- Sinaloa Cartel Embraces Diversity and Inclusion in the Post-Chapo Era
- IntellaTriage Names Olivia Gaffney, RN as 2022 Nurse of the Year Honoree
- Ohio Pacing Stallion Catch The Fire Is Heading To Australia
Mayor Rex Richardson said, "The Youth Advisory Council is a model of how to integrate youth voice into local government. We encourage all youth who are interested in civic and community engagement to apply to serve on the advisory body."
To be eligible, applicants must be between 16 and 26 years old, reside in Long Beach, be available to meet twice a month, and have a passion for issues affecting youth in Long Beach. Applications can be submitted online until June 30th. Those without computer or smart phone access can visit a public computer lab at the Ron R. Arias Health Equity Center or any Long Beach Public Library location to fill out and submit their digital application.
More on The Californer
- Ventura College Foundation Distributes Over $670,000 In Scholarships
- Century Fasteners Corp. – Robert D. Botticelli, Hired
- InventHelp Inventor Develops Improved Holder for a Smartphone (OCC-1612)
- CUTR INVESTOR DEADLINE: Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Announces that Cutera, Inc. Investors with Substantial Losses Have Opportunity to Lead Class Action Lawsuit
- Levinger-Regens Analytics Reveals New Energy Outlook
The City provides coaching and development to ensure youth Councilmembers have the tools they need to drive accountability for the YSP and are compensated for their work on the youth council. They serve 12-month terms and represent all council districts while including at-large members with a health equity focus on priority neighborhoods that have experienced disproportionate amounts of violence, poverty and impacts due to COVID-19.
The Youth Advisory Council was designed by recommendations provided during 2022's Youth Design Sessions where youth throughout the city informed its outreach, application, selection and retention process. In its first year which began in August 2022, it participated in a convening with other civic bodies from Los Angeles City and County as well as supported disbursement of Measure US Youth Fund dollars for youth serving organizations while presenting an update on YSP to City Council.
Kimberly Lim, District 1's Youth Advisory Councilmember said "It has been a very rewarding experience being part of Long Beach's First Youth Advisory Council…My vision is that we continue to strengthen our foundation so that we can effectively continue to make change in Long Beach."
Those interested can find additional application details on Office of Youth Development's website along with more information about Office of Youth Development itself.
Filed Under: Government, City
Latest on The Californer
- InventHelp Inventor Develops Windows with Self-Adjusting Tint Capabilities (SDB-1615)
- California: Governor Newsom Proclaims Memorial Day 2023
- InventHelp Inventor Develops Mini Showering Tub for Pets (SCO-285)
- New Online Community Portal for Real Estate Photographers
- SHAREHOLDER ACTION REMINDER: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in NextEra Energy, Inc. with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- Dancing Numbers Unveils Google Sheets QuickBooks Integration, Streamlining Data Import, Export, and Deletion
- Cadence Collaborates with Arm to Accelerate Mobile Device Silicon Success with New Arm Total Compute Solutions
- ASKA performs ground and systems testing, on-street driving tests of ASKA™ A5 drive and fly eVTOL
- Does America Really Owe Blacks for Slavery?
- Made in the Shade Summer Festival Returns to Walnut Creek, June 25
- The Law Offices of Frank R. Cruz Announces the Filing of a Securities Class Action on Behalf of Virtu Financial, Inc. (VIRT) Investors
- Open-sourcing Vessel: a high-level Ruby web crawling framework
- OverSightMD Closes the Gap for Metabolic and Mental Health Treatment Across Healthcare Silos
- KEANA Announces New Single Collab '2 Summers Ago' With Micah Emrich
- Boomin Reunion Band Climbs the Spotify Charts With Brazil, Sweden, Spain, Netherlands and USA Tops
- PenFed Credit Union and San Diego Wave FC Partner for Military Appreciation Night
- Get Set for Summer with VIZIO's Red-Hot Memorial Day Deals
- AHEAD With Horses Announces Fun Day 2023
- prevention verses hospitalizations and/or emergency care., Dr.Abhay Kumar Pati, D.Sc
- 100FilmsRetreat.com Completed 1st Ever Event with Films from 59 Different Countries on 6 Continents