"Today we honor the late Mayor Ed Lee and his contributions to the City of San Francisco and the San Francisco International Airport," said Mayor Breed. "Mayor Lee gave so much to this city, and we will be forever grateful for his service. With this dedication of the International Terminal Departures Hall residents and visitors alike will be reminded of Mayor Lee and his commitment to serve the city that he loved."
The naming of the Mayor Edwin M. Lee International Terminal Departures Hall was adopted by an Airport Commission resolution in June 2019 to honor the late Mayor Lee for his extraordinary contributions to San Francisco and the Airport. Today, SFO unveiled several elements in the International Terminal Departures Hall to commemorate Mayor Lee. SFO has installed signage on the wood-paneled wall of the Departures Lobby that reads, "Mayor Edwin M. Lee International Terminal Departures Hall." Additionally, the Airport will install a bas-relief plaque depicting Mayor Lee by the end of next year, and will provide a video link for passengers to connect to a video on his life. In the meantime, there is a temporary photo of Mayor Lee placed underneath the wood-paneled sign.
More on The Californer
- Americart 2019 Documentary Film about Art in America's Heartland now available on Amazon Prime Video
- Governor Newsom Issues Proclamation Declaring California for All Small Business Month
- Medicare Supplement Association Offers Local Reporters Pricing Assistance
- Proposed Settlements of Class Action Lawsuit: Thompson v. 1-800 Contacts, Inc., Vision Direct, Inc., Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., Walgreen Co., Arlington Contact Lens Service, Inc., National Vision, Inc., Luxottica of America, Inc. (f/k/a Luxottica Ret
- Global Film Studio Chooses Greece to Film a Feature Documentary About Unique Aspects of Some of Bruno Pischiutta's Movies
"Mayor Lee's sudden death nearly two years ago left us heartbroken, and we lost one of our airport's extraordinary champions," said Airport Director Ivar C. Satero. "SFO is proud to dedicate the Mayor Edwin M. Lee International Departures Hall so that Mayor Lee's life and legacy will be remembered by those who pass underneath the lettering that bears his name."
Mayor Lee was the 43rd Mayor of San Francisco and served from 2011 until 2017. He was the first Asian-American mayor in San Francisco's history. Under Mayor Lee's leadership, San Francisco further became one of the most innovative cities in the world. He focused on balancing the budget, creating jobs, boosting San Francisco's economy, building housing, housing the homeless, creating a cleaner and safer city, addressing affordability challenges and fighting for civil rights, equity and inclusion. He was a champion for the community and was dedicated to the people he served. Mayor Lee passed away while in office nearly two years ago on December 12, 2017.
Latest on The Californer
- Travel + Leisure Readers Give San Miguel De Allende a Reason to Celebrate as It Ranks In World's Best Awards
- Alten Construction begins Berkeley High School renovations
- Cook Islands Voted No. 1 Island
- NS4ed Partners with MetaMetrics to Offer Quantile Measures and Career Database for new Career-Focused Algebra and Geometry Curricula
- Thiel College and local Veterans of Foreign Wars post to research connections to Camp Reynolds and World War II
- Lantek reinforces its southern European presence by adding a new distributor, AlfaSolid, in Greece and Cyprus
- https//account.live.com/password/reset | Change Microsoft Password
- B4GMG and Comedian Jason Toler Announce Release Date of Highly Inappropriate (The Comedy Album)
- JNESHIA Unveils New Single "KINGZ"
- California: Governor Newsom Statement on Selection of New UC President
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 7.7.20
- Pacific Retail Capital Partners nominated for nine 2020 ICSC MAXI Awards
- WJ Castle Awarded Underwater Inspection Contract from PEPCO Holdings
- San Jose Mayor Liccardo Responds to State Approval of Santa Clara County Variance Application for Next Phase of Reopening
- 911 Restoration Opens Two New Branches
- San Francisco Announces Temporary Pause in Next Phase of Reopening Amid Rise in COVID-19 Activity
- Gig Workers Financial Concerns Surveyed By Association
- Flagship Cruises & Events COVID-19 Update
- PayCafe Announces New Partnership with JVZoo
- Brasa Capital Management Closes on Inaugural Credit Vehicle