- Are Productions Missing the Full Opportunities of Social Media Marketing?
- Legacy Gospel Series Project - New Previously Unreleased Recordings
- Prospect Home Finance becomes the official sponsor of the San Diego Gulls!
The donated funds provide a significant boost to the foundation, allowing it to support more than 30 students in need of financial aid, especially those from disadvantaged and minority communities, during the most difficult time facing the hospitality industry in decades.
"We are positively thrilled at the generosity shown by Wine Spectator's Scholarship Foundation in this donation," said Glancy Wine Education Foundation CEO Cheryl Halloran. "Support from industry leaders like this has never been more crucial to this industry."
More on The Californer
- San Jose Community Leaders Advocate for Return to In-Person Learning
- Ventura County Workforce Development Board Seeks Public Comments On 4-Year Workforce Plan
- Majid Al Futtaim Retail Expands Tally Robot Deployment to a Dozen Carrefour Stores in the UAE
- Southern California Black Chamber of Commerce - Long Beach Area Names Sharifah Hardie President
- San Jose: Free Legal Services Available for Low-Income Tenants and Landlords in San José
Funds from this donation will be combined with the more than $50,000 the foundation raised at its annual San Francisco Wine School Anniversary Celebration and Auction to support students seeking to improve their job prospects through wine education.
More than 97% of the hospitality professionals applying to the San Francisco Wine School for financial aid earn less than a "living wage." The Glancy Wine Education Foundation believes that every motivated and engaged student should have access to high-quality, professional education in his or her trade.
Scholarship applications are accepted year-round at GlancyWineEducationFoundation.Org.
About the Glancy Wine Education Foundation
Established in 2020, The Glancy Wine Education Foundation is a registered a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, not-for-profit organization dedicated to assisting disadvantaged and minority communities with scholarships to further their professional wine education to increase diversity and raise earning power. Find out more at GlancyWineEducationFoundation.Org.
More on The Californer
- Mayor London Breed Announces Spending Plan for Historic Reinvestment in San Francisco's African-American Community
- Triller Fight Club Secures Teófimo López Against George Kambosos Jr. Bout
- Sandline Global Fortifies World-Class Executive Team: Glenn Hopper Joins as Chief Financial Officer
- RSTOR Enhances Software Defined Cloud Platform to Support Hybrid, Multi-Cloud Enterprise Infrastructures
- Private Placement Markets adds Credit Life & Disability Insurance to its Mortgage Loan Programs
About the Wine Spectator Scholarship Foundation
Funded by proceeds from the Wine Spectator's annual Wine Experience event, the Wine Spectator Scholarship Foundation provides grants and scholarships to a wide variety of wine-related and culinary programs. To date, more than $20 million has been raised, made possible by the generosity of vintners around the world, who donate the wine for the Wine Spectator's Wine Experience Grand Tastings and seminars, as well as the thousands of wine lovers who attend the event each year.
SOURCE Glancy Wine Education Foundation
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- Get ready for Spring Break with a poem/potential song lyrics called "The New Coronavirus Blues"
- Dermatologist Fabio Gontijo wins the attention of celebrities with infallible procedures for women's beauty
- Local Barbers Refuse To Stop Taking Walk Ins In 2021. What They Did Was Inevitable
- Bronx DWI Lawyer Announces New Website
- Recording Artist "Cherne" Crystal Brown auditions for Sony Music, Atlantic Records and Capitol Records and it doesn't stop there
- San Francisco: City Leaders Join Together to Announce Two New Initiatives to Prevent Recidivism and Gun Violence
- San Jose: Draft IS/Addendum: Our Lady of La Vang Church (SP19-028)
- San Jose: Draft IS/Addendum: 645 Horning Street Gas Station, Food, and Storage Project (PDA16-027-02)
- San Francisco Moves to Phase 1B of COVID-19 Vaccinations, Expands Eligibility to Educators, Child Care, Emergency Services, Food and Agriculture Workers
- All-new Virtual Music Lounge Turntable Adds Amanda Levensohn as Creative Director
- Honorary Oscar-Winner Charles Burnett brings his award winning film on COVID-19 / Black Hollywood to the Prestigious Pan African 2021 Film Festival
- In a year of recession, Lantek closes 2020 with record sales figures and customer numbers
- SHAREHOLDER ACTION REMINDER: The Schall Law Firm Announces the Filing of a Class Action Lawsuit Against Ebix, Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses in Excess of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- Emmy Nominated Television Producer, Erika Bryant To Release New Book Titled Doing It Scared
- The 2021 Encore Gospel Celebration of Unity Virtual Concert a must see star-studded event
- New Phase 3 Clinical Study Finds Nutritional Protocol Including Nicotinamide Riboside Accelerates Recovery in Mild-to-Moderate COVID-19 Patients
- The Koedo Kawagoe Spring Festival Celebrates the Arrival of Springtime in Kawagoe, Japan
- Dropbox, Inc. Announces Upsize and Pricing of $1.306 Billion Convertible Senior Notes Offering
- Santa Monica Democratic Club Votes Unanimously to Approve Resolution for Columbia Sussex to Cease Future Operations in City, as Labor Dispute with UNITE HERE Local 11 Enters Fifth Year
- Long Beach: 58% of Seniors Vaccinated