On February 5, 2019, City Council asked staff to bring back research on "recontrol," which occurs when newly built apartments are subject to rent control because the apartments replaced previously rent controlled apartments. The current Ellis Act Ordinance says:
- 50% of new apartments built, or the same number of apartments were removed from the market, are subject to the City's Apartment Rent Ordinance; and An owner may seek an exemption from these recontrol requirements if 20% of the new apartments are built on-site as deed-restricted affordable rental housing consistent with the City's Inclusionary Housing Ordinance.
More on The Californer
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Greg Kearney
- A Children's Book Where The Baby Farts Bubbles!
- Jales De Mello, CEO of Aleph Group Inc. has been awarded the prestigious Presidential "E" Award
- United Premier Soccer League Announces Las Vegas Division Expansion with North Vegas Soccer Demilio
- U/Z Adds to Litigation and Intellectual Property Groups with New Additions
To provide input on the research requested by the City Council, please attend the upcoming meeting:
Wednesday, March 20, 2019
6:00 - 8:00 PM
Seven Trees Community Center
3590 Cas Dr, San Jose, CA 95111
If you have questions, please contact the Rent Stabilization Program at 408-975-4462 or email@example.com.
Latest on The Californer
- df|MG releases SYFI 2 and Planet Earth Cinematic Sound Effect Libraries
- How to get google technical support number?
- On Her 5th CD, "Crowded Heart," Vocalist Judy Wexler Presents "Jazz Standards for the 21st Century"
- Turning Digital Advertising Into Content Equity for Brand Advertisers
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed and Supervisor Gordon Mar Announce Agreement to Fully Fund Free City College
- 26th Annual Oxnard Salsa Festival Seeks Sponsors
- Sip & Shop at The Collection June 1st
- Don Glut's Tales of Frankenstein starring Mel Novak, Jim Tavare and more Wins Rondo Hatton Award
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments
- Marianne's Momentum: New Poll Places Marianne Williamson Among Top 10 Presidential Candidates, Securing her place on the 2020 DNC Debate Stage
- San Francisco's Anh Lê: Unredacted Mueller Report A Must & Reclaim Democratic Values
- The Aspire Institute Launches New Workshop to Protect GCs From The Inevitable Economic Downturn
- Launch of VoltEdge™ Brings Fresh New Energy to Stagnant Game Accessory Category
- Allied Wallet Inc. Settles with FTC and Implements New Improvements
- Connecticut Entrepreneur Helps Los Angeles Homeless Have Access to Clean Clothes
- Point Source Audio Demos Dual Element Microphones for AV Pros at InfoComm 2019
- Greenshine New Energy Completely Overhauls Santa Monica Airport's Archaic Lighting Setup
- The History of Hybrid Studios' SSL Console
- UrsaLeo Welcomes Tim Joyce as Head of Engineering and Opens UK Office
- The Cerebral Palsy Foundation Releases New Universal Homes "Accessibility is Beautiful" Episode