- 7-Year Old Singer/Songwriter Kyra Pesebre Releases "I Love You, Dad" In Time For Father's Day - 452
- Waterside Productions Announces Said E. Dawlabani's New Book "The Light of Ishtar"
- Paul Sinacore Casting Shines Spotlight On "Friends: The Reunion" as Diversity Backlash Continues
May 12, 2021
Rachel Davis, Press Secretary, Office of Mayor Sam Liccardo, firstname.lastname@example.org, 408.712.9149
SAN JOSÉ, CA - Today, San José Mayor Sam Liccardo joined Steve Vallejos, President ofprefabADU, and Mike Eggiman with 29th Street Capital, to announce the launch of the first and only 0% interest loan for accessory dwelling units (ADU) on the market. The San Jose Scaling Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) pilot program will provide 20-30 qualifying applicants a 0% interest loan for six months to finance 100% of the costs associated with permitting and building an ADU. PrefabADU also announced the goal of building 200 affordable by design backyard homes over the next year by taking advantage of their preapproved design plans to expedite the permitting process. These ADUs will add greatly needed housing stock to San Jose to help combat the housing crisis.
"We committed to make San Jose the nation's leader in helping homeowners deploy backyard homes to expand housing supply and affordability by inviting innovators from across the region to help us reduce costs, speed construction, and ease permitting challenges." said San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo. "We applaud the partnership between prefab ADU and 29th Street Capital to offer a critical financial innovation: 0% short-term loans that can help strapped homeowners reduce the cost of construction, while adding 200 affordable by design units to our housing stock."
More on The Californer
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #165 - COVID-19 Response and Recovery
- San Jose Mayor, City Council Unanimously Approve Acting City Manager for 10th Largest City in the Nation
- Confluent Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Cryptsoft's KMIP technology strengthens security in Networked Energy Services' Advanced Metering Infrastructure solutions
- SOS Hydration Partners With Original 'Shark' Kevin Harrington
While ADUs continue to gain popularity, financing options have yet to catch up with the demand. Without a finished unit or proof of income from a tenant, many lenders view ADUs as risky investments. To address this challenge, 29th Street Capital is partnering with the City of San Jose and prefabADU to offer a 0% interest loan for 6 months to 20-30 customers as a bridge between building an ADU and accessing traditional loan options. After six months, interest rates will go up to 9.95% to encourage homeowners to refinance through a traditional lender for long term financing.
"Piloting ADU ideas is something we've done for 16 years," said Steve Vallejos, President of prefabADU. "Today we take on financing, which is the next step in our evolution as an industry"
Led by prefabADU, the San Jose ADU Pilot program offers two preapproved standardized ADU plans that have been utilized throughout the Bay Area and can be installed in 90 days. These preapproved plans allow for smoother, more expedited planning, building, and permitting processes for site-specific ADUs within the city. All plans are smaller than 750 square feet, so homeowners won't be required to pay impact fees.
More on The Californer
- San Francisco: Mayor Breed Announces Historic Relaunch of The City's LGBTQI+ Advisory Committee on Pride Week
- SkyWest Airlines and SJVC Relaunch Apprenticeship Program
- Mayor London Breed Celebrates Completion of San Francisco's New Seismically Safe Emergency Medical Services Station No. 49, Home of The City's Ambulance Fleet
- The Power of Three: Helios Bioelectronics, GattaCo, and iAssay Unite to Clobber Infectious Disease
- PEAK Technical Services Selects ELEVATE to Manage Portfolio of Mid-Market MSP Customers
Symbium Build, provides a free online tool that allows homeowners to verify an ADU works on their property, allowing them to virtually place one of the preapproved designs from prefabADU within their property lines.
To learn more about San Jose Scaling ADU's pilot program, visit here.
To determine if a property pre-qualifies, owners can fill out a pre-qualification ADU form here.
To watch the press conference, visit here.
DISCLAIMER: The City of San Jose can neither offer any financial advice, nor recommend any particular firms or loans to residents.
About the City of San José
With more than one million residents, San José comprises the 10th largest city in the United States and one of its most diverse cities. San José's transformation into a global innovation center in the heart of Silicon Valley has resulted in the world's greatest concentration of technology talent and development.
Latest on The Californer
- Gamma Zeta Boulé Foundation Raises $190,000, Awards $83,000 in Scholarships to Eight Graduating Senior L.A.M.P. Mentor Program Mentees and Recognizes Three L.A.M.P. Mentees Selected as Boulé Scholars
- AdsWizz New Audio Attribution Solution Delivers Positive Results for Advertisers
- Cloud Gaming Market Size To Expand At 48.2% CAGR By 2027, Owing To Rising Investments In 5G Technology & Admittance To Several Games On Cloud At Reasonable Prices | Million Insights
- Infogain Recognized as 2nd Fastest Growing Company in Everest Group Engineering Services Top 50™ 2021
- thredUP Releases Its Ninth Annual Resale Report with First-Ever Impact Section
- Lamorinda Realtor Judy Sin Brokers Difficult Deal On Home With 2 Months Of Renovations Left
- As Mobile Usage Skyrockets, Nearly Half of Consumers Do Not Protect Personal Data
- California: Governor Newsom Declares State of Emergency for Madera and Mariposa Counties Due to January Wind Event
- Sintilimab in Combination with Chemotherapy Meets Overall Survival Primary Endpoint in the Global Phase 3 ORIENT-15 Study for the First-Line Treatment of Esophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Second Sight Medical Products Announces Pricing of Public Offering
- Maleimide Activated OVA-Peptide Conjugation Kit
- Meet Dr. Karen Tran-Harding - Creator, Host & Producer of MEDICAL HEROES
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed and Supervisor Rafael Mandelman Introduce Legislation to Expand LGBTQ Data Collection for City Employees and Applicants
- The Law Offices of Frank R. Cruz Announces Investigation of MicroStrategy Incorporated (MSTR) on Behalf of Investors
- Innovaccer Partners With Perception Health to Power Smart Referral Management With Predictive Analytics
- Top Executive from Under Armour Joins CEO Coaching International®
- Innovative Tour of the Elkhorn Slough
- Surface Optics Awarded NAVAIR SBIR Grant to Develop Multispectral Imaging System for Detectio
- San Jose: : Fireworks 'Just Not Worth It' – Celebrate Safely this Fourth of July
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Announces Opening of New Permanent Supportive Housing