- Celebrate Earth Day on a wine-filled adventure along the Shawangunk Wine Trail!
- California: State Reaffirms Right to Contraceptive Care
- Long-Term Care Insurance Expert Shares Annuity Planning Strategy
"California is at the forefront of the devastating impacts of climate change that are wiping entire towns off the map, destroying property, and putting communities in danger," said Governor Newsom. "These projects fund critical evacuation roads, preserve access to a regional hospital, and safeguard railways along our coastline to protect life and property throughout the state, among other benefits."
The California Transportation Commission (CTC) is overseeing the project funding. CTC Chair Lee Ann Eager commented on the importance of these investments: "Climate change is impacting communities across California. The Commission is grateful to Governor Newsom and the Legislature for making funding available for these critically needed improvements and ensuring our transportation system will be functional and safe for future generations."
More on The Californer
- Evolus to Participate in Upcoming Leerink Partners and Barclays Investor Conferences
- Discover the Jowl Lift: a non-invasive facial procedure created by Dr. Paulo Martin
- Socket Mobile Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2023 Results Release Date and Conference Call
- New Book Challenges AI Implementations
- MashUp presents 8th Annual International Women's Day Dance Festival
One of the key projects funded by this investment will provide a second route for emergency evacuations in Paradise in case of a natural disaster. Another project will elevate a road in Coachella Valley to allow access to a hospital and other critical resources during floods or sandstorms. Additionally, rail-lines along California's coast will be fortified to ensure safety for passengers and cargo transportation during storms or coastal erosion events.
Governor Newsom has been leading California's response to devastating floods, fires, and other disasters driven by climate change since taking office earlier this year. During Tropical Storm Hilary in August 2020, he visited Inland Empire and Desert communities to highlight the need for climate resiliency projects across the state.
The approved projects are expected to have long-term benefits for Californians by protecting them from extreme weather events caused by climate change while also improving safety on roadways throughout the state. A full list of approved projects can be found here.
Latest on The Californer
- City of Long Beach Launches Sidewalk to Success Program to Support Business Development
- Landis+Gyr and SPAN Announce Partnership to Unlock Electrification and DER Flexibility at the Grid Edge USA - English USA - English
- City to Host, Fund 2024 Long Beach Pride Parade
- Star Wars' The Mandalorian & Grogu to be Filmed in California Through the State's Film and TV Tax Credit Program
- California Sees Significant Increase in Applications to Join CHP
- Salem News Channel Host Mike Gallagher to Broadcast from Israel
- Vantiva Demonstrates One of the First Carrier-Grade Wi-Fi 7 Extenders and Advanced 5G FWA CPE at Mobile World Congress 2024
- Metro Commercial Brokers Deal Brings Puttshack to The Shops at Liberty Place
- Flourish Ventures Promotes Investment Leads in India and LatAm; Strengthens Bench in US and Africa with New Hires USA - English MEXICO - Spanish India - Hindi BRAZIL - Portuguese USA - English
- "LIBERTYLAND" Echoes January 6 in a Gripping Tale of Terror and the Quest for American Ideals
- CCHR and Electroshock Survivors Reject Psychiatric Apology for Tortured Children
- B. Riley Securities to Host Radiopharma Investor Conference in New York on March 1, 2024
- Legion Partners Sends Letter to Twilio Board of Directors
- Meredith Thomas Selected as Master of Ceremonies for International Women's Day Gala for 2024
- "Unlock the Blueprint to Success: Morgan Mayfield's Latest Book Delivers Proven Strategies for Realtors to Achieve 6-Figure-Plus Success
- Faraday Future Announces Reverse Stock Split and Authorized Share Reduction
- Zepp Health Unveils Zepp OS 3.5 with Zepp Flow™, Powered by Large Language Model AI, Pioneering the Next Generation of Wearable Intelligence Devices at MWC Barcelona 2024
- Mednition Appoints Deena Brecher as Chief Nursing Officer, Pioneering Commitment to Nurse-First Artificial Intelligence
- Industry Atom Joins BigCommerce Agency Partner Program
- DRA Family Office Acquires privateequityweekly.com