- Mystic Braves' Julian Ducatenzeiler Chosen to Score Silent Film
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Signs Legislation to Launch $10.9 Million Grant Program for Small Businesses
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 4.9.21
PresentMemory was started by Emily Kane Miller, the grandchild of survivors, who wanted to tell her own family's story, and knew the process to create a high-quality, engaging presentation could be time-consuming and challenging.
PresentMemory (a 501(c)3 endeavor) has partnered with Haggadot.com, a nonprofit, collaborative platform inviting Jews of all backgrounds to personalize their Passover Haggadah, which is now expanding its scope to cover Shoah memory. Leveraging Haggadot.com's preexisting infrastructure, PresentMemory is able to bring its resource to families quickly and cost-effectively.
"I am deeply inspired by my grandparents, Cantor David Kane z"l and Yetta Kane. Despite the pain it stirred, their unwavering commitment to retelling their stories of survival and love, particularly to young students – many of whom had never before met a Jewish person, let alone a survivor – epitomizes the power of memory," said Emily Kane Miller. "As I started to think about how I could approach telling my family's story, it was very intimidating. We are creating PresentMemory so that every descendant of survivors can more easily find the words – and images – to be their family's torchbearer."
More on The Californer
- San Francisco Event & Entertainment Production Company, Entire Productions, Celebrates 20 Years
- Atrium Raises $13.5 Million to Revolutionize Data-Driven Sales Management
- CHAMIE is 'heating it up for everyone' early this year with new summer single!
- Premier Workspaces Capitalizes on Industry Distress, Plans to Add 100 Shared Workspace Locations
- agilon health Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
Through the generosity of 6 Cornerstone Families, PresentMemory has launched a beta site, and is now looking for 100 Founding Families to join as early adopters and partners in this important work. These families will be asked to make at least one presentation between April and September on the site and provide the organization's development team with feedback to help optimize the site for all users. The team is also asking all Founding Families to make a $360 tax deductible donation to help cover the final costs of building out the platform.
"We're thrilled to expand our technology beyond the seder table to help Jews share their most meaningful stories at any time of year," said Haggadot.com Founder and Executive Director, Eileen Levinson.
These presentations are multipurpose, and can be used for many reasons, including family record keeping, community events, or school presentations.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- PEI Selected Three-Time Top Microsoft Gold Partner in the U.S
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Announces it is Investigating Claims Against Canaan Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- New Homes Coming to the Santa Clarita Valley with IHP Capital Partners' Land Sale to Lennar Homes
- New Book "Educating Marston" Provides Hope for Anyone Struggling to Find Answers Raising a Child with Autism
- Distroller World Releases New Generation X-Clusive Nerlie Bobbol Goms
- The Miguel Wilson Collection celebrates the grand opening of its New York City location
- San Francisco to Reopen and Expand Additional Businesses and Activities
- 'Sommet Dame' Introduces New Editor-in-Chief
- Power Plus Productions® Announces Expansion with New Offices in Salt Lake City, Utah
- Terri Ross, Renowned Practice Consultant, Joins Dozens of Industry Thought Leaders to Speak at the ISAPS Business School Program
- Sterling Watson's Deadly Sweet Released
- New Relic Named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring for the Ninth Time
- Intellectual Property Litigator Christopher D. Bright Joins Orange County Office of Snell & Wilmer
- Steve Muehler – Bail Bonds Opening Delayed to Summer of 2021
- Cybersecurity Startup ActZero Completes Successful SOC 2 Type 1 Examination
- Ambrx Appoints Olivia Ware and Katrin Rupalla to its Board of Directors
- Continuous Voice, A Unique Technology Providing Utmost Reliability for Business Phone Calls, Now Available for All Ooma Connect Customers
- Electric Vehicle Traction Motor Market is Projected to Register 41.6% CAGR By 2025, Based on High Demand for EVs Globally | Million Insights
- Irish Singer/Songwriter Yelpy Set To Release His New Single Heartbeats
- Bitnine Launches AG Cloud Express: The Easiest Cloud-based Graph Database For Everyone