Frances Chacon, 47, of Sacramento, has been appointed deputy director of legislative affairs for the California Complete Count – Census 2020. Chacon was legislative consultant at the Department of General Services from 2016 to 2019. She was program manager at the Department of Social Services from 2015 to 2016. Chacon was principal consultant at the Assembly Committee on Human Services from 2008 to 2012. She was executive deputy director of legislation and public affairs at the Victim Compensation Board from 2006 to 2007. Chacon was principal consultant at the Assembly Transportation Committee from 2004 to 2006 and at the Assembly Committee on Local Government from 2000 to 2004. Chacon is a member of Habitat for Humanity. This position does not require Senate confirmation and the compensation is $111,996. Chacon is registered without party preference.
Nicholas Garcia, 22, of Sacramento, has been appointed research data specialist I at the California Complete Count – Census 2020. Garcia was an undergraduate researcher at the University of California, Berkeley Department of Sociology from 2017 to 2019. This position does not require Senate confirmation and the compensation is $66,000. Garcia is a Democrat.
More on The Californer
- El gobernador Newsom firma un proyecto de ley que le devuelve el dinero a los bolsillos de más trabajadores de California y sus familias
- Governor Newsom Signs Bill Putting Money Back into the Pockets of More California Workers and their Families
- Zwolinski, Jenkins Launch Skillsgapp To Reach GenZ With Skills-Based Gaming App Training
- 12-carat diamond ring brings $143,750 in Andrew Jones' first Fine Jewelry, Watches & Timepieces sale
- 50/50 Leadership To Have Second Round Of Interns For Our Youth Leadership Program
Kayla Olvera Hilario, 40, of San Diego, has been appointed tribal affairs specialist at the California Complete Count – Census 2020. Olvera Hilario has been programs coordinator at the Southern California American Indian Resource Center since 2015. She was a child care coordinator at the Inter-Tribal Council of California from 2002 to 2015. Olvera Hilario is a board member of the San Diego County Emergency Food and Shelter Program and previously of the Tribal Child Care Association of California. She is a recipient of the Rodney T. Matthews Scholarship for California Indians and previously served as the election committee chair for the Ione Band of Miwok Indians. Olvera Hilario earned a Master of Arts degree in nonprofit leadership and management from the University of San Diego. This position does not require Senate confirmation and the compensation is $90,000. Olvera Hilario is a Democrat.
Dorothy Johnson, 39, of Sacramento, has been appointed policy advisor to the director at the California Complete Count – Census 2020, where she has been assistant director for legislative affairs since 2019. She was a legislative representative at the California State Association of Counties from 2015 to 2019 and at the California Special Districts Association from 2012 to 2015. Johnson was associate legislative representative and senior policy analyst at the League of California Cities from 2007 to 2011. She was senior account executive at Perry Communications Group from 2006 to 2007. Johnson was grassroots director at the American Heart Association – Western States Affiliate from 2004 to 2006. She was a legislative assistant at Shaw-Yoder Inc. from 2003 to 2004. This position does not require Senate confirmation and the compensation is $119,028. Johnson is a Democrat.
More on The Californer
- Seniors Urged To Prepare Early For Medicare Annual Enrollment Season
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Announces Groundbreaking of First 100% Affordable Housing Complex on Treasure Island
- California: Governor Newsom Issues Proclamation Declaring POW/MIA Recognition Day 9.18.20
- Massive Releases New SUMMOXL 6.5 & 8 Inch Subwoofers
- Mayor London Breed Announces Timeline and Framework for Reopening Indoor Dining in San Francisco
James Miller, 50, of Sacramento, has been appointed operations project manager at the California Complete Count – Census 2020, where he has been data and mapping manager since 2018. He was research program specialist II at the California Department of Finance from 2017 to 2018. Miller was a senior writer at the Sacramento Bee from 2013 to 2017. This position .does not require Senate confirmation and the compensation is $111,144. Miller is registered without party preference.
Vanessa Vaughn, 31, of Sacramento, has been appointed regional program manager for outreach at the California Complete Count – Census 2020. Vaughn has been procurement official lead at the State Census Office since 2018. She was procurement official lead at the Department of General Services from 2016 to 2018. Vaughn was office services supervisor III at the Department of Consumer Affairs from 2012 to 2013. This position does not require Senate confirmation and the compensation is $90,000. Vaughn is a Democrat.
Latest on The Californer
- ViridisChem expands its market reach with key distribution partnership in South Korea
- Governor Newsom Signs Legislation to Protect California's Workforce Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic
- AUA announces Master of Public Health Collaboration with FIU Stempel College to allow students to pursue both medical and public health degrees
- AcadianKitchens.com Launches With Free Shipping on the Best Cajun Food in the Country
- SportLogic, Inc. Announces Launch of New Website at www.SportLogicInc.com
- Cheap Car Insurance: Is it Too Good to Be True?
- Mama Cleo Delivers "It Ain't Easy" for "Corona Diaries" Compilation at Big Fuss Records
- Emerald Escapes Receives the 2020 Best of Spring Texas Award
- DeskProto® releases free CAM software for Linux
- Professional Interactive Webinar Series: Implementing the Future of Transportation
- Evolve IP Integrates Business Messaging Into Microsoft Teams; Enhances Microsoft's Direct Routing Solution
- Attivo Networks to Host Webinar on Active Defense Capabilities of MITRE Shield
- BeBop Sensors & Talon Simulations Awarded Epic MegaGrant to develop a haptic glove-driven, full-motion VR trainer built for the Unreal Engine
- Eric Rudnick MD FAAD Returns to Boca Raton Hometown to Open Dazzling Dermatology
- Freight Right partners with Chain.io to bring real time shipment visibility to FreightOs customers
- New Study Projects Mobile AR Revenue to Reach $21 Billion by 2024
- PRIDE Museum Donates 400 Themed Masks To Help Increase Women's Voting Presence In The 2020 Election
- 'RESPEKT: Beauty Meditation' Launches Amazon Alexa Skill
- Alternative Broadcast Platform for Voters to Sound off on Trump and Biden Launched
- Helena auditioned for Atlantic Records left everyone mesmerized, she is the real deal a rare combination of beauty and talent -Leon Youngblood SR