Gustavo Velasquez, 47, of Takoma Park, MD, has been appointed director of the Department of Housing and Community Development. Velasquez has been senior director at the Urban Institute since 2017. He was assistant secretary for the Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity at the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development from 2014 to 2017. Velasquez was executive director at the Latino Economic Development Center from 2013 to 2014. He was director of the Office of Human Rights from 2007 to 2013 and the Office of Latino Affairs from 2003 to 2006 for the government of the District of Columbia. Velasquez earned a Master of Public Administration degree from the University of Pennsylvania. This position requires Senate confirmation and the compensation is $196,021. Velasquez is a Democrat.
Zachary Olmstead, 41, of Sacramento, has been appointed chief deputy director of the Department of Housing and Community Development. Olmstead has been deputy director of housing policy development at the Department of Housing and Community Development since 2017 and was assistant deputy director of homelessness and housing policy there from 2016 to 2017. He was senior assistant to Speaker Toni G. Atkins in the California State Assembly from 2013 to 2016. Olmstead was homeless policy director at Housing California from 2006 to 2013. He earned a Master of Public Policy and Administration degree from California State University, Sacramento. This position does not require Senate confirmation and the compensation is $168,000. Olmstead is a Democrat.
More on The Californer
- Los Angeles Urban League Addresses Protests Related to the Death of George Floyd at the Hands of Police
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #1 - Protest Safety
- Online Dating Profile Critiques and Makeovers
- Masters Hall of Fame Announces David Dye As The 2021 Keynote Speaker
- Human Hemoglobin for Interference Testing
Doug McCauley, 55, of Sacramento, has been appointed commissioner of the Department of Real Estate. McCauley has served as chief deputy director of the Department of Housing and Community Development since 2018, and has served as acting director of the Department since 2019. He was executive officer at the California Architects Board from 2001 to 2018. McCauley earned a Master of Public Administration degree from Golden Gate University. This position requires Senate confirmation and the compensation is $161,628. McCauley is a Democrat.
Latest on The Californer
- California: Governor Newsom Signs Executive Order on Actions in Response to COVID-19 5.29.20
- Demand Justice for George Floyd
- Mayor Sam Liccardo's Statement on San Jose Protests Following the Death of George Floyd
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #110 - COVID-19 Mitigation and Response
- California: Governor Newsom and First Partner Siebel Newsom Announce New and Expanded Support for Victims of Domestic Violence
- San Jose: Notice of CEQA Posting: Charcot Avenue Extension Project and EIR Public Hearing
- STARK Industries, LLC Awarded NASA JPL - VITAL Ventilator Manufacturing License to Combat the Global COVID-19 Crisis
- Americans Face Problems Paying Medical Bills Despite Health Insurance
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Announces the First New Affordable Housing Development on Treasure Island is Moving Forward
- Real Estate Agent in Montebello, CA 90640
- Joyhorror Entertainment signs Martial Artist, Paul Mormando
- Evolve IP Offers Rapid Deployment of Desktop as a Service to Ingram Micro Partners
- 626 acquires the assets of Innovatus CR and DR Business. The World Slows Down. We Move Faster
- Property from the estate of June D. Winkler will be sold online, June 16th, by Andrew Jones Auctions
- R+M Development Closes on Refinance of Student Housing Project Amidst Pandemic
- Teenage mariachi ensemble records album during pandemic, keeping social distancing guidelines
- Getman Takes his Popular Book Fairs into the Virtual World Transforming the Way Buyers Meet Sellers of Rare Books, Maps, Prints and Ephemera
- Survivorship Conference Presentations Educate Readers about Ritual Abuse and Mind Control
- Teleroute, Part of Alpega Group, launches an API Interface and a new Mobile App to help their growing number of customers work even more efficiently
- Exclusive interview with Katherine Schwarzenegger Pratt "Catching up with Natalie & Katherine"