The free monthly Consumer Rights Legal Clinic is made possible through a grant from MOHCD. The clinic will provide people the opportunity to speak with an attorney about a broad range of consumer legal issues, such as bankruptcy, student loan debt, credit card debt, debt collection lawsuits, harassment by debt collectors, errors in credit reports, judgments for unpaid debt, foreclosure, and garnished wages.
"Every San Franciscan should have the opportunity to get sound legal advice, regardless of their ability to pay," said Mayor London Breed. "This new clinic will empower people to make informed decisions about their finances and will provide a legal safety net for people who otherwise wouldn't be able to talk to a lawyer."
More on The Californer
- MacFour Releases Neyo Cover of "Because of You"
- OKTV, A Valiant Eagle Inc. (OTC:PSRU) Subsidiary, Seeks Television Content
- Mongol Films partners with Bayview Entertainment for U.S. Distribution
- Providence Film Group a Valiant Eagle Inc. (OTC:PSRU) Subsidiary, Announces Development of New S
- Haitian film producer turns to Indiegogo to fuel groundbreaking film project amid COVID-19 pandemic
"It's hard enough making ends meet in San Francisco without the added stress of dealing with complex issues like debt, bankruptcy, or financial fraud," said Treasurer José Cisneros. "I'm proud to be partnering with distinguished San Francisco legal organizations to bring these important clinics to our community."
The clinic will run in two sessions, one at 9:30am and another at 1:00pm, on the fourth Thursday of every month in the Law Library, located at 1145 Market Street, 4th floor. An RSVP is required for the clinic, and people in need of assistance with consumer legal issues can call 415-982-1300 to reserve a spot.
"MOHCD is pleased to expand our long-standing partnership with Bay Area Legal Aid," said Kate Hartley, MOHCD Director. "Legal aid is one of the most effective ways we can help protect low-income communities. These high-quality legal services will help San Francisco residents keep their hard-earned income and assets within their families and communities."
More on The Californer
- The Top Destination for Meal Delivery, Premade Meals and Top Recipes
- Braeden Lichti: The Complicated World of Biotech Investments in the Era of COVID-19
- California: Governor Newsom Issues Proclamation Declaring Memorial Day Following Visit to Yountville Veterans Home to Highlight State Efforts to Protect Veterans from COVID-19
- Introducing the New Service Asklepios Health
- San Diego, CA REALTOR®, Anthony "Tony" Uniewski Earns e-PRO® Certification
The organizations involved in making this clinic possible are committed to providing access to justice to those who are least able to secure it. Since 1870, the San Francisco Law Library has provided free access and use of legal reference materials to the public so that they may conduct their legal affairs and preserve their legal rights. Bay Area Legal Aid provides meaningful access to the civil justice system through quality legal assistance regardless of a client's location, language or disability. The San Francisco Office of Financial Empowerment leverages the power of City Hall to strengthen economic security and mobility for low-income families.
More information about the San Francisco Law Library is available at https://sflawlibrary.org/.
More information about Bay Area Legal Aid is available at https://baylegal.org/.
More information about the San Francisco Treasurer's Office of Financial Empowerment is available at https://sfgov.org/ofe/.
Latest on The Californer
- Thermal Tech Inc. Becomes Newest Representative of Nationwide Boiler Inc
- I-Deal Homes Real Estate Appoints Ellazar Inc as Agency of Record
- Critical Illness Insurance Association Launches First Facebook Page
- Odd Perspective & Resort Paraiso Now Available on DVD from Bayview Entertainment
- WEEDCon Partners With EventHi To Hold World's First Online Cannabis Competition
- Know about the Business Class and Booking Process in Copa Airlines
- Acnovate offers free access to its Qiwk® suite of PLM accelerators for users of PTC® Windchill®
- ViridisChem, Inc Offers FREE subscription to its flagship product for Researchers Working From Home
- How the Democrats Used the Chinese K4X Virus Against Donald Trump, Part 3 of 4
- How the Democrats, the Mass Media, and China Colluded to Destroy Donald, Part 2 of 4
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #105 - COVID-19 Mitigation and Response
- Learning How to Shift Your Thinking is the Best Way to Protect Your Mental Health During This Pandemic
- FORA Auto Temperature Measurement Station Provides Protection During COVID-19
- San Jose: : The Public Can Help Name Happy Hollow's Newest Addition – A Female Lemur Pup
- 911 Restoration is Set to Open Multiple National Branches
- Restech is proud to announce the launch of PepsinCheck, a PEPTEST product branded for the U.S. consumer market
- For the first time ever, an endangered leatherback sea turtle is being tracked after nesting on the Gulf Coast of Florida
- CLARA analytics Raises $25M in Series B Funding to Transform Commercial Insurance with AI
- CD38 Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric)
- Amazing New Kids' Show Born of COVID - Full of Laughter and Surprising Depth