The free monthly Consumer Rights Legal Clinic is made possible through a grant from MOHCD. The clinic will provide people the opportunity to speak with an attorney about a broad range of consumer legal issues, such as bankruptcy, student loan debt, credit card debt, debt collection lawsuits, harassment by debt collectors, errors in credit reports, judgments for unpaid debt, foreclosure, and garnished wages.
"Every San Franciscan should have the opportunity to get sound legal advice, regardless of their ability to pay," said Mayor London Breed. "This new clinic will empower people to make informed decisions about their finances and will provide a legal safety net for people who otherwise wouldn't be able to talk to a lawyer."
More on The Californer
- Never Satisfied Entertainment Releases 'Sunflower' Featuring JTruthPA via Bungalo Records/UMGD
- Current World Dog Surfing Champion Gets The Snub This Year
- Exploring the Abstract in Visual Art
- Gi Paoletti-Designed Homage LTD Restaurant Celebrates Local Bay Area Farms and Craftsmanship
- Reunify Announces Launch of Their New Virtual Asisstant/Chatbot!
"It's hard enough making ends meet in San Francisco without the added stress of dealing with complex issues like debt, bankruptcy, or financial fraud," said Treasurer José Cisneros. "I'm proud to be partnering with distinguished San Francisco legal organizations to bring these important clinics to our community."
The clinic will run in two sessions, one at 9:30am and another at 1:00pm, on the fourth Thursday of every month in the Law Library, located at 1145 Market Street, 4th floor. An RSVP is required for the clinic, and people in need of assistance with consumer legal issues can call 415-982-1300 to reserve a spot.
"MOHCD is pleased to expand our long-standing partnership with Bay Area Legal Aid," said Kate Hartley, MOHCD Director. "Legal aid is one of the most effective ways we can help protect low-income communities. These high-quality legal services will help San Francisco residents keep their hard-earned income and assets within their families and communities."
More on The Californer
- Share Internet Data Ltd (SID) Expands its Mobile Network to include the Unbanked with its LDJ Digital app
- Social Justice Activist and Veteran Radio Host Mark Thompson Launches New Daily Show and Podcast with DNR Studios and DCP Entertainment
- The Long Beach Jazz Festival Celebrity/Charity Golf Tournament Benefitting ICYOLA
- Fawcett Boat Supplies Acquires Annapolis Inflatables
- Trump's Kidney Care Executive Order Validates New Renality Approach to Chronic Kidney Disease
The organizations involved in making this clinic possible are committed to providing access to justice to those who are least able to secure it. Since 1870, the San Francisco Law Library has provided free access and use of legal reference materials to the public so that they may conduct their legal affairs and preserve their legal rights. Bay Area Legal Aid provides meaningful access to the civil justice system through quality legal assistance regardless of a client's location, language or disability. The San Francisco Office of Financial Empowerment leverages the power of City Hall to strengthen economic security and mobility for low-income families.
More information about the San Francisco Law Library is available at https://sflawlibrary.org/.
More information about Bay Area Legal Aid is available at https://baylegal.org/.
More information about the San Francisco Treasurer's Office of Financial Empowerment is available at https://sfgov.org/ofe/.
Latest on The Californer
- Tips for Managing Chronic Pain, advice from medical doctor Dr. Sanjoy Banerjee
- Masters Hall of Fame Honors Woman's Boxing Legend Daisy "The Lady" Lang
- Quebec Company The Latte Co. Launches its Nutritious, Additive- and Allergen-free Bebe Latte And Kiddo Latte Organic Plant-Based Drinks
- For Bad Poetry Day (8/18): Meet the Motherlode! "Crazy Robert's Poems and Potential Song Lyrics"
- HE MAJORZ, Debut Single "Operandi", Are Available on All Platforms
- California: Governor Newsom Issues Legislative Update
- Governor Newsom Appoints New Chief Service Officer for California
- First 5 VC and ICFS announce Neighborhoods for Learning locations
- California: Governor Gavin Newsom Signs Wildfire Safety and Accountability Legislation
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Denounces Planned Raids by Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- Author, Kathlyn Heim Shares a Powerful Message To Live Less Out Of Habit And More Out Of Intention In Her New Book The Rule Of Nines
- Las Vegas Based Comedian Don Barnhart Releases Clean Family-Friendly Comedy Special
- First-of-its-kind, STEM-centric 3D strategy game comes to Kickstarter on July 23
- Tracy Hills Is Now Selling With 22 New Home Models To Tour
- United Premier Soccer League Announces Arkansas Expansion with Arkansas Wolves FC
- AUA, Charles Drew University Join Forces to Increase Med School Diversity
- My Back Country Buddy: Hunting Supplies for You and Your Hunting Dogs
- Al Jarreau Tribute Album Debuts Today
- Broadcast Engineering Veteran Alain Beauvais Joins TAG to Support Continued Growth