Tribute to Mayors
- Ventura College Foundation Distributes Over $670,000 In Scholarships
- Century Fasteners Corp. – Robert D. Botticelli, Hired
- InventHelp Inventor Develops Improved Holder for a Smartphone (OCC-1612)
The Long Beach Airport Association (LBAA) is encouraging LGB-based flight schools to voluntarily reduce their nighttime training maneuvers and fly quieter during these closures by ceasing pattern work after 9:59 p.m.. LBAA has also provided "How to Fly a Friendly Pattern at LGB" best practices for LGB-based flight schools, master tenants and operators in order to reduce noise levels during this time period.
Long Beach Airport requires that all commercial flights be scheduled between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m., with operations between 10 p.m. and 11 p.m allowed if delays are caused by weather, air traffic or mechanical issues only. Residents with questions or desiring more information may visit www.lgb.org/noise or contact the Noise Office at email@example.com or 562 570 2665 for further details about this project as well as a map showing the change in flight paths due to these closures .
Media inquiries may be directed to Kate Kuykendall, Public Affairs Officer at Long Beach Airport at 562 570 2679 or Kate Kuykendall@longbeach .gov .
The Rehabilitate Runway 12-30 project is expected to bring major improvements in safety standards as well as sustainability efforts for Long Beach Airport while ensuring minimal disruption for both commercial air carriers and general aviation operators during this time period .
Filed Under: Government, City
Latest on The Californer
- UVify Unveils the Groundbreaking SLAMDAQ
- Immediate Release Tina Turner & Little Richard Tribute
- InventHelp Inventor Develops Windows with Self-Adjusting Tint Capabilities (SDB-1615)
- California: Governor Newsom Proclaims Memorial Day 2023
- InventHelp Inventor Develops Mini Showering Tub for Pets (SCO-285)
- New Online Community Portal for Real Estate Photographers
- SHAREHOLDER ACTION REMINDER: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in NextEra Energy, Inc. with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- Dancing Numbers Unveils Google Sheets QuickBooks Integration, Streamlining Data Import, Export, and Deletion
- Cadence Collaborates with Arm to Accelerate Mobile Device Silicon Success with New Arm Total Compute Solutions
- ASKA performs ground and systems testing, on-street driving tests of ASKA™ A5 drive and fly eVTOL
- Does America Really Owe Blacks for Slavery?
- Made in the Shade Summer Festival Returns to Walnut Creek, June 25
- The Law Offices of Frank R. Cruz Announces the Filing of a Securities Class Action on Behalf of Virtu Financial, Inc. (VIRT) Investors
- Open-sourcing Vessel: a high-level Ruby web crawling framework
- OverSightMD Closes the Gap for Metabolic and Mental Health Treatment Across Healthcare Silos
- KEANA Announces New Single Collab '2 Summers Ago' With Micah Emrich
- Boomin Reunion Band Climbs the Spotify Charts With Brazil, Sweden, Spain, Netherlands and USA Tops
- PenFed Credit Union and San Diego Wave FC Partner for Military Appreciation Night
- Get Set for Summer with VIZIO's Red-Hot Memorial Day Deals
- AHEAD With Horses Announces Fun Day 2023