INTENT TO ADOPT A MITIGATED NEGATIVE DECLARATION
CITY OF SAN JOSE, CALIFORNIA
Project Name: ARCO Redevelopment Project File No.: CP17-028
Description: Conditional Use Permit to allow the demolition of an existing 1,647-square foot convenience store, pump island canopy, pump islands, and the removal of underground storage tanks and the construction of a 3,054-square foot, 24-hour convenience store with off-sale of alcohol, a 792-square foot, roll-over car wash, and a 4,860 square foot fueling canopy over eight (8) multi-product dual fuel dispensers on an approximately 0.75-gross acre site.
Location: At the northwest corner of Quimby Road and Capitol Expressway at 2375 Quimby Road in San José, California
Assessor's Parcel Nos.: 491-48-009
Council District: 8
Applicant Contact Information: Ed Hale, Barghausen Consulting Engineers, Inc., 18215 72nd Avenue South, Kent WA 98032
The City has performed an environmental review of the project. The environmental review examines the nature and extent of any adverse effects on the environment that could occur if the project is approved and implemented. Based on the review, the City has prepared a Draft Mitigated Negative Declaration (MND) for this project. An MND is a statement by the City that the project will not have a significant effect on the environment because the project will include mitigation measures that will reduce identified project impacts to a less than significant level. The project site is not present on any list pursuant to Section 65962.5 of the California Government Code.
More on The Californer
- Open Studios Day on Saturday, December 7th 2019 Angels Gate Cultural Center
- Globemaker Introduces New Handcrafted, Geographical Globes For Homes, Schools, Offices
- ForgingBlock has implemented Lightning Network and integrated more cryptocurrencies
- Warm Up With Tortilla Soup At Chronic Tacos
- JRM Web Marketing Names Jason Pesigan Website Consultant
The public is welcome to review and comment on the Draft MND. The public comment period for this Draft MND begins on Friday, November 8, 2019, and ends on Monday December 2, 2019.
The Draft MND, Initial Study, and reference documents are available online at: http://www.sanjoseca.gov/negativedeclarations. The documents are also available for review from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at the City of San José Department of Planning, Building and Code Enforcement, located at City Hall, 200 East Santa Clara Street; and at the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Main Library, located at 150 E. San Fernando Street.
For additional information, please contact Adam Petersen at (408) 535-1241, or by e-mail at Adam.Petersen@sanjoseca.gov.
Circulation period: Friday, November 8, 2019, and ends on Monday December 2, 2019
Latest on The Californer
- Mossy Nissan Joins Padres Pedal The Cause In a Race To Cure Cancer
- California: Governor Newsom Issues Proclamations Declaring Special Elections for 25th Congressional District and 28th Senate District
- Montessori Education Please, Monte-Something, No!
- HYLETE Postpones Initial Public Offering
- Lifetime Montessori School Launches Bilingual Montessori Program
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Announces Winter Shelter Schedule
- Big Fuss Records Reveals Gen Lacroix As Artist To Watch In 2020
- Help Us Raise Awareness About The Tragedy Of This Mold Story
- Jason Gosnell Joins UrsaLeo as CTO
- Advanced Test Equipment Rentals Recognizes Vendor of the Year NH Research
- Iconic San Diego Bookstore Loses Lease
- Applebee's® is Turning up the Temperature with New Sizzlin' Entrees
- Axiros Announces A Strategic Technology Partnership With AudioCodes
- The Extraordinary Life of Shane by Lansing Productions coming 2020!
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 11.14.19
- Cocoa, Kids Crafts & Caroling @ the Kennels--Inland Empire Animal Shelter to Host Holiday Open House
- Peachtree Immediate Care Opens New Urgent Care Clinic in Tucker, GA
- Gorgeous Condo in the exclusive Ritz-Carlton Residences at LA Live
- EvolvingPlanet7.org, ProjectPeaceonEarth.org, PeaceSongAwards.org & SupportVeteransNow.org Partner with Third Ear Sound Healing App and its Founder
- California: Governor Newsom Statement on Santa Clarita High School Shooting