"Today we honor the late Mayor Ed Lee and his contributions to the City of San Francisco and the San Francisco International Airport," said Mayor Breed. "Mayor Lee gave so much to this city, and we will be forever grateful for his service. With this dedication of the International Terminal Departures Hall residents and visitors alike will be reminded of Mayor Lee and his commitment to serve the city that he loved."
The naming of the Mayor Edwin M. Lee International Terminal Departures Hall was adopted by an Airport Commission resolution in June 2019 to honor the late Mayor Lee for his extraordinary contributions to San Francisco and the Airport. Today, SFO unveiled several elements in the International Terminal Departures Hall to commemorate Mayor Lee. SFO has installed signage on the wood-paneled wall of the Departures Lobby that reads, "Mayor Edwin M. Lee International Terminal Departures Hall." Additionally, the Airport will install a bas-relief plaque depicting Mayor Lee by the end of next year, and will provide a video link for passengers to connect to a video on his life. In the meantime, there is a temporary photo of Mayor Lee placed underneath the wood-paneled sign.
More on The Californer
- San Francisco: Mental Health SF Legislation Approved Unanimously by Board of Supervisors
- Aldo Dinelli, Houston's Top Celebrity Jeweler - Talks Diamonds
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Announces Gun Buy-Back Event
- Don't neglect your overall health – advice from cosmetic surgeon Mitchell G. Cohen, MD
- Inland Products celebrates 30 years of manufacturing all-American Identification Tags
"Mayor Lee's sudden death nearly two years ago left us heartbroken, and we lost one of our airport's extraordinary champions," said Airport Director Ivar C. Satero. "SFO is proud to dedicate the Mayor Edwin M. Lee International Departures Hall so that Mayor Lee's life and legacy will be remembered by those who pass underneath the lettering that bears his name."
Mayor Lee was the 43rd Mayor of San Francisco and served from 2011 until 2017. He was the first Asian-American mayor in San Francisco's history. Under Mayor Lee's leadership, San Francisco further became one of the most innovative cities in the world. He focused on balancing the budget, creating jobs, boosting San Francisco's economy, building housing, housing the homeless, creating a cleaner and safer city, addressing affordability challenges and fighting for civil rights, equity and inclusion. He was a champion for the community and was dedicated to the people he served. Mayor Lee passed away while in office nearly two years ago on December 12, 2017.
Latest on The Californer
- Cum Tribute Social Network CumOnPrintedPics.COM Infrastructure Update
- AgCode Shakes Up Farm Management With Precision Operation Data
- Vitria's Chris Menier Named General Manager of Digital Transformation
- Vitria and Independent Analyst Charlotte Patrick: Customer-Centric Network Assurance Strategies Critical to NSP Future
- Apollo Brands® Announces Exclusive Distribution Agreement Bringing Apollo Energy Gum® and Golf Gum® to The Nordic Countries
- Sandline Discovery Leverages NexLP's Cognitive AI to Deliver Leading Behavioral and Linguistic Intelligence
- Smart Selling Tools Announces Top Sales Tools of 2019
- ACEINNA Launches New Current Sensing Article for Embedded Power Systems
- Wright Williams & Kelly, Inc. Launches Multilingual Website
- Upcycle Pop returns with its Sustainable Holiday Event. Art Exhibits, Performances and a Fashion Show
- Royal Portrush, Omni Barton Creek, Golf Rivals, Adidas, and Great Waters announced as winners of Golf Aficionado Magazine Best of 2019 Awards
- 2020 Will See More Rats And Mosquitoes, Says Western Exterminator
- BiKi.com Receives Investment for Platform Upgrade to Prepare for Global Industry Growth
- WebSatchel makes mobile breakthrough
- Dingtone Makes Quick Strides in India as Most Cell Phone Plans Get Costlier
- NASA Awards PADT, Arizona State University and Kennesaw State University a $755,000 Phase II STTR Research Grant
- Gatski Commercial Names David Bauman managing director of property management
- Lemon Perfect Named "Best New Product" at 2019 BevNET Awards
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Announces Completion of Octavia 'Open Street' Project
- MC Companies Announced As 2020 Top Company To Work Multifamily