- Celebrate Earth Day on a wine-filled adventure along the Shawangunk Wine Trail!
- California: State Reaffirms Right to Contraceptive Care
- Long-Term Care Insurance Expert Shares Annuity Planning Strategy
Since Governor Newsom took office in 2019, the State Water Board has used a variety of tools, including consolidation, to improve access to safe drinking water for close to 2 million Californians. To support local water systems with safe drinking water projects, the Governor signed legislation establishing the Safe and Affordable Drinking Water Fund. The fund has provided $620 million in grants for drinking water projects in disadvantaged communities since 2019.
The Safe and Affordable Funding for Equity and Resilience Program (SAFER) is a key component of the Safe and Affordable Drinking Water Fund. It focuses on consolidating small, at-risk or failing water systems into larger, higher capacity systems. SAFER has provided over $815,000 in grants for Westside Elementary's consolidation into the Coachella Valley Water District alone. Before its consolidation, Westside Elementary relied on contaminated well water.
More on The Californer
- New horizons for Virtual Pets Fans
- EARN ALLIANCE INTRODUCES FIRST-IN-MARKET WEB3 GAMING DISCOVERY PLATFORM THAT REWARDS GAMERS, AND PROVIDES "ENGAGEMENT AS A SERVICE" SOLUTION FOR DEVELOPERS
- Exciting News: "Long Live the Baron" Soars into Top 200 on Amazon Bookstore
- Evolus to Participate in Upcoming Leerink Partners and Barclays Investor Conferences
- Discover the Jowl Lift: a non-invasive facial procedure created by Dr. Paulo Martin
Today at Riverside County's Westside Elementary, leaders from the State Water Board joined representatives from U.S. EPA Region 9 and local officials to celebrate this milestone achievement in providing safe drinking water access to Californians.
Governor Newsom stated: "There's nothing more fundamental than ensuring our communities have access to clean drinking water, and I'm incredibly proud of the progress we've made from day one of my Administration on this long-standing challenge." He added that close to 2 million Californians have benefitted from improved access to safe drinking water since 2019 as a testament to their ongoing commitment to supporting communities in every corner of their state.
Latest on The Californer
- Yours Humanly to Hold 7th Annual Gift of Schooling Gala, March 9, Blackhawk Museum
- Cal Lutheran Professor Named Inaugural Faculty Fellow
- TriCo Bancshares Announces Increase in Quarterly Cash Dividend
- City of Long Beach Launches Sidewalk to Success Program to Support Business Development
- Landis+Gyr and SPAN Announce Partnership to Unlock Electrification and DER Flexibility at the Grid Edge USA - English USA - English
- City to Host, Fund 2024 Long Beach Pride Parade
- Star Wars' The Mandalorian & Grogu to be Filmed in California Through the State's Film and TV Tax Credit Program
- California Sees Significant Increase in Applications to Join CHP
- Salem News Channel Host Mike Gallagher to Broadcast from Israel
- Vantiva Demonstrates One of the First Carrier-Grade Wi-Fi 7 Extenders and Advanced 5G FWA CPE at Mobile World Congress 2024
- Metro Commercial Brokers Deal Brings Puttshack to The Shops at Liberty Place
- Flourish Ventures Promotes Investment Leads in India and LatAm; Strengthens Bench in US and Africa with New Hires USA - English MEXICO - Spanish India - Hindi BRAZIL - Portuguese USA - English
- "LIBERTYLAND" Echoes January 6 in a Gripping Tale of Terror and the Quest for American Ideals
- CCHR and Electroshock Survivors Reject Psychiatric Apology for Tortured Children
- B. Riley Securities to Host Radiopharma Investor Conference in New York on March 1, 2024
- Legion Partners Sends Letter to Twilio Board of Directors
- Meredith Thomas Selected as Master of Ceremonies for International Women's Day Gala for 2024
- "Unlock the Blueprint to Success: Morgan Mayfield's Latest Book Delivers Proven Strategies for Realtors to Achieve 6-Figure-Plus Success
- Faraday Future Announces Reverse Stock Split and Authorized Share Reduction
- Zepp Health Unveils Zepp OS 3.5 with Zepp Flow™, Powered by Large Language Model AI, Pioneering the Next Generation of Wearable Intelligence Devices at MWC Barcelona 2024