- RockNTix takes on the ticketing monopoly with a view to abolishing service fees - 111
- Prime Healthcare Celebrates Patient Safety Excellence Recognition from Healthgrades
- San Jose: : Be a City of San José Board or Commission Member
The Prohousing designation is given to cities and counties that demonstrate they are promoting climate-smart housing by enacting Prohousing policies, such as streamlining multifamily housing developments, up-zoning in places near jobs and transit to reduce emissions, and the creation of more affordable homes in places that historically or currently exclude households earning lower incomes and households of color.
Governor Newsom Zoomed with Mayor Karen Bass to inform her of Los Angeles' Prohousing designation. "Affordable housing is front and center in our work to create a more thriving and equitable California, and requires all of us working together to produce and preserve more housing," said Secretary Castro Ramírez. "California commends the City of Los Angeles for establishing policies and practices that streamline development, accelerate housing production and reduce costs to expand safe and dignified housing options for Angelenos."
More on The Californer
- The 2nd Aollywood Five Continents Film Festival Nominations Were Announced: "All Quiet on the Western Front" Led With 7 Nominations
- Human Matriptase/ST14 Protein (High Purity)
- Myristoyl-Coenzyme A (Highly Pure)
- Dr. Kelli Ward and Martha Boneta Fain join the advisory board of Legacy PAC , a partner of Veterans for Trump
- My Refuge House Hosts Much Ado for Freedom
Cities and counties that earn the Prohousing designation receive incentives such as additional points or other preferences in the scoring of competitive funding programs administered by the Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD), giving them an advantage over other jurisdictions – including in access to state funding.
In addition, communities are eligible for the Prohousing Incentive Pilot (PIP) Program which rewards Prohousing communities at the forefront in addressing California's housing crisis with additional funding to accelerate affordable housing production.
Mayor Bass expressed her appreciation for Governor Newsom's efforts: "We have to build more, faster. Los Angeles will continue to do everything we can to confront this crisis with the urgency it deserves. Thank you to Governor Newsom, Secretary Castro Ramírez, and Director Velasquez for continuing to work in concert with our city to bring L.A. in a new direction."
Governor Newsom also commented on Los Angeles' achievement: "California is taking aggressive action to build more housing in every region of the state. I'm thankful to Los Angeles and Mayor Bass for committing to building more housing, faster, and doing their part to help tackle the housing crisis." He added that "Cities and counties across the state need to meet this moment and act with urgency to bring more housing into their communities."
Filed Under: Government, State
Latest on The Californer
- Available Medicare Advantage Plans 2023 Increased By 6 Percent
- Kobie Voted a Top Workplace USA
- Aquia Inc. Joins the AWS Partner Network and the AWS Public Sector Partner Program
- PatientClick launched Hybrid Medical Billing Services
- Perfect Body Laser and Aesthetics ® Offers Tetra CoolPeel Co2 Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Databloom's Blossom Achieves Faster and More Efficient Big Data Analytics
- Glancy Prongay & Murray LLP, a Leading Securities Fraud Law Firm, Announces Investigation of Block, Inc. (SQ) on Behalf of Investors
- How garbage collection in Erlang helps us to create scalable applications
- Tencent Cloud Shines Spotlight on Affordable AAA Game Tech for Everyone at 2023 Game Developers Conference USA - English APAC - English
- Mix Engineer Rob Chiarelli Enjoying Another #1 Gospel Hit with "Finished" by Tamela Mann
- Tanktwo Releases Case Study: Helping a Primary Defense Contractor Accelerate Electrification
- YourPawsandMine.com Launches Their Brand Website As The Predominant Place To Shop For Cats And Dogs
- Orchard Audio's New PecanPi®+ DAC and Streamer Feature AKM's Latest Flagship Chips
- Country Artist Ashley Wineland to Release Poignant Ballad 'I'm Going Home'; Announces Her 2023 National Tour
- Jennifer S. Wilkov Finalizes Lineup for the 2023 April Speak Up Women Conference
- Doug Brownridge Joins STS Capital Partners
- BOOST Conference Celebrates 15 Years of Learning for Educators & Professionals Supporting Youth
- WebPurify Hires Twitter's Former Head of Trust and Safety Operations
- RockNTix takes on the ticketing monopoly with a view to abolishing service fees
- CSC Motorcycles Announces New Twin Cylinder 650cc Sport Touring Model